24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 95
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 253 FirstFirst ... 45 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3794
Like Tree456Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by Kingoftypos It's all about how you word your search... I see both yours and odthetruth's in my ...
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    It's all about how you word your search... I see both yours and odthetruth's in my search. :-)

KOT
    The first 2 photos in that list are former board members,too. The first image is SVB4EVA (sp?), who has one of the best exhuast videos for the CTS...
    The 2nd is Nick**** (sp?)...he was the first on the board to have his 3.6L tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    Whoa, wait a minute... I didn't scroll down at all until just now. I was shocked to see mine not once, but twice. :-)

KOT
    Farthest image to the right on 3rd row...DubbedStealth's CTS...He had last gen Camaro tips (the rectangular tips) integrated into the bumper...loooked good.

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    Would you look at that...

If you search "cts sport package concorso"... LOL @ First Image.
    Lol... Did you make that image, or gind it somewhere? Id consider swapping out my centre console to the earlier models, just so I could install that button.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

looks like the image was of a switch then the white circle was added via mspaint or something... you can see the pixelation

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    The first 2 photos in that list are former board members,too. The first image is SVB4EVA (sp?), who has one of the best exhuast videos for the CTS...
    The 2nd is Nick**** (sp?)...he was the first on the board to have his 3.6L tuned.
    First photo in that pic is my old 03. LOL

Lol... Did you make that image, or gind it somewhere? Id consider swapping out my centre console to the earlier models, just so I could install that button.
    I made it as a sort of Bat Signal for you to come when CTS Sport models are being discussed. I haven't forgotten about your request for the meet either. lol

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    looks like the image was of a switch then the white circle was added via mspaint or something... you can see the pixelation

that's an old joke around these parts

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    First photo in that pic is my old 03. LOL

I made it as a sort of Bat Signal for you to come when CTS Sport models are being discussed. I haven't forgotten about your request for the meet either. lol
    Crap, I knew it was one of yours or his. I guessed wrong. He had photos taken of his next to a wall with some graffiti on it, as well.
    About the meet...very cool! Ill be there in spirit!

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Dead CTS 3.6--Looks like cam timing chain

You've got to have matching numbers in the collector car world, and these cars are going to make it there one day. Its a milestone in Cadillac development.
    The whole post was tongue in cheek anyway.
    That makes no sense whatsoever. Anyone who can tell the differnece between the 2 engines just by looking, is also car-savvy enough to know that theyre the same engine, and that the swap is ok. To everyone who cant tell the difference by looking, its an irrelevant distinction, as theyre the same engine.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

Quote Originally Posted by X Rolls-Royce View Post
    You've got to have matching numbers in the collector car world, and these cars are going to make it there one day. Its a milestone in Cadillac development.
    The whole post was tongue in cheek anyway.

the CTS has slim to no chance as being a collector's car...the CTS-V has more of a chance than the 1st gen CTS

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Even the 04 CTS-V is a looooooonnnngggg shot. If anything, the 2011 CTS-V wagon with 6-speed manual has the best chance (assuming there is no V3 wagon).

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

This was in the V section:
    http://www.autoinsane.com/2010/01/07...f-past-decade/

"# 5. 2004 Cadillac CTS-V - This is the Cadillac for the Corvette enthusiast who has to haul around kids and their gear. After decades of Cadillac catering exclusively to the to those buying their last or second to last cars, the new CTS-V with its 400 horsepower Z06 Corvette engine will surely earn the respect of car collectors down the road as the most memorable Caddy from this past decade."

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    I took the time to read the article. I'm surprised about a few of the projected collector cars on the list. It was interesting.

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I think it has potential. Alot of cars that are collectible now were throwaway junkers when they were ten years old.
    Condition is everything, and being original, and that special thing that makes people want them. Then there's rarity, and being the first year
    of a particular design. A cherry 2003 and the first V, followed by the first year of the new v-8, then the other V's, the last year,
    and the poor man's choice of the 2004-2006. 18s, 17s, and then the lowly 16s.
    The more options the better, and the manual tranny's are already rare and will get a premium.
    Just what I'd bet on. People love the old Mustangs, and I'll bet the CTS turns out similarly.

Thats an interesting argument X. You are right thats its not just the special Mustangs of old that are collectible. Even the base Mustang is collectible, I guess because it was the original mustang. In that sense, yes, I could see the 1st gen CTS being collectible. Look at it this way, there were more Mustangs sold in the 1st year of its existence, then the entire 1st gen CTS...or its awfully close. The Mustang sold something like 350000 in its first year. The best year for the CTS was 05, IIRC, something in the 61xxx range. The absolute best Model Year for the CTS was 03 at over 80k units, but it was also sold for 18 months, instead of the 12 months like a normal Model Year.

There are some intersting points too. Alot (if not all) of the 03 5M CTS had 3.73:1 gears. That car in the orange or silk green might be worth something later on. An 06 or 07 with 6M and all the packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehaze07 View Post
    I took the time to read the article. I'm surprised about a few of the projected collector cars on the list. It was interesting.
    Im not sure I agree with the GT500. Id bet the new Boss 302 Laguna Seca will be worth alot more down the road. Tho, I suppose an 07 is the 1st GT500 of the new retro design, so theres that. The real collectible of the Challengers will be 1 of the Challenger 500's that were sold in Canada in 08, only 670 sold.

I agree with Jimmy that the real CTS collectible will be the 2nd gen CTS-V Wagon in 6M and all options.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.