Any love for the 3.6l cts? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Any love for the 3.6l cts? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Any CTS? Well, maybe any stock CTS... Here's one that comes to mind that runs by Vipers like they're sitting ...
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Re: Any love for the 3.6l cts?

Any CTS?
    Well, maybe any stock CTS...

Here's one that comes to mind that runs by Vipers like they're sitting still:

...and if the heavily modded V racer doesn't do it, we can always direct them to Lund's 1100hp 3.2L :
    http://www.lklserver.com/cts/index.htm

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/in...4925entry24925

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by tzoid
    Cal is only kidding with his "...dusting Vipers" comment. Don't even think of running against a Viper with any CTS, V or otherwise, unless you enjoy wasting gas and love having your butt kicked. You'll be lucky if you can see the license plate as it flys past. Trust me, scarey fast..........
    I don't think you meant to include this 1100hp CTS in the "ANY" comparison either.
    http://www.lundcadillac.com/Accessories3.cfm#

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by tzoid
    Cal is only kidding with his "...dusting Vipers" comment. Don't even think of running against a Viper with any CTS, V or otherwise, unless you enjoy wasting gas and love having your butt kicked. You'll be lucky if you can see the license plate as it flys past. Trust me, scarey fast..........
    i'm not even going to respond to racing viper comment

wratran is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Does any vendor makes headers for the 04 CTS 3.6L?

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    Underdrive pulley is another upgrade that i have on my list.

Here are few basic mods that i would like to get done asap
    Basic intake
    exhaust (i think corsa unit is too flashy for me. especially the quad exhaust tip so i'm going to get another brand that gives modest amount of horsepower gain.)
    headers if i can find a decent one
    underdrive pulley
    eibach springs and lightweight 17"/18"(max) wheels (probably going to go with lightweight bbs wheels) with better rubber
    PCM tuning if anyone can point me to a link for more info and places that tune late model cadillacs,
    Followed by a supercharger (only kit i've found so far is from lund) in a few months.
    HAS ANYONE FOUND ANY LEADS TO "UNDER DRIVE PULLEYS" FOR THE 3.6?

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    you forgot about the picnic table/park bench on the back

i just didn't want to spend any money on something that's going to make my car louder without any power gain
    THAT'S THE DOWNSIDE OF INTAKE AND EXHAUST MODS..IT GET LOUDER. SOMEWHERE ALONG THAT LINE YOU LOSE THE CADILLAC PURPOSE OF REFINEMENT. SUPERCHARGERS ARE "COOL". VERY LITTLE NOISE BUT VERY EXPEN$IVE! I INSTALLED A K&N AIRCHARGER DIDN'T LIKE IT. REPLACED IT WITH A FRAM AIRHOG. MUCH NICER. I'M GONNA LEAVE THE EXHAUST ALONE FOR NOW. THAT'S ABOUT $1000. I DON'T WANT MY CTS TO SOUND LIKE A 57 FORD PICK-UP WITH SMITTY STEEL PACKS(Anybody remember those?)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.