24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 75
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 253 FirstFirst ... 25 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3793
Like Tree456Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Yeah, from the outside I love my car and I get comments on my "chicken-wire grill"(thank you Mr. Kia Driver-Man), ...
    Jeremy360 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6L Wheel Performance

Re: The 1st Gen CTS-V or the 2nd Gen cts

Yeah, from the outside I love my car and I get comments on my "chicken-wire grill"(thank you Mr. Kia Driver-Man), I prefer it even over the gen 1 CTS-V grill.

On the inside the stereo/controls just feel old and it lacks any real connectivity though(Bluetooth, USB, even Aux input). I haven't seen a gen 1 with navigation, so it might just be my car. The giant orange alarm clock letters don't do it for me and they juuuust about freeze at -25*C or so. I start up and the numbers kind of bleed on to the screen.

jmcdolej is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none yet

I have never had one negative comment about my car. I get random "nice car/ride" comments every day.

I love the interior also, I have embroidered headrest and rearset also. I ran my own aux input. The navi looks nice in the first gen but I had to go with the sport which does not have the navi.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Do you cruise, or do you drive hard? Do you highly value a widely lauded interior and exterior design or is a V8 and a great setup more important?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdolej View Post
    I have never had one negative comment about my car. I get random "nice car/ride" comments every day.

I love the interior also, I have embroidered headrest and rearset also. I ran my own aux input. The navi looks nice in the first gen but I had to go with the sport which does not have the navi.
    You could get the NAV with the Sport package. It was the Appearance package and the Performance package that you couldnt get the NAV with. The V handled the TPMS info in the insrument cluster. The V6 handled the TMPS in the DIC. As we knw the DIC gets deleted when you option the NAV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy360 View Post
    Yeah, from the outside I love my car and I get comments on my "chicken-wire grill"(thank you Mr. Kia Driver-Man), I prefer it even over the gen 1 CTS-V grill.

On the inside the stereo/controls just feel old and it lacks any real connectivity though(Bluetooth, USB, even Aux input). I haven't seen a gen 1 with navigation, so it might just be my car. The giant orange alarm clock letters don't do it for me and they juuuust about freeze at -25*C or so. I start up and the numbers kind of bleed on to the screen.
    I think the 1st gen V grill is horribly tacky. Tonnes of chrome, the chrome trim around the mesh is much too thick. The front end of the 1st gen V looks almost as cheap as the base model. The only place you see that much chrome anymore is on pickups and PepBoys/CanadianTire specials...

Jeremy360 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6L Wheel Performance

Whichever package I have(wheel perf as far as I can tell) has the best of the gen 1 grilles imo, although there's a color matched red 3.2 around town now and it looks really clean.

Courtesy of Google(not my car, but same grille, same colour:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Seen a pearl white gen 1 CTS-V driving past RMC yesterday; beautiful car, but the grill is over the top. The one above or a color-match is a lot more appealing, to me at least.

I agree. That being said, a body-colored V grill can be quite appealing.
    IMO, Sport Grill is the best looking. Body colored base or V grill is the 2nd best. 3rd would be unpainted base grill.

If you saw a White gen 1 V, it was either repainted or a V6 with V appearance parts. The gen 1 V was available in black, red, silver, and 2 different greys. It wasnt available in white.

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/2284170524.html

What I would have done.

07 V

56,000 miles

$25,000

VS the CTS4

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/2286272289.html

10 CTS Luxury package

23,000 miles

$29,000

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

I'll have a V one day..
    (evil grin & hands rubbing together)

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

notld67 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS

I'd chose a newer cts over an 06/07 v. I'm not a fan of stick shifts to be honest, never have been. When I bought mine back in 09 I actually chose my 06 lux package 3.6 with 19k miles over an 05 v with 51k miles. The v was only $1k more but I didn't enjoy driving it not to mention 32k more miles, If I had bought the v it would have like 82k miles on it now.

Unbanable is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: First gen people please help with my 2nd gen cts!

?.....

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Yea.. but the 1gen cts v is really nice.. and my people from work that have e46 and rx 8 and sti and evos all have fun racing around.. but im like a old man.. in my cts

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.