What do you think of the new Lincoln LS vs CTS commercial? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, What do you think of the new Lincoln LS vs CTS commercial? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by airbalancer In Canada the Mercury was phased out about 3-4 years ago. Have to agree with CR5v ...
    Jon
    Jon is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Re: What do you think of the new Lincoln LS vs CTS commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by airbalancer
    In Canada the Mercury was phased out about 3-4 years ago.
    Have to agree with CR5v
    "Maybe, maybe not. Ford doesn't have the over-abundance of domestic brands like GM did and still does. However, Ford's purchase of Volvo and Jaguar has provided an interesting opportunity. I've noticed that a number of LM dealers are now also building Volvo or Jag dealerships. So, maybe if Mercury goes the way of Olds, Ford and the LM dealers will have other options."
    You can also throw Madza into the mix.
    Maybe you see Ford as trucks , SUV and Van.
    With Jag Volvo and Mazda for cars
    Just a thought
    We still have hte Grand Marquis and Marauder

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Mercury is alive and well in Western Canada. Maybe he meant the Crown Vics. For some reason you can't buy a new one here anymore, but there are plenty of used ones.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    But if those are the best examples that Mercury has, it does have one foot in the grave...

It's best car, the Marauder, would have been great 10 years ago, but now it is obviously dated in styling and performance.

buckstar is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skuuter

I was surprised by all the feedback from the road I got from the gas pedal and the steering wheel. I like road feel, but this was more than I expected, or wanted, in a luxury sport sedan. The CTS handles, rides and just simply feels more like a driver's car to me. On top of that the V8 didn't seem as vigorous as the new 3.6 either.

I'm 47 and the CTS is my first Cadillac. The LS turned me off as dated and soft. I don't think it can compete with the CTS, in most regards.
    Curious...how is a "driver's car" not connected to the road? You don't like the LS because it has too much road feel (don't like BMW's either?) yet call it soft. Seems to me if you are in a "driver's car" you want to know what the car is doing in relation to the road.

Get a Deville and you can be completely free of road feel.

Now the CTS-V, that is a Driver's Car!

Skuuter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by buckstar
    Curious...how is a "driver's car" not connected to the road? You don't like the LS because it has too much road feel (don't like BMW's either?) yet call it soft. Seems to me if you are in a "driver's car" you want to know what the car is doing in relation to the road.

Get a Deville and you can be completely free of road feel.

Now the CTS-V, that is a Driver's Car!
    Buckstar,

To be clear, I want road feel. But the LS occasionally gave some feedback I didn't like, similar to what I'd expect on a go cart. Very unrefined, IMO. And the vibrations through the gas pedal seemed related to the road surface. NOT where I expect feedback!

Otherwise, The LS had pretty good handling. My "soft" comment was more about the seats and what I thought was excessive body lean on hard turns.

BlueMalibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 Sport, 6-Speed

I had an V8 Sport LS just before my CTS. The main reason I switched was that there is no manual trans available for the LS. The LS was very capable. Handling was great. Braking was too. However, it didn't feel that way. The steering was numb and the brakes felt like mush. The CTS is better on these but not as good as my old BMW 3 series.

When I pushed the LS hard it would respond and I would think "Wow, this thing can go." The car is capable but did not exude confidence.

The LS is also 200lbs heavier than a CTS which certainly makes a big difference.

A fully loaded V8 LS approaches CTS-V pricing and we all know that there is no contest there - anyone interested in performance would buy the V.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.