Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I'm considering buying a brushed aluminum dash kit. I think the center console would look great with it. The kit ...
    greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

I'm considering buying a brushed aluminum dash kit. I think the center console would look great with it. The kit is only $130 for 22 piece kit. Has anyone done this yet and can give us a report on quality, fit and finish?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Re: Brushed Aluminum Dash Kits

Do you have a link to some pics of what it includes/ looks like installed?
    I was thinking of doing something similar to mine...

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

I was looking at these earlier. To me, it looks like Sherwood has the best quality trim packages and they also have the stock decals on each part. You can order them at http://www.wooddash.com/category/CADILLAC_Dash_Kits_CTS. I wasn't interested in getting the whole center stack "aluminized" so I haven't ordered it yet. I just wanted some accents on the A/C vents, door handles, steering wheel and MAYBE the shifter surround. If you were just interested in the center console/stack pieces, maybe we could split the cost of a full kit and split the pieces so it would save both of us money for only the pieces that we wanted.

If you put 'cts dash kits' into Google you will get alot of options to look at. I like this one the best, http://www.dashkitstore.com/details.php?id=925 . Only $127 and you can pick you color from a large list. Once again I think that brushed aluminum would look great in our black interiors. I still wonder about quality long term. Will it look good in a year or two?

KJTROT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the brushed aluminum kit in my "V". The kit came from B I Trim. They manufacture the kits and sell to exotic wood trim also. you can see some of the photos on their website but they only have the factory wood to see. The brushed aluminum should last since it is metal and not synthetic. The prices that I got for my kit was $313 for the entire kit without the door panels. I would try to get samples from the other companies before I ordered to be sure the match is what you want. One last thing is that they are not as easy to apply as they make it. If you get a piece to far wrong you can crease the metal so you must be careful.
    Attached Images

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

I was thinking of doing the center stack and perhaps the console kind of like what is seen in KJ's pics, but I was hoping to find a company eventually that makes the actual parts in brushed aluminum. I'm not a big fan of the stick on panels. I would be willing to pay for someone to machine me a few pieces out of aluminum to get the professional look I want though and may be the route I will take if I don't come across an aftermarket I like in the near future...

talalhz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Looks great, but I think carbon-fiber might look better. But again that is my taste

BLT
    BLT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    I was thinking of doing the center stack and perhaps the console kind of like what is seen in KJ's pics, but I was hoping to find a company eventually that makes the actual parts in brushed aluminum. I'm not a big fan of the stick on panels. I would be willing to pay for someone to machine me a few pieces out of aluminum to get the professional look I want though and may be the route I will take if I don't come across an aftermarket I like in the near future...
    We offer a service that can give OEM parts a 3 dimensional finish and hydrographically coat the part so that it appears to be made of brushed aluminum, wood, carbon fiber, etc. The OEM parts then appear to have come from the factory in the chosen finish and the fit is perfect since you are using OEM parts. These photos will give you an idea of the way the parts appear after finishing to a customer specification.

Please call me with any questions or for further information.

Would you post some more interior pictures of this upgrade. They look great.

BLT

Instead of posting photos in the forum, the link below will take you to a gallery of hydrographic finishing photos. Additionally, on my website, there is processing information and more photos.
    http://BENT.smugmug.com/gallery/57521/2/2429187

Please let me know if you have questions or would like more information.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

WOW KJ, im not usually a fan of the aluminum look, but that kit looks great imo

S10xGN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

Please let me know if you have questions or would like more information.
    BLT,

Curious about this finishing technique - I ASSume the customer need to send the trim pieces in? And how "clean" do the pieces need to be as far as surface finish? IE, can you change a surface from textured to smooth?

TIA!

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Mbai2
    I was looking at these earlier. To me, it looks like Sherwood has the best quality trim packages and they also have the stock decals on each part. You can order them at http://www.wooddash.com/category/CADILLAC_Dash_Kits_CTS. I wasn't interested in getting the whole center stack "aluminized" so I haven't ordered it yet. I just wanted some accents on the A/C vents, door handles, steering wheel and MAYBE the shifter surround. If you were just interested in the center console/stack pieces, maybe we could split the cost of a full kit and split the pieces so it would save both of us money for only the pieces that we wanted.
    THE DOWN SIDE OF SPLITTING A PACKAGE WITH SOMEONE IS I BET THEY BOTH WANT THE SAME PARTS

BLT

HI S10xGN

Normally, the parts are sent for finishing by the customer. I have a few core parts, some CTS, H2, F150 99-03, etc.

The process includes removing the texture on the part by beading, sanding, etc. Once the part is smoothed out it is ready for a base coat of color which is determined by the desired end result. After the color is completed, the part is ready for the pattern to be applied, followed by automotive clear and polishing. You wind up with a part that is ready to reinstall that looks as if the factory furnished it that way.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by BLT
    HI S10xGN

Normally, the parts are sent for finishing by the customer. I have a few core parts, some CTS, H2, F150 99-03, etc.

The process includes removing the texture on the part by beading, sanding, etc. Once the part is smoothed out it is ready for a base coat of color which is determined by the desired end result. After the color is completed, the part is ready for the pattern to be applied, followed by automotive clear and polishing. You wind up with a part that is ready to reinstall that looks as if the factory furnished it that way.
    Wouldn't this put your car out of commission while you're waiting for parts and the installation time. I would think removing the dash components would be a major task.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.