Cadillac Owners Forum banner

so the stealership .... my paint

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  07ctsblack 
#1 ·
went in on friday for a oil change and i figured since im putting it away for the winter they might as well wash it, well i will never let them wash it again, i dont think they even soaped the car looks like they just grabbed a rag and started wiping away you can see every single mark and swirl they made with the rag, the BLACK paint is surface scratched!! as soon as i saw it i asked them what they wash cars with sand paper? so they agreed to polish it they said its gonna take 4 hours but what BS the car is 6 months old and i baby my paint and they just go and kill it:nono: not impressed

#2 ·
Re: so the stealership F'ed my paint

i never let anyone else do my car besides me. I just dont trust people out there. Sorry to hear man =( Damn I hate dealerships!!!

#3 ·
Re: so the stealership F'ed my paint

Everytime I pick my car up I comment to my self how dirty and dusty it gets while at the dealership....in fact last time it was extra dirty..but I was still glad they never touch my car to wash it. I think most of you guys in the USA have stand alone Cadillac stores while we here in Canada have them attached to either a Chev or Pontaic Buick GMC operation.
Thank god they treat me the same as the guy driving an Aveo....LOL....he doesn't get his car washed either.:banghead:
Are you sure you trust them now to polish your car.........I know I wouldn't let them near the thing. Take it to a shop you trust to have the paint restored and take the dealership the bill.:stirpot:
It really is a shame that they screwed your finish.....hope you get it sorted.

Good Luck

#5 ·
well im pretty sure its a different crew detailers and guys who wash cars, but either way if they dont get it write tommorw ill take it to another shop. and yea you might be right about the stand alone stores, in canada at least where im from the Cadillac dealers are chev, buick, and Cadillac dealers.

#7 ·
What should you do to get rid of the swirl marks?

Nothing.

Wash and dry the car and return it to the dealership and have them make it right.

You didn't put the swirl marks in the clear coat so why should you spend several hours of labor and materials trying to restore the dealerships error?

I would have them remove the swirl marks and if they cannot do it; take it to a professional detail shop and have the dealership foot the bill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.