CTS in Chrysler 300 Ad - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS in Chrysler 300 Ad in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Weight, according to Chrysler comparison chart. CTS-V 3850 CTS 3509 300C 4018 I like my CTS and I like the ...
    FastCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Re: CTS in Chrysler 300 Ad

Weight, according to Chrysler comparison chart.

CTS-V 3850 CTS 3509 300C 4018

I like my CTS and I like the 300C, so I bought a 300C. When I get the 300C I'll have to decide which vehicle to drive, CTS-300C-Harley. Life is full of so many decisions.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Drove the 300C Hemi. Very nice car and very fast. Loaded, including Nav and sunroof, about $36-37k. So I said to my wife maybe I'd get it for her. She said I told her I'd NEVER again buy another Chrysler after our Town and Country minivan in which I have replaced almost every major part and a slew of minor parts that nickel and dime me to death! Thank God my wife brought me back to reality.

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I love the look of the 300C, looks like a chopped hot rod. I test drove the hemi, and that is one sweet engine. However, the car overall just felt very big, much bigger then my current STS.

Not that it handled poorly, and generally I like bigger cars. This just was not my type of ride, although I doubt Chrysler will have any problem selling them.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    There are a couple of things I'd like to know. (sorry I don't spend too much time in the CTS forum)

1. The CTS's torque, and weight.
    2. The 300's weight. The Chrysler brochure makes no mention of it.

I'm pretty impressed by any V6 that gets that kind of power, and I'm more than sure the Cadillacs V6 is more refined.

Goth: The hemi beats a Northstar in power.
    3.6l v6 in cts is rated 252lbft and 90% of it is available from 1600rpm ~ 5800rpm

edit: it will be an interesting match between the new sts w/new northstar v8 and the hemi powered 300c on the highway. (from stop nothing beats torque and hemi v8 has plenty of it)

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by FastCTS
    Weight, according to Chrysler comparison chart.

CTS-V 3850 CTS 3509 300C 4018

I like my CTS and I like the 300C, so I bought a 300C. When I get the 300C I'll have to decide which vehicle to drive, CTS-300C-Harley. Life is full of so many decisions.
    Thanks for the numbers info guys! So I guess the 300 does compare more to a Deville than anything. Sounds like Chrysler was "pickng on the little Caddy" in this commercial.

Skuuter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The introduction of the 300 is what gave me the bug to start looking at a new car. I got an invitation to the premier and figured, what the hey? I was very interested and impressed with the 300. I did not test drive the 300C, because I don't need or want that much power. What I was impressed with was the overall aura and presence the 300 has. It looks very classy yet sinister at the same time. It's exactly what I'd have imagined the Green Hornet to have driven were he a contemporary figure.

I drove the 3.5L Limited and found it quite responsive and well mannered in handling. No, it won't wrench your neck when you floor it, but neither will the CTS 3.6L, IMO. I wasn't completely sold on the exterior design for my self-image so I decided to look at the CTS, Acura TL, Volvo S60, Lincoln LS, etc.

The last time I'd really looked at a CTS was in 2001 when they were very fresh and you saw them everywhere in Vegas with "Win this car!" signs on them. From a midget's perspective (with the cars being on rotating pedestals) the car didn't initally appeal to me, looking exaggerated in it's styling. However, when I went shopping this time around I was immediately drawn to the CTS. The Caddy feels more like a driver's car than I expected and more so than any of the other cars I test drove. That, and the fact that I liked the styling this time around is what sold me on the CTS. Yes, I like the power and the handling, but the 300 was a contender, in my experience. Besides, the 300 Touring and Limited only weigh around 150 pounds more than the CTS, so the power is very similar. The CTS does have a broader and flatter torque curve, but there's not enough difference between the two cars, performance-wise, for the average driver to notice, IMO.

The Chrysler name has no cachet for me though. Owning a Cadillac once again has meaning. Thank you GM!

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    Goth: The hemi beats a Northstar in power.
    I wasn't speaking of the N* when I mentioned 'our V8'.
    The V8 in the CTS-V is a 400hp LS6.

When I test drove the 300C, it didn't feel like a sport sedan to me. It straight lines real nice and is even well planted in the turns, but it reminded me more of driving a stiffer version of my Impala SS than my CTS...
    Go test drive one. You'll see what I mean.

evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    The 300's a Chrysler, need you say anymore????
    yup. no more.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Once again, I liked the 300C alot when I drove it. It's a family car. Lots of room and a big car feel. I think it's a great second car after your CTS, which is a true sports car. If you really want a Green Hornet car, look at the Dodge Magnum Hemi. Once again though, most Chrysler products owners over the last 10 years, don't want to buy another one

Shantanu is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I haven't seen the ad, but this kind of thing can only be good for the CTS. It reinforces in the consumer's mind that the CTS is boss. If any newcomer entry-luxury sedan thinks they're tops, they have to beat the CTS first.

And the boss usually isn't the one that loses sales, no matter how hard others come after it. When the CTS and G35 first came out, the BMW-3 series held its ground, but other cars like the IS300 and Lincoln took a huge hit.

I personally do not like the front end of the Chrysler 300. I actually prefer the Dodge. The main problem I have is one of size. At 190 inches, even the CTS is a bit too big for me. I can count on my hand the number of times I've had 4 people sit in the car (so backseat space is not that big a deal), or that I've come close to filling the trunk. I have difficulty maneuvering the car when I visit big cities with narrow streets and cramped parking garages.

At 196 inches, the 300 is just too big. But I would consider other Chrysler RWD cars if they make smaller ones off the same platform.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    The Chrysler 3.5L sucks. It's got a horrible power band, and anything over 3500lbs just chugs along with it inside. The CTS has 255hp.
    I take it you never drove a new Intrepid with the 3.5? I was blown away! It could have almost matched my 4.9 except it lacked a little torque. It would have EASILY blown away my well-maintained Grand Marquis with a 5.0!

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

"But I would consider other Chrysler RWD cars if they make smaller ones off the same platform."

be patient , its coming , the dodge charger daytona , coming to nascar for approval next month

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    When I test drove the 300C, it didn't feel like a sport sedan to me. It straight lines real nice and is even well planted in the turns, but it reminded me more of driving a stiffer version of my Impala SS than my CTS...
    Go test drive one. You'll see what I mean.
    Amen! I'll second that. Altho the Int is roomy (and it should be) in the 300.

shaggygrosser is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I liked the 300C when I first saw it... but...

The deal breaker: No manual transmission available.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

The first thing I thought of when I heard about this ad was "The Penalty of Leadership", as posted on page one of this thread. Congratulations, Cadillac. You're back...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.