Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#2,868 ·
Mike, look at it less, buy it more. Lol

How is that bike? That's like half supersport, half touring, n'est pas? Probably just as fun to ride, and alot more comfortable than a ZX6R.
This bike is awesome. I keep thinking to myself "...maybe if I had a bit more power"...

But truth is its fast enough, extremely comfortable, gets 55mpg average and 50mpg when I do 95mph the whole way home. Can't beat that lol.

And if you don't like a particular aspect of the bike, there's a mod to change that. These bikes are very popular (for good reason) and because of that there is a huge aftermarket part following.

I can do 0-60 nearly 3 seconds flat, 12 second 1/4, and it wheelies easily and controllably lol. Just an overall blast to ride and not much money compared to the SS bikes.

#2,865 ·
Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

thats one of the bikes ive been lookin at.

TX- great to hear yer doin good and stayin safe.

#2,867 ·

Mike, springs out today. Should be there soon.

Shipping total was 99.75... LOL
awesome..ill put them on my to do list when they get here hahah.

#2,871 ·
Not to mention insurance cost! The 650 is a parallel twin so it's quite a bit cheaper to insure than its 4cyl brothers. If you want more of an SS bike look into the triumph Daytona 675. Gorgeous bike and its a 3cyl. You find an insurance company that bases it's rate on cylinders and you'll be in good shape.

#2,873 ·

the 2 ins companies here i would deal with are my car ins which wont cover sport bikes...yet to inquire about a sport touring like the ninja 650 and state farm..who doesnt care about anything except the bikes cc. so a 650 ninja would cost more to insure that a R6.
our insurance here is messsed up...either way ill be looking at under 150/month i think

#2,875 ·

tv shows always throw a jab at canada because they think we jsut sit back and take it...truth is we are compiling a list and one day we wont hold that door open for you or say thank you.
take that!
yup..thats how its gonna go down!

Reactions: TheBrown57
#2,884 ·

No bike is adjusted properly from the start for that specific rider. Most bikes are built for a 125-150 lb rider. The adjustability goes that far. In order for me to get the full potential from any bike I would have to get the suspension revolved, heavier oil, and stiffer springs. Once again, I'm not an armature at riding bikes. I've pushed many demo bikes harder then you ever have on the street. I like inline 4's they rev high and are extremely agile for cornering. Only twin I would buy is an 848.

#2,888 ·
No bike is adjusted properly from the start for that specific rider. Most bikes are built for a 125-150 lb rider. The adjustability goes that far. In order for me to get the full potential from any bike I would have to get the suspension revolved, heavier oil, and stiffer springs. Once again, I'm not an armature at riding bikes. I've pushed many demo bikes harder then you ever have on the street. I like inline 4's they rev high and are extremely agile for cornering. Only twin I would buy is an 848.
Lol, I'm not trying to turn this into a pissing contest dude. Just putting in my thoughts. You're suggesting a super sport bike for someone who will have a hard time getting one and then getting used to it going right from a cruiser.

The parallel twin is an awesome motor. Great torque, excellent fuel economy, easy to ride, and still fast enough to be a blast. The ninja 650 specifically is the perfect carrier for that motor. And you can get a used 650r at amazing prices.

IL 4cyls obviously will supply you with better performance, that's a given. But they will be more expensive, less efficient, and higher maintenance costs (maybe not by much depending on the one you choose).

My last point is modding. Who doesn't like to mod??? The ninja 650 has a massive aftermarket following and that also means you can get parts of other people for crazy cheap. I'm not saying there aren't good deals on 4cyl bikes too but they are definitely harder to find.

I wrote a lot more than I intended lol... My apologies.

#2,887 ·

i dont know what rpm my rev limiter kicks in on my harley....but i hit it in 1st and 2nd...really thought i had more to go before hitting it...weird.

#2,894 ·

Damn. I was paying $300/yr on my ZX6R. A ZX10 was only another $100/yr.
Thatsabout what i was paying. I had to shop around for a while befor i got a decent rate. Ended up being my insurance company after they gave me some bs quote. I called them back a week later and got a qoute that was thousands cheaper. No idea why.

#2,893 ·

#2,897 ·

I switched to State Farm when I got my motorcycle insurance. Allstate wanted over $1000/yr. They also admitted they didn't want to do motorcycle coverage. What I don't understand is why they just don't no-quote. Why even bother?

#2,898 ·

OD i think my V springs are here...going to pick them up at the post office tomorrow because the girl that works afternoons doesnt like me...she claimed she lost my package once that was a shotgun and i said fine ive gotta call RCMP and report it missing...she freaked out asked why rcmp..i said its because of whats in the package...she walked in the back picked it up and handed it to me...i think she was trying to steal it not knowing what it was.

#2,911 ·
I am still waiting to see how much my policy goes up in march. I was in a hit & run a couple moths ago on the bike. Wasn't even on it, it was parked outside the movies and someone slammed into it and drove away. Guess we'll see what kind of bs they come up with...

OD i think my V springs are here...going to pick them up at the post office tomorrow because the girl that works afternoons doesnt like me...she claimed she lost my package once that was a shotgun and i said fine ive gotta call RCMP and report it missing...she freaked out asked why rcmp..i said its because of whats in the package...she walked in the back picked it up and handed it to me...i think she was trying to steal it not knowing what it was.
Eff that dude I'd go in intentionally when she was working. Great to know level headed people are handling the things you buy....

On a lighter note, I ordered some sport bars for my bike. Should be here in 3 days. Cannot freaking wait. They look hot, will get me out of the wind, and I got a great deal on them from a guy on my Kawasaki forums haha

#2,900 ·

ya when i got my motorcycle license 7 years ago i got quotes and was told 1000/month but had to pay the full year at once...so 12 grand upfront.
so i didnt get a bike...that was when i was looking at a cbr600 f4i

#2,901 ·

I have never had prices that high. The highest i have ever seen i think was for a 1998 trans am lt1 that i had bought. It was like 450-500 a month but i was only 21. So thats why it was so high and yes, i paid it for an entire year then got cheaper insurance somewhere else. I have had my Motorcycle endorsement ever since i got my drivers license, when i was 16, im 34 now. I think insurance is just a bunch of bullshit. You have to get full coverage, (if you dont you will loose youe ass on whatever you buy) then get gap insurance cause for some reason your original insurance doesnt cover enough. Then you pay, pay, pay pay pay pay pay pay pay pay pay.. Then your house gets robbed and you file a claim, it goes through, you get a check and a week later you get a cancelation notice in the mail because your recent claim (what they paid out) was really high, fukking douche bags.

Like i asked for my house and things to get broken into and stolen...

#2,902 ·

a month after my insurance claim (not at fault) i was sent a letter saying my group rate was no longer a option and they put me into their regular rates...raising my payments.
then i found my current ins company at half the price and with full coverage.
canceled my old policy, gave 30 days notice, opened my new policy.
put a stop payment on my old ins company then got a phone call asking why i denied payment on my canceled policy. WTF??? yup..they tried to take more $.

i gotta say...after the bs ive been through ill never make a claim under 4 grand...not worth it unless other driver at fault.

#2,903 ·

a month after my insurance claim (not at fault) i was sent a letter saying my group rate was no longer a option and they put me into their regular rates...raising my payments.
then i found my current ins company at half the price and with full coverage.
canceled my old policy, gave 30 days notice, opened my new policy.
put a stop payment on my old ins company then got a phone call asking why i denied payment on my canceled policy. WTF??? yup..they tried to take more $.

i gotta say...after the bs ive been through ill never make a claim under 4 grand...not worth it unless other driver at fault.

Its a politics game man.... Greeed is the name of it and being rich is the game.

#2,904 ·

greed...and lack of options...
pay insurance get to drive...dont pay insurance go to break the law (whatever the fine or sentence is for that i dont know)...they know they have us in a crappy situation...and they know it.

#2,906 ·

:nevermovingtocanada:
being awesome isnt for everyone... its ok, dont feel bad. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.