Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#1,490 ·
I don't get the whole argument about badging a reg cts with V emblems. I also laugh at the "personal preference" suggestion. It might be, but it's still not a valid explanation for being a poser.

If you do it, you're a poser, period. There's nothing honorable or tributary about it, you're a poser and only fooling yourself. The V emblems don't represent superiority over a regular cts, I assure you no V1 owner has that mentality (well, they shouldn't anyway). The badges represent the model of the car. Put them on any other model, poser. There's no grey area here.

If I had a regular cts, I'd rock it and be proud. If you want to put V body panels, grills, etc on it and customize, great. Most of them look really good...but putting V badges on it takes away all the credibility of what you just achieved visually. Not sure why people don't understand that. Then again, trying to explain that to the person who did it is futile because clearly they have convinced themselves otherwise.

#1,504 ·
Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

LOL So whenever you gentlemen decide, lets keep it more on topic. Bout to bump up that random post thread in a few from the looks of things. lol
If you are looking for something to do, move all the bantering out of this thread into the random bantering thread, then sticky them both. Good practice for ya :thumbsup: You can mass move posts by using the check box in the upper right corner of each post, then select move posts from the moderation tools drop down menu. I have been meaning to do it, but never seem to get around to it.

#1,511 ·
re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

oh no, another damn sticky...i was hoping we would lose the other one and keep the DIY sticky...instead we add two more, damn i hope this section of the forums dont continue this
LOL I'm only keeping them sticky for a few days, and then i'm dropping 3 of the stickies. The 2 I put up, and the Meet thread.

#1,510 ·

AWESOME

#1,517 ·

my fingers are sticky.

wait, wut?
LOL

Rolls, I get where you are coming from. I'll see whats up. It just seems the random bantering happens in a thread because someone'll mention something that'll trigger someone else to remember something, and then randomness for like 10 pages. LOL It happens.

The pic thread, I can see leaving as a sticky.

Meh, We'll see.
Hopefully I can sort some of the nonsense out of the Pic thread.

#1,518 ·

I would leave both of these pinned, but it's up to you OD.

BTW, first gen CTS FTMFW!

It seems like every other subforum has more than its share of German car shilling. You guys, more than any other cadillac owners, have love and respect for your cars. I get so tired of hearing from 2nd gen owners about BMW, and Lexus ad nauseum.

you guys rock :thumbsup:

I never should have sold my pairocts

#1,523 ·

It seems like every other subforum has more than its share of German car shilling. You guys, more than any other cadillac owners, have love and respect for your cars. I get so tired of hearing from 2nd gen owners about BMW, and Lexus ad nauseum.
Maybe the first generation CTS is more loveable than the other models. You can be a loyal American and still have a sports sedan to envy.

#1,519 ·

OD i saw chrysler has a sale on the 2011 Grand Caravan with leather. it even has the seats that spin around so 4 passengers face each other and a table pops up.

just thought you would like to know.:stirpot:

#1,520 ·

Stickies are good and very helpful. I think I have belonged to maybe 10 other forums and I always thought this one needed some help in that area. I know we dont have the following that the V section has but it is pretty easy to read. This section has SO much repeated threads. For the longest time I thought I was going to throw up if I saw another thread for 22s. Now it is V8 swaps! OD you can change the world!

#1,522 ·

I think its a matter of being a community. First your talk is on thread, then someone says something related, and then someone else says something related to that and now the thread is off topic. We share a common enthusiasm and it joins us as a community.

With a Bantering thread stickied, when someone realises it, they can just say "This should be in Banter", and the thread can get back on topic and no one is insulted.

Having it stickied eliminates the question "Where is 'Banter ?' " and provides a place for any general talk that breaks out because we enjoy each other's company.

#1,525 ·

The instant i get to sit at my home PC, and not my laptop here at work, I'll trim down a bit from the pic thread. LOL

[edit]
Cleaned a few pages off the Pic thread... specifically the V badge argument. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.