2005 CTS pricing...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2005 CTS pricing... in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Model.....Description.....MSRP.............Destina tion 6DP69....CTS.............$31,700.00......$695.00 Option Packages: Optioncode..............Description............... .........................MSRP 1SB........................1SB Equipment Group..........................$0.00 1SC........................1SC Equipment Group..........................$8,250.00 PDA........................California CTS Package........................$1,820.00 .............................California Discount w/ PDA....................($550.00) ...
    miscreant is offline GM Connection

2005 CTS pricing...

Model.....Description.....MSRP.............Destina tion
    6DP69....CTS.............$31,700.00......$695.00

Option Packages:

Optioncode..............Description............... .........................MSRP
    1SB........................1SB Equipment Group..........................$0.00
    1SC........................1SC Equipment Group..........................$8,250.00
    PDA........................California CTS Package........................$1,820.00
    .............................California Discount w/ PDA....................($550.00)
    PDB........................California CTS Luxury Package...............$5,965.00
    .............................California Discount w/PDB.....................($1,000.00)
    PDL.........................Luxury Package.................................$3,165.00
    ..............................Luxury Package w/ PDX.......................$2,615.00
    PDX........................Sport Package...................................$1,875.0 0
    ..............................Sport Package w/ PDB.......................$1,325.00

Additional Options:
    OptionCode.............Description................ ........................MSRP
    Audio Systems:
    U2K.......................XM...................... ............................$325.00
    U2S.......................Bose.................... ............................$1,275.00
    UAV.......................DVD Navigation System.......................$1,850.00
    Engine Block Heater:
    K05........................Engine Block Heater............................$60.00
    Lamps:
    TT6........................High Intensity Headlamps.....................$645.00
    Paint:
    29U........................Red Line Premium Paint........................$995.00
    98U........................White Diamond Premium Paint................$995.00
    Seat Options:
    AM9........................Split - Folding Rear Seat......................$450.00
    Sunroof:
    CF5.........................Express Open Sunroof.......................$1,200.00
    Suspension:
    FE2.........................Delete Leveling Suspension.................($185.00)
    Transmission:
    M82........................5 - Automatic Transmission.................$1,200.00
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2005 CTS pricing...

TT6 - HID Headlights requires PDX Sport group.

evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    M82........................5 - Automatic Transmission.................$1,200.00
    this is the 5mt option for the 3.6 we've been talking about right? why are they $1200 more???

on nissan, they charge around 1k more for an auto trans... i never did understand that, and i dont understand this now... is it based on demand?

Quote Originally Posted by evo
    this is the 5mt option for the 3.6 we've been talking about right? why are they $1200 more???

on nissan, they charge around 1k more for an auto trans... i never did understand that, and i dont understand this now... is it based on demand?
    Not 5mt. 5 MT stands for 5 speed Manual Transmission.

Nothing I could say will justify the $1200 for auto, but in most cases that I can think of, and auto costs more in a car - autos are typically more expensive than manuals - the AISIN is a good, cheap manual 6 speed. But keep in mind, the automatic has always cost $1200, even in 2003.

terstheman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

TT6 - HID Headlights requires PDX Sport group.
    i thought this was gonna be a free flow option. what a hassle

evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe

uh... i must have misread that. for some reason... i read it as its $1200 for a "manual" transmission.... gosh what was i thinking? my mistake... im a noob

Spike1282 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I could be wrong, but I believe the DOT requires cars with HIDs to be auto-leveling. Many manufactures put automatically leveling headlights in their cars. Since Cadillac does not have this, I believe the load leveling suspension counts, which is only available with the sport package...

I could defiantly be wrong though….

heres what the PDX package is...

Sport Suspension w/Rear Load Leveling System, Painted Aluminum Wheels, (4) P225/50WR17 Tires, StabiliTrak, Performance Brake Linings & Variable Assist Power Steering.

it just says rear load leveling. why in the world do you need this crap to get the hid's?

it is very annoying.

I could be wrong, but I believe the DOT requires cars with HIDs to be auto-leveling. Many manufactures put automatically leveling headlights in their cars. Since Cadillac does not have this, I believe the load leveling suspension counts, which is only available with the sport package...

I could defiantly be wrong though….
    I haven't been able to crack into a HID housing, but the GM parts system LISTS a leveling module as part of the HID headlight system. Also, the PDX package is available with the load-leveling delete option.

it just says rear load leveling. why in the world do you need this crap to get the hid's?

it is very annoying.
    The TT6 is the least requested option on the CTS since it's intro. In 2003, you could only get it in the 1SB or 1SC, then in 2004 it was no longer a freeflow option and was only available with the 1SC package. Now in 2005 Cadillac offers almost everything as freeflow, but the TT6 is only available with the PDX most likely because most people wanting the TT6 want the PDX package (the sport group). I deffinitely see that. Most people who would even know about what HID headlamps are probably would also be interested in the Sport Package...The 2005 ordering sceme is MUCH better than it's been for customers. Now you can get a 6 speed, PDX Sport Package, Navigation, and HID headlamps all together without being forced to get anything else!

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    I haven't been able to crack into a HID housing, but the GM parts system LISTS a leveling module as part of the HID headlight system. Also, the PDX package is available with the load-leveling delete option.

The TT6 is the least requested option on the CTS since it's intro. In 2003, you could only get it in the 1SB or 1SC, then in 2004 it was no longer a freeflow option and was only available with the 1SC package. Now in 2005 Cadillac offers almost everything as freeflow, but the TT6 is only available with the PDX most likely because most people wanting the TT6 want the PDX package (the sport group). I deffinitely see that. Most people who would even know about what HID headlamps are probably would also be interested in the Sport Package...The 2005 ordering sceme is MUCH better than it's been for customers. Now you can get a 6 speed, PDX Sport Package, Navigation, and HID headlamps all together without being forced to get anything else!
    6MT
    Black on Black
    HID
    Bose
    Sport Suspension
    V grill
    Sunroof

Cadillac has pretty crappy paint choices, but ...

Yippee. finally have it ordered. Now, just have to wait.

briandors is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Great info. If only heated seats were a la carte too.

Arrggg, decisions decisions, wait for '05 GTO or get an '05 CTS "now".

05 gto is so friggin ugly. its a no brainer

they just slapped the badge on an aussy sedan

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by terstheman
    05 gto is so friggin ugly. its a no brainer

they just slapped the badge on an aussy sedan
    Yea, but its still got a 350.

briandors is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Actually, the '04 GTO is "friggin ugly". Nobody has seen the promised exterior styling improvements for '05 yet. Dual-dual exhuast, hood scoops, sunroof, etc.

It will have around 385 HP vs the CTS' 255 HP, while costing slightly less than a CTS. The rags say it's interior is GM's best in terms of seat comfort and the materials do look high quality. Not that the CTS is uncomfortable or cheap.

Brian

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

GTO - Great interior, powertrain, bland styling (which is good as it doesn't stick out to the highway patrol) and then I popped the trunk and saw the fuel tank taking up half of it. What a cheapo solution to meet US regulations.

So ended up having to settle for a CTS-V.

If you want a boy-racer muscle car get the GTO. If you want style and class, get the big V6 CTS with a stick.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.