Wheels for 5X115 is near non-existant
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Wheels for 5X115 is near non-existant in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I can't find any performance wheels for 5X115 bolt pattern. Will 5X114.3 fit?...
    Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Wheels for 5X115 is near non-existant

I can't find any performance wheels for 5X115 bolt pattern. Will 5X114.3 fit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

smuook is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Wheels for 5X115 is near non-existant

I have 18x8.5 aftermarket wheels with 5x114.3 bolt pattern. Since it is not the exact same size... I have hub-centric rings installed between the wheel and hub to align the wheel correctly.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    I can't find any performance wheels for 5X115 bolt pattern. Will 5X114.3 fit?
    What do you define as *performance* wheels?
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    What do you define as *performance* wheels?
    lightweight forged wheels. (BBS, HRE...)
    Only light weight bbs style wheels i found for cts are ASA AR1

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Try MC2 wheels. They have forged wheels made for cadillacs although I'm not too fond of the design. They have non-forged wheels that look much better and they claim that they are lighter than the stock ones. Expect to pay $1865 or more depending on the dealer for regular MC2 wheels with tires. Forged might be more. Check them out at www.mc2ing.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbai2
    Try MC2 wheels. They have forged wheels made for cadillacs although I'm not too fond of the design. They have non-forged wheels that look much better and they claim that they are lighter than the stock ones. Expect to pay $1865 or more depending on the dealer for regular MC2 wheels with tires. Forged might be more. Check them out at www.mc2ing.com.
    how much for the fz3 and where can i get one?

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    how much for the fz3 and where can i get one?

You will have to call your Cadillac dealer and ask them about pricing. Ask more than one dealer because some may mark up the price to increase their profit .

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

114.3 and 115 are interchangeable...

some say theyre not, but I have a hard time being convinced that 7/10 of a millimeter will make a difference.....

smuook is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso

some say theyre not, but I have a hard time being convinced that 7/10 of a millimeter will make a difference.....
    They are not the same... and yes, it does make a difference. I have wheels with 114.3 and initially installed them without hubcentric adapters. At low speeds, you are right... it really doesn't make a "noticeable" difference. The centrifugal force on the wheel is low and .7 won't be noticed. At about 70mph, I was getting a very noticable shake in the steering wheel. It was about 1/8 of an inch back and forth... and definitely left a "somethings wrong" feeling in my gut. I definitely didn't feel comfortable even going to 80mph. If left alone it would cause premature wear on the wheel bearings and tires.

I first questioned the balance of the wheel and had them rebalanced and installed carefully with the proper torque spec. It was slightly (very slightly) better but the vibration was still there. What happens is the the wheel centers on the lugs and as little as .7 off will cause the wheels not to center correctly. There is no way to get them perfectly centered like this... You can get them close... but not perfect. Especially with a car that rides as smooth as the CTS, you will notice this.

By installing a hubcentric adapter, the wheel centers on the hub and not the lug nuts. It's a spacer that fits perfectly between the outside of the wheel hub and the inside of the wheel. Since installing this... I've had not problems, even at 70++mph.

This is an acceptable way to make this work, but 115 does not equal 114.3.

Overall, it's much better in the long run to get 115mm wheels, but they are much harder to come by. WHY GM continues to use this standard I don't understand, but...

That small of a difference will be a big difference when the wheel is spinning 20 times per second. Even 115mm wheels will shake if torqued down wrong.

Only SOME are interchangeable to begin with, but I wouldn't use the word *interchangable* - the 114.3 wheels are not manufactured to fit 115mm, period. They are *made* to work with the use of hubcentric rings. These hubcentric rings do not actually carry any weight or force, they simply make sure the wheel is mounted up on the hub center, so when you torque the rims down, it stays center. Of course, many people have had success without hub centric rings, but what if you take your car into the dealer and they have to remove a wheel? Don't you want to be SURE they are centered? Do you want some tech throwing your wheel on and torquing it down wrong? The hubcentric ring helps prevent this.

But keep in mind that some, only some, 114.3 rims just never work right on 115mm hubs, no matter what. But usually the manufacturer will indicate this *strongly* - rarely do they say their 114.3 wheel will fit a 115mm hub (for liability reasons), but they normally will tell you if it DOESN'T...

jsw029 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Uh, Houston, we have a problem.

I just purchased 18" Gianelle 10-Flush rims with 5x114.3 bolt pattern and 30mm offset for my '04 CTS. They are coming with hub-centric rings but now I'm concerned about the ride quality.

Any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by jsw029
    Uh, Houston, we have a problem.

I just purchased 18" Gianelle 10-Flush rims with 5x114.3 bolt pattern and 30mm offset for my '04 CTS. They are coming with hub-centric rings but now I'm concerned about the ride quality.

Any opinions?
    How wide of a rim? What tire size?

I'd be more concerned with the 30mm offset! - if they are wider than 7.5", they WILL stick out of the wheel well in the front and probably rub...40mm (or around thereabouts) is the appropriate offset. 30mm is a very aggressive offset for the CTS.

S10xGN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

Amen! <LOL> You are not alone... And don't even get me started on those cheesy plastic ********** rings!

Quote Originally Posted by S10xGN
    Amen! <LOL> You are not alone... And don't even get me started on those cheesy plastic ********** rings!
    Oh, no, here we go again... ...Seriously, I do completely respect your opinion, but I still say your own experience doesn't overrule the majority opinion on hubcentric rings - especially when the opinion comes from actual users, not the manufacturers of the rings. I drive 75mph in a 60mph zone every morning and have never got a ticket, so everyone should since they won't get a ticket either .

jsw029 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Miscreant,

The rims are 18x8.5 with an offset of +35 (not +30 as mentioned before).
    The tires are Goodyear Eagle F1s size 245/40R18.

Naturally, my salesperson said they would fit just fine (although, he said the front tires may hang out past the wheel well an 1/8").

What do you think?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.