Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#2,389 ·
Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

If you want white lettering they max a wax ( I think crayon) for colering them in. The harley guys do it with white and red all the time. Looks good in the pictures.

#2,392 ·

I had the factory mags and I think only the RADIAL T/A was in white letters; I'm almost sure of it. I permanently confuse Goodrich and Goodyear and I think the Goodrich would stand out in my memory if they were in white and I had read them everytime I looked at the car. I wonder if I could find a picture of my rims...

#2,394 ·

damn. that man made history. RIP

#2,396 · (Edited)

Hey guys, another weird issue I'm having. Lately my car has been making a strange noise when the key is on, and/or when it is running. It's really hard to describe so I recorded a bit of it the other day. My phone's camera isn't that great, though, so bear with me. This is with the key on, ignition off, the a/c off and radio completely turned down. It was really quiet so there's nothing else to hear besides the noise. I would suggest listening with headphones, may have to turn up the volume a bit to hear. I really can't tell where it's coming from but it sounds like the driver's side under the hood. I could be mistaken.

Any input would be muuuuch appreciated.

Thanks.

#2,398 ·

Hey guys, another weird issue I'm having. Lately my car has been making a strange noise when the key is on, and/or when it is running. It's really hard to describe so I recorded a bit of it the other day. My phone's camera isn't that great, though, so bear with me. This is with the key on, ignition off, the a/c off and radio completely turned down. It was really quiet so there's nothing else to hear besides the noise. I would suggest listening with headphones, may have to turn up the volume a bit to hear. I really can't tell where it's coming from but it sounds like the driver's side under the hood. I could be mistaken.

Any input would be muuuuch appreciated.
Thanks.

Ummm, hijack threads very much ?? :annoyed: :thehand:

The man kicked Enzo's ass . :worship:

Kad

#2,400 ·

Kad, I've actually used this thread a lot in the past. Instead of making a new thread that takes up space and will likely get ignored, I pop in here and ask my questions.

But if I'd known that it would bother you this badly I would've asked elsewhere.

#2,401 ·

Kad, I've actually used this thread a lot in the past. Instead of making a new thread that takes up space and will likely get ignored, I pop in here and ask my questions.

But if I'd known that it would bother you this badly I would've asked elsewhere.
Kad didn't mean anything, I'm sure. He was just poking a little fun.

#2,406 ·

Yes it is, if something like a blend door is trying to close but can't. You can read all the fine detail about the HVAC system in my Warranty Limits or Resale Price threads. You might recognize something. The cluster module is the only other thing there is in the area you've pinpointed. Sometimes electronic things buzz when they go bad.

#2,415 ·

just hotwire them to the front 02s should do the trick.
you dont really need cats...just need the sensors.

#2,416 ·

I'm gonna have 'em tuned off. Going for a dyno tune soon either way. Its not harming anything with em off. Just throwing that CEL, which I've basically learned to ignore. LOL I keep an OBDII in the car, and scan it every other day to make sure the same 12 codes show up.

#2,417 ·

Today I changed my two front rotors & pads. Drilled & slotted Power Stops with Evolution ceramics.
Any way, while doing one side I noticed something iffy about the hub. So I phoned the local dealer..........sit down now..........

$394.75 for one hub !! No wonder they went broke.

Picked one up at PartSource for half that, slightly different but it works. Federal Mogul, made in USA too, not Chinese.
Tomorrow I'm doing the rears.

#2,418 ·

Chinese ones are $60.....lol
Ya I thought my front hubs were going bad, I got prices on them and considered just getting a new car

#2,420 ·

hey i didnt wanna start a new thread for this so im posting in here.

i just got this volant intake the other day. i think the lid is ugly and the fit sucks..

do you think making a new cover for it out of stainless steel or aluminum would be a bad idea? i was gonna make one out of clear lexan but that shit was like $40 for a sheet of 24"x24" lol... for a piece of plastic wtf.

anyways i could make a new lid out of pretty much any metal for free so i was thinkin either stainless steel #4 finish or aluminum checker plate... or do i need to stick to a plastic cover??

#2,421 ·

hey i didnt wanna start a new thread for this so im posting in here.

i just got this volant intake the other day. i think the lid is ugly and the fit sucks..

do you think making a new cover for it out of stainless steel or aluminum would be a bad idea? i was gonna make one out of clear lexan but that shit was like $40 for a sheet of 24"x24" lol... for a piece of plastic wtf.

anyways i could make a new lid out of pretty much any metal for free so i was thinkin either stainless steel #4 finish or aluminum checker plate... or do i need to stick to a plastic cover??
Jesus dude, I did lexan on my volant and paid less then that for sure. I don't think its a bad idea as long as its within spec.

#2,422 ·

you dont even need the lid... its just for looks.

#2,423 ·

i thought you need the lid, so that it didn't suck in the hot engine air?
you dont even need the lid... its just for looks.

so after installing my intake i made a lid out of champagne colored stainless steel with a brushed finish.. while i was test fitting it to drill the holes i realized i didn't like it..

i am gonna find some lexan or plexiglass somewhere and make a clear lid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.