Wood Trim kit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Wood Trim kit in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; These wood trim kits they sell on ebay, like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADIL...em360023299559 Are they any good? And worthwhile? I remember ...
    Cartdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS

Wood Trim kit

These wood trim kits they sell on ebay, like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADIL...em360023299559

Are they any good? And worthwhile? I remember the dude that I bought my 05 from saying that they sell the kit for like..$300 or something..then I see this..

By the pics..it almost looks like TOO MUCH wood ......but..i was just curious if this junk is any good or not..

Anybody got any experience??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kfx
    kfx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS

Re: Wood Trim kit

I added some wood trim to mine and I like how it turned out. Be sure to stick with one of the high quality kit manufacturers, I went with a Sherwood dash kit.

http://www.sherwooddash.com/

These are nice, all the pieces are precisely cut and on the pieces that cover up any writing, the writing is reproduced on the trim piece.

You can pick & choose which pieces to use, I didn't put on the whole kit because I thought it would be too much, especially on the center console.

Cartdawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS

Yea..that's kinda what I was wondering...can I pick an choose what to put on it....but..how much did that kit cost??

Quote Originally Posted by kfx View Post
    I added some wood trim to mine and I like how it turned out. Be sure to stick with one of the high quality kit manufacturers, I went with a Sherwood dash kit.

These are nice, all the pieces are precisely cut and on the pieces that cover up any writing, the writing is reproduced on the trim piece.

You can pick & choose which pieces to use, I didn't put on the whole kit because I thought it would be too much, especially on the center console.

Paco. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): O.G. CTS Sport/Lux, V Grilles/Bumpers, sittin on 20's

I just ordered this one...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

...appearently theyre a match to the wood already in the CTS, according to the feedback...we'll see. I dont think I'll use all the pieces either...

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

That "trim" kit is more like a "entire dash" kit. I'm interested to see how yours comes out and how much u put on.

caddyshack33 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS 3.2 5-spd Manual

Personally, I like the aluminum dash kits and plan to install one after the dealer fixes my peeling dash. *fingers crossed*

rblimas is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los

Quote Originally Posted by kfx View Post

pictures???

Marlin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

please don't.

I looked at CTS at the auction that had a aftermarket kit installed and it was just cheap looking. It was installed correct but just looked bad. i tried to peel a peice off but looked like it damage the interior if I took it off.

I really liked the car but did not get that one because of it.

AmerLux is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

I like mine, the steering wheel piece didn't fit well and the company i bought it from sent me one that did. It is very subtle because i went with grey/black wood look rather then blonde/amber wood. These pics dont show it the way it looks in person, but i love it, much better then the grey plastic everywhere.

kfx
    kfx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by rblimas View Post
    pictures???
    I checked my pics & apparently don't have any after I applied the dash kit. I'll try to get some.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    please don't.

I looked at CTS at the auction that had a aftermarket kit installed and it was just cheap looking. It was installed correct but just looked bad. i tried to peel a peice off but looked like it damage the interior if I took it off.

I really liked the car but did not get that one because of it.
    I guess that's your opinion, but a lot of people have applied the quality kits like the Sherwood with good results. It matched my factory wood pretty close. I actually did it because it was worn on my steering wheel around the buttons and a few other places on the interior so I wanted to make it look new again. I didn't do the whole center DIC/stereo/climate control area because I thought that would be too much.

I found the receipt, i got my from http://www.exoticwooddash.com
    14689 SKU-1436 $190.85 1 Sherwood Dash Kit Color: zebrano oem match for 2003-2003 cadillac cts. was $212.06 Color code: AR

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.