Phantom Sport Mode (for Automatic)?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Phantom Sport Mode (for Automatic)? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; No Rhyme or Reason! Sometimes I'll turn Sport mode on and leave it on. I'll then turn the car off. ...
    miscreant is offline GM Connection

Phantom Sport Mode (for Automatic)?

No Rhyme or Reason! Sometimes I'll turn Sport mode on and leave it on. I'll then turn the car off. I then leave the car sit from either 3 minutes (to stop in and get gas or a snack) to over night. SOMETIMES the Sport mode is still on, and sometimes its back off. Anyone notice this. There doesn't seem to be a particular reason why Sport Mode stays active when you shut the car off...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: Phantom Sport Mode (for Automatic)?

could it be a time thing? maybe 5 minutes? i know that sounds weird, but its either something like that or its a glitch....ask your local dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    could it be a time thing? maybe 5 minutes? i know that sounds weird, but its either something like that or its a glitch
    Sometimes I'll turn it on for only 3 minutes before I turn the car off, and sometmies I'll have it on all the way home. And sometimes I have the car off for 3 minutes, or overnight. And there's no pattern to it. The only thing I can figure is that the sport mode senses if you are REALLY using it, and stays on for the next time, but if you aren't really getting into it, it turns off for the next time.

....ask your local dealer
    I'll try to get around to that, they are just SOOOOO far away...

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

gotta be a glitch. if the CTS had that kind of "fuzzy" logic, i would think cadillac would advertise it.

strindl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I havn't really tried out the sport mode setting much yet...just engaged it for a few minutes once to see the difference. I'll try it out some tomorrow and post my results.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

You're right Ron, there is no rhyme or reason to sport mode. Sometimes the car remembers you had it set, sometime it forgets. So far, it never engages sport mode if you didn't have it engaged previously. Chaulk it up to gremlins along with the flashing hvac controls and disappearing lines on the radio presets. (I'll start a thread on this one.)

FastCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Same here, turn it on. Restart car later and sometimes it's on and sometimes it's off. When I turn off the traction control it's never on when I restart car. I wish it stayed off all the time and only came on if I turn it on.

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv
    You're right Ron, there is no rhyme or reason to sport mode. Sometimes the car remembers you had it set, sometime it forgets. So far, it never engages sport mode if you didn't have it engaged previously. Chaulk it up to gremlins along with the flashing hvac controls and disappearing lines on the radio presets. (I'll start a thread on this one.)
    I know exactly what you're talking about with the disappearing lines! I thought no one else noticed. I took it to the dealer in Ann Arbor, MI and explained to them that the lines on my radio would disappear when I selected certain presets with RDS data and they just looked at me like I was crazy. The next day they called me and said they couldn't duplicate the problem. I want my lines back!!

jsw029 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I drive with the Sport Mode on and T/C off all the time (is that bad?).

Sometimes the Sport Mode stays on, sometimes not. My dealer told me that if the Sport Mode was engaged when the car was shut off it should remain on when you start it up again. However, it is very erratic.

Neoflex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have found with sport mode, if you have it on and you drive it like you stole it it stays on after being parked even after not being driven for a few days, but if you turn sport mode on and are driving in a lot of stop and go traffic and don't really get on it much it shuts off after the next start. I just figured the computer does this for fuel economy purposes, but I am just reaching here. Like I said though if I get on it, it tends to stick. I drove my car last night and the last time I drove it before that was on Sunday afternoon. I was kind getting on it a bit on Sunday before I put her to sleep and my sport mode was still active when I got in and started it. Just been my experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoflex
    I have found with sport mode, if you have it on and you drive it like you stole it it stays on after being parked even after not being driven for a few days, but if you turn sport mode on and are driving in a lot of stop and go traffic and don't really get on it much it shuts off after the next start. I just figured the computer does this for fuel economy purposes, but I am just reaching here. Like I said though if I get on it, it tends to stick. I drove my car last night and the last time I drove it before that was on Sunday afternoon. I was kind getting on it a bit on Sunday before I put her to sleep and my sport mode was still active when I got in and started it. Just been my experience with it.
    That's what I think, as posted above by me: "The only thing I can figure is that the sport mode senses if you are REALLY using it, and stays on for the next time, but if you aren't really getting into it, it turns off for the next time."...

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

I read the manual (God forbid) and it said Sport Mode is part of the seat memory system. So I put it in Sport and hit the memory button. We'll see if that works or not.
    BTW, can anyone tell me what the slot to the right of the gear shifter is for?

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost04
    I read the manual (God forbid) and it said Sport Mode is part of the seat memory system. So I put it in Sport and hit the memory button. We'll see if that works or not.
    I don't have the memory package .

A pen.

S10xGN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost04
    Doesn't make any difference on ours... Still defaults to off every time.

WRH
    WRH is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The $35,000 Pen that you go with your car. Look in the Owners Manual cover. It is a two position pen, one side is ink for writing, the other for your PDA! Now the secret is to find one that actually has ink that flows..... all the time....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.