Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#2,486 ·
Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

We could use the rebirth of the G8. It was bad ass in its time, and would still be as long as the pricing can be kept a bit under the competition... and it can have a few more horses. LOL

#2,491 ·

Not impressed with some of the motorcycle parts dealers...

site sponsor on xlforums SuperBrace had a group buy for a $200 metal support (strut brace).
i have a tough time paying $200 for a car strut brace but i bought the one for the bike....fine...whatever.
with the group buy discount i was billed about $130 plus $15 they owe me for a referral bonus.
1.5 months go by...no product here... i contact them...No reply...
2 months go by...i contact again... reply is we will contact you within 24 hrs..
48 hrs goes by...i contact again.. they say i was under billed and i owe about $7 so they havent sent it to me.
HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW YOU UNDER BILLED ME????????

bought 2 Iridium visors for my Shoei Rf1100 (1 for me and 1 for my friend who has the same helmet)
received 1...no reply from vender.
i swear ive never had issues buying car parts online and in 2 months ive had $300+ in motorcycle parts not show up..and another $100 were junk and now in the garbage...

#2,493 ·

finally heard back about the visor..hes sending it tomorrow. PITA that its going to be late..but oh well.

#2,495 ·

ya no kidding.
i emailed SuperBrace and told them they have some balls to hold my money for 2 months and not contact me..then when i get a hold of the...finally..they say i owe a few bucks so they can send it.

#2,497 ·

Just decline the charges on your card. After two months and no proof of shipment, the CC company will easily find in your favor.
problem is...they make the best brace for the harley. i just want what i paid for. if i dont have tracking info by monday im pulling my money back.
paid via paypal which is hooked to CC

#2,502 ·

Usually, they fold down.
You're welcome, Missy.

:histeric:
I didn't have this fancy option in the 03. I had the fold down window. I never really need to drop the rear seats, but once I noticed the V had em (which wasn't too long ago... since i don't pay much attention to that), I wanted to see how it goes before I go in there as a brute and just break something.

#2,503 ·

OD there are loops on the seats close to the seatbelts, pull them forward and the seats will fold 60/40.

my 03 has them...i couldnt get by without folding seats,they should be standard on everything.

so Superbrace finally shipped my the "superbrace" for my harley...what a joke. only way to get a reply out of them was post in their public thread on the forum they sponsor. i do not recomend them for customer service.

TX did you get a bike again?

Reactions: Argent1
#2,505 ·

ninja 500?
great beginner bike from what ive heard.

i really want a sport-ier bike too.. love my harley, its exactly what i expected and wanted in a bike but i want it to be a custom project/something to ride with the cruiser guys and have a sport bike too so i can keep up with my crotch rocket friends.
thinking the ninja 650 may be good bike to look at.. i want a comfortable riding position so the tubular bars with the risers that it comes with and a closer seat will probably give me what im looking for. another 1 im looking at is the Yamaha FZ8.. blacked out streetfighter from the factory..awesome bike.

Reactions: SHORTSTACK
#2,506 ·
It's a 250 :p
My zx9 isn't the most comfy bike but it hauls ass and is a blast in the curves, my CTS is my comfort vehicle. I would suggest looking at the Honda VFR's, a lot of people I know have been getting em cause they are so damn comfy lol
My bike has clip-ons and I'm pretty sure just about every Ninja out there is the same way.

#2,507 ·

not really a fan of the VFR. it looks more like a touring bike.
there are raised clip ons you can get, i was looking into handlebar raising options for a R6 just before i bought my Harley. lots of guys go with the streetfighter style tubular handlebars and mount them right on top of the trees.
ill probably end up with the FZ6r, FZ8, GSXR, R6 or a CBR600rr

my buddy said i can take his R6 for a rip whenever i want to see if its what i want to get (eventually). he was going to let me ride it before i got my bike but i hadent been on a bike in years so i didnt want to, but now that im back on it ide be comfortable riding other peoples bikes.
ill probably go to some bike demo days too.

my SupreBrace just showed up today. looks like ive got a little wrenching to do.

#2,508 ·
So your riding along minding your own business when a wild bump in the road appears! It's too fast you can't avoid it and BAM! Then you see your iPhone bounce off your tank and off the palm of your reaching hand and it proceeds to slide across 3 lanes of lunch traffic on I-275E and you loose sight of it while desperately trying to pull over without becoming a RIP thread. You make it over and pull the bike as close as you can to the rail and proceed to search the shoulder for signs of life. A friendly Statie stops to see what is the matter and he proceeds to help you look and calls the phone to find out it rings and goes to voicemail. Hope!! That's what you feel knowing that if the phone was dead it would have went straight to voicemail, you proceed with your search with gusto! The Statie has to leave and wishes you luck, you continue the search. You make a landmark to where you think it has went and go to it and back to the bike feeling sad that your phone is gone. In one last ditch effort you get on the bike and go down the shoulder to do a quick scan when you see it! Your iPhone sitting on the shoulder near the guard rail, you pick it up to find the front screen is broke but it functions perfectly!

Yup that shit just happened :werd:

Posted from my iPhone :D

#2,509 ·

damn... well im glad its your phone that broke and not your skin.

i was just out testing the superbrace, install was 10 min..5 min of that was looking at it thinking really? thats all there is to install it??
tested it out, works good, i can corner with more confidence at higher speeds now and no im not pushing it too hard.
i do want to put a steering damper on it. they look like crap on the sportster but the steering is kinda wobbily. im going to check the torque of the steering bolt, ive read a lot about guys that just tighten it a little to stiffen up the steering.

btw, superbrace makes them for the ninjas too.

#2,510 ·

From all the damages I've seen with these kinds of touchscreens, that is TINY in comparison for what it just went through. You should see the my Epic i dropped in the hallway coming home. 5 foot drop, no bounces, etc... Entire screen cracked everwhere. LMAO

All it needs is to land in 1 specific way, and it will just shatter.

#2,511 ·

#2,513 ·

I wish Kawasaki would bring the EFI Ninja 250 here. That might just make me buy one. sub-15 second 1/4 mile and 75 mpg is hard to beat.
"The Honda CBR250 R features an "extremely efficient 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine featuring a sophisticated four-valve DOHC cylinder head, engine counterbalancer, and PGM-FI fuel injection, plus the option of ABS and more.""
http://www.motorcyclingmag.com/2012-honda-cbr-250-r-preview

ive actually read that the CBR250 is awrsome. bigger frame than the ninja and faster. also it is better quality of parts...and im not a honda fan usually but they make awesome bikes.

#2,514 ·

I think the kawi is lighter. I may be wrong. But I also read that the Ninja is better balanced than the CBR. Honda does make incredible bike engines.
I don't understand why they keep the Ninja 250 carbureted here. I think most people would pay the extra money for FI.

#2,516 ·

there is a ninja 400 now too. not sure what motor is in that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.