Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#3,528 ·
Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

my cts has been sittin on a hoist for 5 days now... still waiting on parts to do the timing belt... bike week has been extended, at best ill have it by wednesday.

#3,533 ·
Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

and now its time for a GhEtTo MiKe UpDaTe!!!

-1st day back from vacation, swamped with emails... i was suppose to be back yesterday but had something i wanted to do and someone else wanted a diferent day off, made a shift trade.
- got a phone call offering me a new contract, with a new company, for much more money, more responsibility and more fun!

here is where it gets funny... i work for 1 contract company under a much larger company. now i going to be working for a different larger and more important company, still under the same larger company.. (basically i get to keep my parkingspot lol.
much better, tougher job and obviously more $.... ide celebrate but ive got to go to bed and wake up for my crappy job tomorrow... 5 more shifts....
then i start as the day after as the new manager, for a few people im friends with lol.

current bosses wernt happy to see me go but i told them its strictly because of the money and i felt like i was capped for my position.... which i was.

so, i quit my job, signed on with a new company!!

then i get my |CTS back finally. every part that could possibly be changed for the timing belt was done. waterpump, pulleys... everything.
runnung great.
Is it true that scrapping off the ceramic material on the return Wire on a HID bulb allows the bulb to burn brighter?
negative... its based on where the filliment is located inside the glass to create the temperature.
besides, you really need brighter HID's?
im my experience using 3000, 4300, 5000, 6000, 8000 and i believe 12000k HID's the 5000's with 35 watt ballasts seem to have the whitest and highest light output.
i do however like the 6000k because i find they are better for visibility in the rain, they seem to make the white lines glow a little nicer at night.

Reactions: odthetruth
#3,538 ·
Reactions: TheBrown57
#3,542 ·

what do you guys think..
before:

after:

#3,543 ·

So my friend recently bought a Z1000 and has been rubbing it in my face since mine is currently sitting waiting for this coming pay day to get it running (Just needs new chain and sprockets) and last night he decided to ride to my apartment and wright on my bumper "I WAS HERE HAHAHAHAHA". My friend is an ass lol

#3,545 ·

Mike, I had to keep looking at those pictures over and over until I saw a difference. LOL To me, looked like the exact same thing
everyone is suppose to notice your smoked sidemarkers, but not tell the difference between dark blue paint and red paint on about 30% of my bike. lol

the red is starting to really grow on me, i still may send out a set of my mids to be painted to match the white tank.... i have 2 pairs of blue, and 2 blue front fenders.

#3,547 ·

Anyone have any Z-car experience? In particular, swapping a Skyline RB motor into a 240z experience? Just a little something I might look into.

Girlfriend's grandpa has a 1970 FairladyZ sitting in the back yard. The L24 inline six that is has now is gutless and sad. Pre-fabbed kits are available to drop in a 250hp RB25DET motor, and only cost about $500. And I can pick up a RB25DET with a transmission from JDM for $1,500.

The 240z is the lightest of all the Z-cars, with a curb weight of about 2,200 pounds. My goal is to build a little autocross monster with 10hp per pound. Figure 100 pounds of fluids/fuel, and my 175 pounds, and that puts my race weight around 2,500 pounds, meaning I need about 250rwhp.

#3,551 ·

I hear ya. This one wasn't hired though... so yeah. LOL
i meant hired her for a real job...not a quickie lol

#3,553 ·

Did it involve piercing anything mate ?
ive had a lot of piercings over the years... some because i wanted them, some dares...
i dont wear any anymore.

#3,555 ·

are you guise still at it?
longest running, most useless thread ever... but it sure cleaned up the rest of the forum...

#3,557 · (Edited)

FU@@#@#$@#$%!@#$%!#$%!#$%!#$%^&*o%$%@#@#$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that that is temporarily out of my system...
so for the first time ever a couple months ago i took my cts to Mr.Lube to have the oil changed... it was raining, i was lazy... and figured hell i worked there once upon a time and we never Effed anything up... right?

well... i went to change my own oil today and when i pulled the drain plug out shavings of metal were wedged in te drain plug threads...oh the horror, i knew this meant they overtightened it or cross threaded it. then i noticed the whole drainplug and pan covered in primer paint (so, its common practice of mr lube to paint over any potential leaks...again, i useto work there...) then i notied my plastic oil filter cover was also covered in primer... luckily i think the fool just went spraypaint crazy because i didnt notice anything wrong with that housing.

so fearing the worst i went to carfully put the drainplug back in.. tough starting it so i did it verry carefully by feel..she went in...almost snugged up then got loose again.
so i think they overtigntened it and ripped some of the threads out.

before i go back there and freak out, im checking with the dealer who ive got connections with to see if they can or will tap the threads and put in a bigger drain plug... now i really doubt it because i believe it is aluminum.

so anyone on here have this happen to them? any real solutions other than a new oil pan.... i just put in 4 new shocks and springs then did a timing job, waterpump and a crapload more... if this drainpan is going to cost me more than $500 the car is going up for sale and im putting one of those temp plugs in with the butterfly nut...
ill go buy something new... FACK!!!!

----------
re tapped the drain and put in a bigger drain plug... im never letting someone else do my oil again.

#3,565 ·

FU@@#@#$@#$%!@#$%!#$%!#$%!#$%^&*o%$%@#@#$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that that is temporarily out of my system...
so for the first time ever a couple months ago i took my cts to Mr.Lube to have the oil changed... it was raining, i was lazy... and figured hell i worked there once upon a time and we never Effed anything up... right?

well... i went to change my own oil today and when i pulled the drain plug out shavings of metal were wedged in te drain plug threads...oh the horror, i knew this meant they overtightened it or cross threaded it. then i noticed the whole drainplug and pan covered in primer paint (so, its common practice of mr lube to paint over any potential leaks...again, i useto work there...) then i notied my plastic oil filter cover was also covered in primer... luckily i think the fool just went spraypaint crazy because i didnt notice anything wrong with that housing.

so fearing the worst i went to carfully put the drainplug back in.. tough starting it so i did it verry carefully by feel..she went in...almost snugged up then got loose again.
so i think they overtigntened it and ripped some of the threads out.

before i go back there and freak out, im checking with the dealer who ive got connections with to see if they can or will tap the threads and put in a bigger drain plug... now i really doubt it because i believe it is aluminum.

so anyone on here have this happen to them? any real solutions other than a new oil pan.... i just put in 4 new shocks and springs then did a timing job, waterpump and a crapload more... if this drainpan is going to cost me more than $500 the car is going up for sale and im putting one of those temp plugs in with the butterfly nut...
ill go buy something new... FACK!!!!

----------
re tapped the drain and put in a bigger drain plug... im never letting someone else do my oil again.

A little too late but just as an FYI for everybody else I saw this method by Eric the Car Guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaNls0uuOUs

#3,559 ·

Ya..not impressed. I know how mr lube does things. .I worked at one years ago. We didnt mess up any cars, always careful. There was 1 time though the manager messed up a transmissiin pan service, I think he polished the pan too much and warped the rim, couldnt get it to seal even with the new gasket... he soaked it in spray paint to cover it up and "seal" it....

So whats your thoughts on the 2013 camaros?
If I got one ide really want a v8, but ive got inside info that a dealer overordered and paint colors with options that are harder to sell...engines unknown at this time but apparently most are manual trannys.

#3,560 ·

I don't like them as much as the 14 lol. I would never get a camaro/stang/challenger with a v6 either. It would have to be a manual. I've rode in mickmosh's 11 ss and its definitely a fun car. He lost some of the refinement he had in his cts. He says he would never go back simply because of the power but he does miss it every now and then lol.

If I was looking at a new ss, I'd definitely be thinking long and hard at getting a used cts-v coupe(he wishes he would've went that route)...Especially when the 3rd gen launches..prices should drop quite a bit.

#3,561 ·

and now ive got a check engine light...
i think my car want me to sell it.....

#3,563 ·

I think it wants to be a different colour, lol.
NEVER!

i cleared the codes, that means its fixed right? lol

#3,564 · (Edited)

lets see if this works.
Contour +2 at 330am...and ive never uploaded to youtube before.. it should have some music added shortly...i think lol

youtube really kills the video quality...
http://contour.com/stories/cbr600rr-test

and heres one from today, unfortunately ... this is the best road to ride on near me so tomorrow im going to go for a bit of a ride out of the city if i get a chance...but check out the houses on this road. Tie Domi's old house is in this video.

Reactions: TheBrown57
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.