Cadillac Owners Forum banner
527K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#2,730 ·
Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

Mike, I'm hoping to have that shipped out to ya next week. I'm a bit tied up until then, especially with Labor day coming up. BBQing it up out here.

Anyone wanna hazard a guess at the engine and name any mods you see on this?

#2,731 ·

Mike, I'm hoping to have that shipped out to ya next week. I'm a bit tied up until then, especially with Labor day coming up. BBQing it up out here.

Anyone wanna hazard a guess at the engine and name any mods you see on this?
its a V8 and it has chrome on it ...am i right? lol

no prob..just let me know when they are shipped out so i can start bugging my new mail woman...shes blond :)

man i really need a better seat on my bike...just went out for a few min ride to try to get a key copied (no 1 stocks harley keys by the way...) and i think i bruised my tailbone on my ride earlier today lol

#2,735 ·

is it just me or does that car not have a battery?
how the hell is the ecu, tcm and abs and stability systems suppose to work?

#2,736 ·

@dinner-
mom: i was at work today and saw a fordss townssss car or it had that shape to it
me: Lincoln town car
mom: fordey towns car it was a taxi i think
me: Lincoln town car
mom: it was a fordsy ford fordsy towney townsss car
me : Lincoln town car
mom : fordsy townsey towns car, it must have been a taxi
me: im leaving...
mom : ya it was a fordy towns car (all excited)
me:......:duh:

btw...she drives a ford.. she should know its FORD and not fordsy fordy and whatever else she said lol
at least she recognizes a ford/ Lincoln

#2,739 ·

Middle is ABS if you pump it. Right is both traction control and stability.
ok but then what regulates the fuel pressure that comes out of the direct port injectors?
dont tell me the right peddle does that too?

#2,741 ·

someone invent me a motorcycle jacket that has a heater and a/c built into it.
this morning riding into work i almost went in a t-shirt, looked at the temp out and threw on a mesh jacket with a liner. my legs were cold, body was ok.
coming home, i left the liner at work and just threw on the mesh with armor, left my bag, actually left everything except wallet and keys...i was sweating like crazy.
all this technology and no jacket with heat and cool...come on!

#2,743 ·

hit a few traffic lights, but i was doing 75-85km/hr most the ride home.
it was 16c (60F) out this morning and its 29 (85F) out now...

#2,748 ·

as long as they are even u are good!

man i really want a sport bike.... trying to decide if he 2012 ninja 650 sport touring will satisfy what i want or if i have to go wit a R6 or other ss

#2,749 ·

Yeah, no major derivations or anything. Engines in stout condition. Threw in some new NGKs, new diff bushing and block... fixed an axle seal... changed out shifter linkage and some more bushings... In the mix of that, Reverse sensor crapped out. Need to order one now. RIPPY!!! LOL

The new diff bushing and block are a godsend... not really for any hard launches, etc... but the drivetrain clunk these Vs are notorious for. Its basically 90% eliminated. It felt so good driving it and shifting up at lower RPMs with no clunk.

#2,755 ·
I just read a review, and no surprise, they picked the kawi as the best handling hyperbike. Kawi has always had the best chassis, but I was surprised to read that the ZX14 is very easy to control.
I was being serious lol it has power control settings which allow you to limit how much power you can get. I have a friend with a 08 and he's a beast at riding that thing. They are fast when need to be and comfy for long trips. You stretch in then ya drag strip only pretty much but stock wheel base and you can carve up the back roads with the best of em if ya have the skill. Even if you don't you can catch up in the straights :D

#2,762 ·

dont really like those.

#2,765 ·

Touring bikes are the best balance of sport/cruising. I started with a Ninja 500, and as I got more comfortable leaning, and the pegs started scraping the ground, I moved up to a ZX-6R. I was going to then move up to a ZX-6RR, but I decided I had gotten too comfortable and wasn't afraid anymore. Haven't owned a bike since.

#2,766 ·

Touring bikes are the best balance of sport/cruising. I started with a Ninja 500, and as I got more comfortable leaning, and the pegs started scraping the ground, I moved up to a ZX-6R. I was going to then move up to a ZX-6RR, but I decided I had gotten too comfortable and wasn't afraid anymore. Haven't owned a bike since.

When i got to that point, i did some trackdays at the local race track. Ive heard people say that before, mostly they are the ones that went down pretty hard and werent wearing anything but a pair of gloves and a non dot approved lid. Not saying thats what happened to you, just my past experiences.

Whats the difference between the zx6r and zx6rr? Not everyone likes a touring bike. They are heavy, usually a larger cc engine and ugly, (imo). Only touring/ sport bike thats worth its weight in cost is a ducati street fighter, triumph speed triple, kawasaki z1000 or a honda cb1000r.

#2,767 ·

ive heard a lot of guys say they sold their 1000cc supersports because they almost got killed a lot of times buy also had too much confidence on the bike.

#2,780 ·

ive heard a lot of guys say they sold their 1000cc supersports because they almost got killed a lot of times buy also had too much confidence on the bike.
Everyone always says that about 1000cc's sport bikes. Its simply because they have no idea what they are doing when they get that big of a bike to start on. It really has nothing to do with the bike, its the rider. Example, guns dont shoot themselves. Its an ego thing... 1000cc bike of any kind, is not for a amateur rider.

That V can't put that much power on the ground. It's a waste. It would be lucky to see low 10s.

A 600cc with $200 worth of straps and sprocket (and a very brave rider) will break 10.
My 600rr bone stock ran low 10's. Skill not bravery is what got me down the track.

I never went down. Had a couple close calls that didn't scare me so I hung em up. I just don't have the time or money or skill for track days.
You dont understand the point of doing track days. It helps you build your skill, no skill is required to start doing track days. You learn more in one TD then you do an entire year of riding.

I know of 600's with more HP than my 9.
EFI makes a hell of a difference.

A 600 with a power commander, exhaust and gearing can be ridiculous.

Power to weight ratio is the name of the game.
Dude, you DO NOT get that much power from bolt on external mods. The most power i have seen in a 600 is about 132 and thats a supersport race bike, (not street legal). average hp for a 600 is 95-113. With suzuki taking the lead for a long time. Now kawasaki has blown the doors off the competition as far as power goes. I had an hrc race kit in my 600rr that cost me 3k. My bike stock had 97 hp, after the kit was installed it dynoed at 121 rwhp. thats 3000 in internal upgrades and another 2000 in exhaust, reducing rotational mass, (marchseni rims) and a complete bazzaz engine management system.

#2,769 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.