Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#3,053 ·
Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

You guys want to know something funny?

So I have been chasing a clicking noise on my CTS for about a year. One day I remember seeing a bolt on the frame that I though may have been the noise maker. It was already tight but I decided to paint all around it to confirm its not the problem. The next week I decided to drive my car up on the ramps to check that bolt. I spend maybe 45 min looking for my flash light and ended up setting up my work light. When I crawled under my car guess what I found? Yup. My flash light(a $160 flash light) was still hanging by its heat sink on the frame. I couldn't believe it was still there after a week of driving.

#3,054 ·

You guys want to know something funny?

So I have been chasing a clicking noise on my CTS for about a year. One day I remember seeing a bolt on the frame that I though may have been the noise maker. It was already tight but I decided to paint all around it to confirm its not the problem. The next week I decided to drive my car up on the ramps to check that bolt. I spend maybe 45 min looking for my flash light and ended up setting up my work light. When I crawled under my car guess what I found? Yup. My flash light(a $160 flash light) was still hanging by its heat sink on the frame. I couldn't believe it was still there after a week of driving.
Haha! I had something similar-ish happen last night. Since I got the car I haven't been able to get to my spare tire..well finally got fed up and cut the screw cap off (was rust welded to the bolt) and found two really nice screw drivers I haven't been able to find for atleast a year..still not sure how they got down under there...they were also making a noise every time I turned hard..

#3,055 · (Edited)

Went to the strip again. A bit better this time. almost 2 tenths better 60' time and 3 tenths 1/4 time.

This was my first, and fastest run...same as last time. I was sleeping on the line, but for my next 4 following runs I didn't get over a .25 reaction time...

Odly, this run also had TC on and was in normal mode..torque loaded to about 2200.. Next run I turned TC off and ripped the tires :( figured it out after that, well kinda haha. not enough to get a better time though I guess..

This was against a 2012 Dodge Charger. I raced him again (was my friend) and beat him (overall time).

Also raced my friends 2012 camaro rs with CAI and Axelback. He beat me by .2155

Also raced my other friends 328i w/ CAI and Cat-back and beat him by .7867

pretty good I'd say for the ole lac. I can post up the other times if yall wanna see.

I smoked the Charger, 328i, Camaro, and kia on 50 shot in the 1/8 mile..but kia and Camaro got me in 1/4. Any ideas why she stops pullin in top of 3rd/4th? Should I force it to shift a little sooner than normal?

Guess I'll have to start doin 1/8 instead of 1/4 haha.

#3,057 ·

Hm i didnt even notice that..last i checked its saturday in florida also haha. These were ran at bithlo dragstrip (speed world) just outside of orlando. The time stamp.is.lower though..bithlo is kind of a sub-par track and closing at the ens of the year.. also a very slick track..i had some hooking up issues and my friend with an amg ran a 14.5 cause he couldnt get hooked.

#3,058 ·

Hm i didnt even notice that..last i checked its saturday in florida also haha. These were ran at bithlo dragstrip (speed world) just outside of orlando. The time stamp.is.lower though..bithlo is kind of a sub-par track and closing at the ens of the year.. also a very slick track..i had some hooking up issues and my friend with an amg ran a 14.5 cause he couldnt get hooked.
Best I've put down in a 3.2 with volant intake and magnaflow axleback exhaust was 14.8 I believe. First run at track, I put down 15.1 on vid.
Whats the mods you got done Tlorenz? For a 3.6, I'd expect you in the mid to low 14s, depending on mods and hp gains...

The reason you're losing at the top half to the Kia and the Camaro is because they probably make more power then you and out-trap you so they pull you in. Nothing you can blame the CTS for... it doesn't have the power necessary. The V6 Camaros are 300+ for sure and definitely faster then the CTS V6. With my old V6... I've run a V6 2010 from a dig and pulled from the start, only to have it reel me in shortly after. I've run a V6 Challenger and smoked its doors off. LOL When you get a chance to compare slips, check his trap speed. You're trapping 92, they are guaranteed to trap faster.

Work on getting that 60' lower, you'll cut better ETs. Rule of thumb there.

#3,062 ·

I meant in comparison to this run haha.

But i've always beat him in the low end which i think is pretty respectable for this car. We may go to a differrnt track in january. If so i'll post up some more slips.
Definitely do that. Yeah, these CTS are quick off the line IMO too.

#3,063 · (Edited)

Yeah I've seen a lot of fast cars, if not running slicks, that don't launch a 2.0 60' time.

What'd you do to help your 3.2 hook up on the line? Torque load or just mash? I torque loaded to about 2300 without warming up the tires and just ripped em loose off the line..gave up on that run haha. Next one had wheel hop in the burnout and launch, I almost cried haha. Then got a good burnout and launch. I still find it funny my best time was in normal mode with tc on...my slowest time was also with tc on and sport mode on... I think the first run was because track was fresh and my car's fluids were still warm from driving. Typically there's a 45min wait between runs

Have you taken the V out yet?

#3,076 ·

Yeah I've seen a lot of fast cars, if not running slicks, that don't launch a 2.0 60' time.

What'd you do to help your 3.2 hook up on the line? Torque load or just mash? I torque loaded to about 2300 without warming up the tires and just ripped em loose off the line..gave up on that run haha. Next one had wheel hop in the burnout and launch, I almost cried haha. Then got a good burnout and launch. I still find it funny my best time was in normal mode with tc on...my slowest time was also with tc on and sport mode on... I think the first run was because track was fresh and my car's fluids were still warm from driving. Typically there's a 45min wait between runs

Have you taken the V out yet?
I took the V out once and was having issues hooking. I didn't run into much wheel hop, as much as I did just wheel spin. High 13s is what I averaged the whole night at 108, 109. I did have 1 abysmal 14.7 @ 103 I believe. That was pre-mods though. I haven't taken it since my boltons/tune setup.

With the V6, I would just ease it off the line, no torque braking. I found I had issues with hooking if I did that.

#3,064 ·

BANG!
my new Remington 700 AAC-SD 20" Tactical

Reactions: Sotex
#3,066 ·

Nice! Is that just a .308 win mag with a different barrel? Looks like a fun gun to shoot, nice bi-pod setup.
its a .308 with a factory 20" heavy barrel and threaded end, Hogue stock.
heres the specs on it.
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire/model-700/model-700-sps-tactical-aac-sd.aspx

i just picked up the bi-pod today, got the rifle on friday. scop is getting swapped out this is one i just had kicking around...not sure whats going on it yet, but i was just looking at a Leupod VX2 3-9x40 in silver.

#3,067 ·

Nice that should be fun shooting. I got to shoot my cousins 338 lapua a couple months ago, man that thing is a monster. was shooting 800 yards with it going completly through 2 3/8" pieces of steel. The noise literally smacked you in the face haha.

I've never used a Leupod, but looks like it'd work fine. What are you gonna be using the gun for? Bear/Moose??

#3,068 ·

got it mainly for deer, but i always get a bear tag because the tag costs $30 but if a bear is coming for me and i shoot it before it chomps my leg a lawyer to get off the charges is thousands... i think of it as a $30 life insurance policy for me and everyone i hunt with.

scope options is killing me... i want a 2-7 for field, but i think i want something that goes to 10-15x for the range. i really want to go long range with this if i can.

trying to find a muzzle break for it too. someone off the gun forum has a new linear muzzle break for sale in stainless, but ive read those dont do much because they deflect the gasses all forward, i think i need one that pushes left and right.
i know nothing about the brakes... trying to do a cram session so i can decide which to get.

#3,069 ·

Nice. Were only allowed shotgun/muzzeloader/bow in illinois. No highpower for deer hunting. Can use a high-power for coyote though. And thats pretty cheap insurance. There's a ridiculous amount of scopes out there. I don't know enough about any particular one to even give you a recommendation and am also uneducated on muzzle breaks. Largest gun we have is a .264 so we don't have any. The 338 had one though, but its a crazy gun.

Hoping to get to go gator hunting this spring.

#3,070 ·

origionally i thought the same (blw,muzzleloader,shotgun) which is why i picked up the remington 870 with a fully rifled barrel.
i was getting 1.5" groups at 100 yards so i hope this rem 700 can do muc better... otherwise that slug gun would have been goo option to keep ready to go lol.

ya te 338L is a big round... ide love to shoot one, but not interested in paying for the ammo...

#3,072 ·

and i just got off the phone with my gun shop.. my AR15 is in stock and being transferred today!
i should have it within a week or so depending on shipping.
i ended up getting a NEA 15 with a 12.5" barrel, 12" quad rail and a Vorex Sparc red dot.

now...no more spending money till 2013...lol

#3,073 ·
Nice man the NEA's are tight. The sparc is nice from what I've read too but I've never seen/used one in person. Odd choice for a rifle though, I prefer around 2.5X with a raised rail for a red dot. And then I just use the dummy sights for anything close. Should be fun though the 1X red dots are tons of fun for snap shots

#3,075 ·

sorry dont follow?
both are rifles, NEA AR15 12.5" semi auto with red dot. the red dot on it will be raised, and i have magpul flip up sights that will co witness with the sparc (my buddy is running a similar setup...sparc, rear magpul and fixed front). the sparc comes with a bunch of mounts so you can puck your height.
also have the magpul sling, angled fore grip and sling rail mounts. i havent decided if im going to use my fab defense vertical fore grip that opens into a bipod or if ill use the magpul angled. ill try both the decide.

the remington was a impulse buy (actually both kinda were....)i only picked up the cheap leupod bases so i could rip the scope and rings off my rifled rem 870 barrel and slap it on. still tossed up on what scope im going to leave on it... if saturday goes well i may just leave the bushnell and get a new one for the 870.

One month of no crazy excessive spending...that unfortunate haha. Red dots are a blast, I have one on my 870 express. Is a blast for trap shooting.
tough month (considering 2 rifles are on this months bill lol)....christmas shopping puts a damper in my have fun fund.

ive got a red dot on my roni kit, its a fun toy.

just noticed my NEA order went from pending to processing... so transfer is still going...ill have to check my credit card online and see if i was charged yet.
their site still says 14.5" and the wrong sight for my order...hope they edit that tomorrow.

edit - yup.. i was pre-authorized billed while its being transferred. i think i owe them a extra $30 over what they pre-authorized.

#3,077 ·

Doin a little running around today, light drizzle, roads are damp.
Stopped @ lights made a right and its a uphill ramp to another road that turns left then right.
Well I guess someone dumped a lot of oil or maybe coolant on the ramp, car went sideways, I managed to pull it out and drift it like a boss!
I thought I was done, lots of traffic around. I was going very slow, I usually pin it around that corner when its dry, and a little harder than I was going in the rain usually.
I know I wasn't goin fast cuz there was a fwd car right on my ass, they hit the brakes when I went sideways, then when I pulle it out they prob thougtht I was just screwing around..

#3,080 ·

i havent seen the sprayers out yet, and man this was worse than ice. at first i thought i hit a ice patch and looked at the temp and it was +8 so that couldnt be it.
man i was not expecting this, and im lucky because i usually drive a lot harder than i was today, i was tired and just kinda drivin like a grandpa, good reaction time and knowing enough to not hit the brakes saved me on this one. i swear i probably drifter a good 100ft

edit - ok apparently it was about 150 meters...
http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=We...BZyOIlPQ&gl=ca&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=17&t=m&z=17

#3,083 ·

Yes, i found the exhaust over In tampa, which is three hours from me and 30 min from him so it only made sense..Got it for $250 which is a little higher than I wanted to pay, but the guy is delivering it, atleast most of the way, so its all good. I'll def get some video also.

Were thinking that deleting the res and putting in an H will give it just a little bit of extra rumble. I prefer a deeper muscle sound out of this car than a higher pitched sound with 3 extra hp from an x pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.