Possible Cts Owner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Possible Cts Owner in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello everyone! I am graduating from college soon and as a "reward" I get a car. Of course, I am ...
    newbe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Possible Cts Owner

Hello everyone! I am graduating from college soon and as a "reward" I get a car. Of course, I am not too spoiled, and will have to pay for half. Therefore, I am extremely interested in purchasing a 2003 Cadillac CTS, but know it is considered a "luxury" car...and need to know if the maintenance cost will be to hefty for me to handle. How much is an oil change? How much do the tires costs (225/55HR16)? How good on gas is this car? And any other information you can give me would be grateful. I am torn b/w making a practical choice and buying something I like aesthetically (CTS), so I need to fix this and find out more about this car! PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M STaR 013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Possible Cts Owner

first off, congratulations on finishing college! second, i think the CTS is considered a near-luxury car, but thats still very good. i havent had anything really worked on for my CTS, but i think it would be cheaper than a euro because the parts are in america. i can say the gas mileage is pretty good. i drive mostly city miles, and usually get 16 MPG. filling up in california is around 36 bucks. i hope i informed you a little bit!

newbe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for your help M Star 013! I really appreciate it.

evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe

i get an average of of 20mpg (that is 80% fwy and 20% city) here in california. oil change runs about $70 since i am using synthetic oil. it should run about $35 if you are just going to use regular. for me, insurance is probably the most expensive part of the car.

i am a college student and is doing ok on supporting the car, i'm sure you can too! good luck on your decision...

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

If you do the oil changes yourself, it is very inexpensive (~$27 for synthetic or ~$10 for regular).... Also, once you learn how to do it and have the correct gear, you will know that it is dont right (not incorrectly by some guy at Jiffy lube).

Reed

BlueMalibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 Sport, 6-Speed

I'm getting 23 MPG, mostly city driving with my 3.2L / Stick. If you don't mind a manual trans that may be the way to go for mileage. Also, you will pay less for a manual. I do my own oil changes for about $25 for mobil 1 (wal-mart jug) and a filter.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

I drive about 32 miles one way to work, mostly highway, but I drive it a little sportingly. I get about 24mpg per the DIC. Insurance is not that cheap, it's a little above normal, but not bad. Maintenance - remember you have a 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty with the CTS. Synthetic oil, according to cadillac, only needs changing every 7000 miles or so, so it's not bad at all, but you can change early like I do - I buy the Mobil 1 from Walmart (5 quart) when it's on sale for about $18, and then take it with me. The oil shange ends up costing $14 + the $18...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

smuook is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hmmm... I'd at least look at a used 2004 model with a 3.6L engine. You might be able to "steal" one from someone who decided they wanted a V instead. The 3.2L is a good engine... but I think the 3.6 is outstanding. It is more sophisticated with Variable Valve Timing and an incredible power band. It also is designed for a lower octane gas... which wouldn't hurt with these crazy gas prices. Just a thought... if money is a factor. I average about 23mpg combined... half and half highway and city. The 3.2 is a good decision, it is an outstanding car... but first year cars generally don't do as well on resell though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.