Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I'm considering buying a brushed aluminum dash kit. I think the center console would look great with it. The kit ...
  1. #1
    greyghost04's Avatar
    greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,229

    Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    I'm considering buying a brushed aluminum dash kit. I think the center console would look great with it. The kit is only $130 for 22 piece kit. Has anyone done this yet and can give us a report on quality, fit and finish?
    Thanks.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    gothicaleigh's Avatar
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    MyWorldIsEvil, ButAmericanMade
    Posts
    6,654

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    Do you have a link to some pics of what it includes/ looks like installed?
    I was thinking of doing something similar to mine...

  4. #3
    Mbai2's Avatar
    Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,653

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    I was looking at these earlier. To me, it looks like Sherwood has the best quality trim packages and they also have the stock decals on each part. You can order them at http://www.wooddash.com/category/CADILLAC_Dash_Kits_CTS. I wasn't interested in getting the whole center stack "aluminized" so I haven't ordered it yet. I just wanted some accents on the A/C vents, door handles, steering wheel and MAYBE the shifter surround. If you were just interested in the center console/stack pieces, maybe we could split the cost of a full kit and split the pieces so it would save both of us money for only the pieces that we wanted.

  5. #4
    greyghost04's Avatar
    greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,229
    Thread Starter

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    If you put 'cts dash kits' into Google you will get alot of options to look at. I like this one the best, http://www.dashkitstore.com/details.php?id=925 . Only $127 and you can pick you color from a large list. Once again I think that brushed aluminum would look great in our black interiors. I still wonder about quality long term. Will it look good in a year or two?

  6. #5
    KJTROT's Avatar
    KJTROT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    27

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    I have the brushed aluminum kit in my "V". The kit came from B I Trim. They manufacture the kits and sell to exotic wood trim also. you can see some of the photos on their website but they only have the factory wood to see. The brushed aluminum should last since it is metal and not synthetic. The prices that I got for my kit was $313 for the entire kit without the door panels. I would try to get samples from the other companies before I ordered to be sure the match is what you want. One last thing is that they are not as easy to apply as they make it. If you get a piece to far wrong you can crease the metal so you must be careful.
    Attached Images

  7. #6
    gothicaleigh's Avatar
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    MyWorldIsEvil, ButAmericanMade
    Posts
    6,654

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    I was thinking of doing the center stack and perhaps the console kind of like what is seen in KJ's pics, but I was hoping to find a company eventually that makes the actual parts in brushed aluminum. I'm not a big fan of the stick on panels. I would be willing to pay for someone to machine me a few pieces out of aluminum to get the professional look I want though and may be the route I will take if I don't come across an aftermarket I like in the near future...

  8. #7
    talalhz's Avatar
    talalhz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    86

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    Looks great, but I think carbon-fiber might look better. But again that is my taste

  9. #8
    BLT
    BLT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    60

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    I was thinking of doing the center stack and perhaps the console kind of like what is seen in KJ's pics, but I was hoping to find a company eventually that makes the actual parts in brushed aluminum. I'm not a big fan of the stick on panels. I would be willing to pay for someone to machine me a few pieces out of aluminum to get the professional look I want though and may be the route I will take if I don't come across an aftermarket I like in the near future...
    We offer a service that can give OEM parts a 3 dimensional finish and hydrographically coat the part so that it appears to be made of brushed aluminum, wood, carbon fiber, etc. The OEM parts then appear to have come from the factory in the chosen finish and the fit is perfect since you are using OEM parts. These photos will give you an idea of the way the parts appear after finishing to a customer specification.

    Please call me with any questions or for further information.



  10. #9
    greyghost04's Avatar
    greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,229
    Thread Starter

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    Would you post some more interior pictures of this upgrade. They look great.

  11. #10
    BLT
    BLT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    60

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    Instead of posting photos in the forum, the link below will take you to a gallery of hydrographic finishing photos. Additionally, on my website, there is processing information and more photos.
    http://BENT.smugmug.com/gallery/57521/2/2429187

    Please let me know if you have questions or would like more information.

  12. #11
    Brett's Avatar
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tampa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,965

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    WOW KJ, im not usually a fan of the aluminum look, but that kit looks great imo

  13. #12
    S10xGN's Avatar
    S10xGN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Port Neches, TX
    Age
    61
    Posts
    144

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    Please let me know if you have questions or would like more information.
    BLT,

    Curious about this finishing technique - I ASSume the customer need to send the trim pieces in? And how "clean" do the pieces need to be as far as surface finish? IE, can you change a surface from textured to smooth?

    TIA!

  14. #13
    RobertCTS's Avatar
    RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    22,418

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    Quote Originally Posted by Mbai2
    I was looking at these earlier. To me, it looks like Sherwood has the best quality trim packages and they also have the stock decals on each part. You can order them at http://www.wooddash.com/category/CADILLAC_Dash_Kits_CTS. I wasn't interested in getting the whole center stack "aluminized" so I haven't ordered it yet. I just wanted some accents on the A/C vents, door handles, steering wheel and MAYBE the shifter surround. If you were just interested in the center console/stack pieces, maybe we could split the cost of a full kit and split the pieces so it would save both of us money for only the pieces that we wanted.
    THE DOWN SIDE OF SPLITTING A PACKAGE WITH SOMEONE IS I BET THEY BOTH WANT THE SAME PARTS

  15. #14
    BLT
    BLT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    60

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    HI S10xGN

    Normally, the parts are sent for finishing by the customer. I have a few core parts, some CTS, H2, F150 99-03, etc.

    The process includes removing the texture on the part by beading, sanding, etc. Once the part is smoothed out it is ready for a base coat of color which is determined by the desired end result. After the color is completed, the part is ready for the pattern to be applied, followed by automotive clear and polishing. You wind up with a part that is ready to reinstall that looks as if the factory furnished it that way.

  16. #15
    RobertCTS's Avatar
    RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    22,418

    Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

    Quote Originally Posted by BLT
    HI S10xGN

    Normally, the parts are sent for finishing by the customer. I have a few core parts, some CTS, H2, F150 99-03, etc.

    The process includes removing the texture on the part by beading, sanding, etc. Once the part is smoothed out it is ready for a base coat of color which is determined by the desired end result. After the color is completed, the part is ready for the pattern to be applied, followed by automotive clear and polishing. You wind up with a part that is ready to reinstall that looks as if the factory furnished it that way.
    Wouldn't this put your car out of commission while you're waiting for parts and the installation time. I would think removing the dash components would be a major task.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting