What do you think of the new Lincoln LS vs CTS commercial?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, What do you think of the new Lincoln LS vs CTS commercial? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I just heard it behind me so I haven't seen it yet.. They mentioned more interior room, more horsepower... Maybe ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

What do you think of the new Lincoln LS vs CTS commercial?

I just heard it behind me so I haven't seen it yet.. They mentioned more interior room, more horsepower... Maybe Cadillac should recreate the commercial with CTS-V vs LS...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Re: What do you think of the new Lincoln LS vs CTS commercial?

The V8 LS may have more horsepower, but the 3.6L is still faster in the 1/4 mile. Sad.

Is that true?! Why would Lincoln open up such a can of worms?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Z06CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

They do have a supercharged 430 HP racing LS: http://www.llsoc.com/V2R1/OLOA/default.asp. It's still a ford. Just remember the Cobra nightmare of a few years ago. Where the owners were sueing because of lower HP claims.

Joe

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Z06CTSV
    They do have a supercharged 430 HP racing LS: http://www.llsoc.com/V2R1/OLOA/default.asp. It's still a ford. Just remember the Cobra nightmare of a few years ago. Where the owners were sueing because of lower HP claims.

Joe
    Yea, but the '03 Cobra also makes 448hp (dyno proven) instead of the advertised 390... Ford's back on track.

That's aftermarket though. I'm sure there's going to be a super-fast CTS-V as well.. What I'm talking here is out of the showroom.. Why would Lincoln open-up a can of worms like that when, in stock form, their car is slower? They talk about how their LS is more powerful...

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Declining sales and loss of market share will force a car company to make some very poor marketing decisions. I would label this as such. Lincoln and Mercury will go the way of Oldsmobile. It's no longer an IF but a WHEN.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33
    Declining sales and loss of market share will force a car company to make some very poor marketing decisions. I would label this as such. Lincoln and Mercury will go the way of Oldsmobile. It's no longer an IF but a WHEN.
    Maybe, maybe not. Ford doesn't have the over-abundance of domestic brands like GM did and still does. However, Ford's purchase of Volvo and Jaguar has provided an interesting opportunity. I've noticed that a number of LM dealers are now also building Volvo or Jag dealerships. So, maybe if Mercury goes the way of Olds, Ford and the LM dealers will have other options.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

hmm, i'm interested in seeing this commercial. I don't even think the two are comparable (which I believe we've discussed before). Motor Trend pits the LS up against the Infiniti M45. Car and Driver calls the LS a "magnificent not-quite" which pins it up against the A6, BMW 5, GS300, Mercedes E Class, M45, and Jag S-type. Excluding the CTS-V, all these rides offer a V8 (most come with a standard V6), are typically a little larger than the CTS, and fall in the mid $40k price range. The CTS is a magnificent something else...it's large for a small car, it's in the mid $30k range, and it doesn't offer a V8 (again, remember, the V is a horse of a different color and is even less comparable to the so called magnificent not-quites). In fact, the CTS is sorta in a class of it's own. It's between a BMW 3 and 5, A4 and A6, ES300 and GS300, C and E Class, I35 and M45. The point being, the LS should not be compared to the CTS let alone the LS V8! It's like comparing a Ford Ranger 4cyl to a Dakota V8. Pick on someone your own size, Ford!

tzoid is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well Chuck, I'm with you most of the way, although not completely. I did look at the LS and, IMO, it's just not as nice as a CTS (not the V, just a normal, base model CTS). The LS is just not as nicely finished or as nice a ride. As far as the drag strip, so what? Some, or most, of us have a toy, likely a fast toy, that will dust a V8 LS or V or most other street type sedans. The SC Mustang would be an example, Z06 another. The CTS is a classy, economical (very much so, my 3.6L gets 26+mpg on the highway, above 70mph, on regular fuel) and rides and handles (albeit on American roads) very similar to the German sedans, e.g. Audi, BMW and M/B. Now some might disagree, but remember, alot of CTS buyers are not going to ralley the cars or street race them. Most are daily drivers, business and pleasure use, driven on American highways close to the posted speed limits and are purchased because they like the design and build quality. Again, my $.02, but I think it's alot of car for the money and I've received a whole bunch of compliments on the look and design of the vehicle. All of the American Big 3 make some nice cars, none are absolute crap, but the CTS is really a very nice for under $35K.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Z06CTSV
    Joe

That 430hp LS is a one off tuner car. You might as well compare it to our CTS-V GT racer.

The LS also has already dropped out of the One Lap of America competition, because their engine blew up. Before it dropped, the CTS-Vs in the competition outlapped it on the first track course of the series.

One Lap thread and results:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...4&page=1&pp=20

Skuuter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am not a Ford guy, haven't been since 1974 when my brother owned a Maverick. But, while I was shopping all the entry lux cars (S60, A4, G35, TL, 330i) I figured I'd give the LS a test drive.

While I've always found the exterior somewhat classy and attractive, I was completely put off by the interior and overall feel of the car. Too much old folk essence inside, for me. I was surprised by all the feedback from the road I got from the gas pedal and the steering wheel. I like road feel, but this was more than I expected, or wanted, in a luxury sport sedan. The CTS handles, rides and just simply feels more like a driver's car to me. On top of that the V8 didn't seem as vigorous as the new 3.6 either.

I'm 47 and the CTS is my first Cadillac. The LS turned me off as dated and soft. I don't think it can compete with the CTS, in most regards.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33
    Uhh no. Maybe this was the case when that idiot Jaques Nasser was at the helm of Ford, and MAYBE Mercury is still gonna die, but let me tell ya, since Bill Ford took the reigns back, Lincolns here to stay. I really dont even know why anyone would think Ford would kill its main luxury brand anyway, thats like conceding defeat, it would be too much of a corporate pride issue. Oldsmobile on the other hand was due for death.

With the all new sumptuous interiors, decent powerplants (this is where more work is needed), and solid platforms, Lincoln has caught my eye recently (that takes doing), and while I would definitely take a CTS-V over an LS, I would NOT take a V6 CTS over a V8 LS. The LS is slightly ahead of the CTS in terms of technology overall as well. Worlds first THX sound system in a car, Heated and COOLED seats, and a pretty rigid chassis that it shares with the Jaguar S Type (whom lest we forget handles 390HP with relative ease in its supercharged R version).

The LS was OK when it first appeared, now its GOOD, and its only gonna get better.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv
    Maybe, maybe not. Ford doesn't have the over-abundance of domestic brands like GM did and still does.
    This may be true, but it's only part of the problems at Ford right now. The major problem lies in Ford of Europe. They lost something like 8 billion last year alone over there. The reason IMO, is that the small Focus-sized cars they offer in Europe cost almost as much as a larger Saab or similar. So who is going to buy a Ford there when they can have a bigger, more luxurious car for a comparable price. Ford NEEDS to offer more serlection in Europe, like a more larger selection of various classes of cars there. They have to compete fairly.

This article mentions no loss of selection in NA, but Ford trucks are saving them big time here. I've heard nothing yet about Lincoln going the way of the dinosaur.

Only time will tell if Bill can turn things around, but IMO, he'd better get cracking over the pond!

http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=173&n=156

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

In Canada the Mercury was phased out about 3-4 years ago.
    Have to agree with CR5v
    "Maybe, maybe not. Ford doesn't have the over-abundance of domestic brands like GM did and still does. However, Ford's purchase of Volvo and Jaguar has provided an interesting opportunity. I've noticed that a number of LM dealers are now also building Volvo or Jag dealerships. So, maybe if Mercury goes the way of Olds, Ford and the LM dealers will have other options."
    You can also throw Madza into the mix.
    Maybe you see Ford as trucks , SUV and Van.
    With Jag Volvo and Mazda for cars
    Just a thought

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.