Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Re: ok guys I want a corvette of a v soo......

go with the V.... good luck selling the car
thanks and yes its a toss up for me.... you can makes vett's look so exotic and also be soooo fast and you cant do that with a v but you can have 4 doors and still be awsome with a v but you can find c5's cheaper.....Im not sure yet :confused:

#5 ·

I always wanted a Vette, If i was able to i would of but i needed a every day car for now. So i got the CTS and im very happy i did, the vette will come later on in life for now. So i say if your lucky enough to be able to get a vette i say go for it.

#6 ·

I always wanted a Vette, If i was able to i would of but i needed a every day car for now. So i got the CTS and im very happy i did, the vette will come later on in life for now. So i say if your lucky enough to be able to get a vette i say go for it.
kinda my feeling as well and i love! my car now but i have a jimmy for daily driving so i need more of a toy car :)

#22 ·
Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

oh i've built plenty of cars and could do that to my V if i wanted... but if i own a car i want to drive it... not sit and watch it go pull after pull so its drivable then constantly worry its not tuned well enough ...

thats why i own race cars:p

#24 ·

whoa there testiness... holy crap who spilled yoru milk

yeah i probably couldnt catch him ... no need to ... nothing to prove i was just saying i could completley go though my car new LSx 511 tall deck longblock, TTIx twin turbo kit, meth injection, hanlon motorsports close ratio dogcut gears, madman or traction package rear, dragkit etc

but i don't want to, thats what i have a racecar for .... well now its a kitcar... but yeah you get what i mean

now unsand your cooter and realize its all in fun...

#35 ·

There are two questions to really consider in making your decision:

1. Do you absolutely need 4 seats or can you get by with the two seats in the C5

2. If you are considering some serious performance modifications that are truly for performance driving rather than "show"; are you prepared to deal with the "self-grenading" rear end of the current CTSV with no "off the shelf" heavy duty rear carrier available....or would you feel more confident with a readily available "off the shelf" C5 heavy duty and bullet proof rear for the Corvette that can easily deliver 550 to 600 rwhp and torque to the street and is also driveable?

You can build an 800 plus horsepower power mill in either the C5 or CTSV, but you will always be limited to the CTSV's suspect rear end that is only rated for 352 foot pounds or rear wheel torque and there is NO aftemarket heavy duty rear available from anyone for the CTSV that I am aware of.

That is the reason why I ultimately sold my 2005 CTSV in May of 2007 with less than 5000 miles on it.

I'm comfortable with the luxury and performance of my 2004 CTS 3.6 as my daily driver with the appearance and performance modifications that I have made.

But for all out shear performance, reliability, access to readily available performance parts and tuning; I would take a page out of Bob Bondurant's book and purchase the C5.

#38 ·

There are two questions to really consider in making your decision:

1. Do you absolutely need 4 seats or can you get by with the two seats in the C5

2. If you are considering some serious performance modifications that are truly for performance driving rather than "show"; are you prepared to deal with the "self-grenading" rear end of the current CTSV with no "off the shelf" heavy duty rear carrier available....or would you feel more confident with a readily available "off the shelf" C5 heavy duty and bullet proof rear for the Corvette that can easily deliver 550 to 600 rwhp and torque to the street and is also driveable?

You can build an 800 plus horsepower power mill in either the C5 or CTSV, but you will always be limited to the CTSV's suspect rear end that is only rated for 352 foot pounds or rear wheel torque and there is NO aftemarket heavy duty rear available from anyone for the CTSV that I am aware of.

That is the reason why I ultimately sold my 2005 CTSV in May of 2007 with less than 5000 miles on it.

I'm comfortable with the luxury and performance of my 2004 CTS 3.6 as my daily driver with the appearance and performance modifications that I have made.

But for all out shear performance, reliability, access to readily available performance parts and tuning; I would take a page out of Bob Bondurant's book and purchase the C5.
lemme guess you have one to sell him ... lol

the rear is a weak point in the car and is a serious point of contention between the two ...

if i ndidnt need a back seat i'd buy a C5... no questions asked completely different breed of car, a true sports car not a sport sedan

but when you take into account that people blow up rears i mean completely blow up rears rarely, and when they do its usually accompanied by a story, i dropped the clutch from 4 grand and NOTHING

yeah they whine and use more oil than a french chef but hey ... i bought into it and its not that bad

#49 ·

Corvette >* I don't know why you'd want to put big wheels on a Vette. It's a sport car. If you want to put nice wheels, why not upgrade to Z06 wheels? They would look a lot better than any aftermarket wheel. Are you looking to get an already modded Vette? I don't know how much you can afford but 05 C6's are running in the mid 30's these days, the same price as most V's. Although there are exceptions. Or are you wanting a C5Z?

#55 ·

Corvette >* I don't know why you'd want to put big wheels on a Vette. It's a sport car. If you want to put nice wheels, why not upgrade to Z06 wheels? They would look a lot better than any aftermarket wheel. Are you looking to get an already modded Vette? I don't know how much you can afford but 05 C6's are running in the mid 30's these days, the same price as most V's. Although there are exceptions. Or are you wanting a C5Z?
i would love a c6!!!!! but will probebly get a low mile c5 with a targa top preferably black or white and i dont plan on gettin too crazy with hp #s but i was thinkin if i found a modded one for around 28 or a stock one for around 23k it would be perfect :rolleyes:

I've seen as high as 388-392! That LS3 is a bad ass engine, god its killing me! Hopefully next year I get that 08.
Oh god do i want the ls3 :rolleyes::)

#56 ·

i would love a c6!!!!! but will probebly get a low mile c5 with a targa top preferably black or white and i dont plan on gettin too crazy with hp #s but i was thinkin if i found a modded one for around 28 or a stock one for around 23k it would be perfect :rolleyes:

Oh god do i want the ls3 :rolleyes::)
i think you should hold off and look for a speedway white z06

:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.