Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#2,321 ·
Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

Rolls you should look intp those russian dating sites...those girls are smokin hot and will do anything to get a a US/Canadian passport.
Just be sure to protect your assests prior to purchase, I mean dating..
I actually know a guy who is russian and in canada who dates russian girls off those sites all the time...he mees up with them in places like dominican.

#2,323 ·

Rolls you should look intp those russian dating sites...those girls are smokin hot and will do anything to get a a US/Canadian passport.
Just be sure to protect your assests prior to purchase, I mean dating..
I actually know a guy who is russian and in canada who dates russian girls off those sites all the time...he mees up with them in places like dominican.
Apparently, thats not the case anymore. Russia's economy has been doing so well that the quality of russian mail order brides is something similar to the lovely ladies of Operation Repo. Youd need to find a country that is doing poorly...

----------

No, I didn't ask her. Wife number three has to be of childbearing age. I haven't had any legitimate kids and I'm running out of time.

It would be nice to have an older woman of equal means for the sake of an easy life, but I have other needs that only a child can fulfill.
Have you considered adopting from in this country or from out of country? There are plenty of kids around the world who need help. If you are careful of what company you deal with, you wont be stealing from any family either, which has happened alot in the past.

#2,327 · (Edited)

Hey guys, got a problem and thought I'd spare making a thread and just ask here.

I got in my car last night to head to work and I noticed my fuel gauge read empty and it also said "Low Range" on the DIC. I could have sworn I had almost a half tank but I drove straight to the gas station and filled it up. It was still reading empty. When I left from work this morning, it was still the same.

So my question is what could be wrong and about how much am I looking at to have it fixed? Any ideas? Thanks.

#2,330 ·

Hey guys, got a problem and thought I'd spare making a thread and just ask here.

I got in my car last night to head to work and I noticed my fuel gauge read empty and it also said "Low Range" on the DIC. I could have sworn I had almost a half tank but I drove straight to the gas station and filled it up. It was still reading empty. When I left from work this morning, it was still the same.

So my question is what could be wrong and about how much am I looking at to have it fixed? Any ideas? Thanks.
There might be a fuse.
Hope its not the sending unit back in the tank.
New clusters are a couple hundred.

#2,328 ·

FINALLY!!
I have been waiting a week for my clutch cable to come in for my bike and it came in yesterday :D
Did about 120 miles yesterday after installing it looks like the CTS is going to be sitting in the garage for awhile :p
I try to take her out at least once a week though

#2,331 · (Edited)

i would start with a tank cleaning product, but chances are that wont do a thing.
when i had my tank changed i bought a used one and told the mechanic to use all my sensors because i knew they worked (i cracked my tank)
he left the old used ones that came with my replacement tank in and they were all faulty.
so he had to pull the tank out again to put in the sensors i told him to use to begin with.

bad news is its a 10 hour job to drop the tank and change the sensors.
if i were you i would probably change out the fuel pump and anything else you can all at the same time...

---------------------------

so i picked up a front signal relocation kit for my hog today..
get home, the kit is diferent than all the kits ive seen online...but i bought OEM, and i was looking at aftermarket ones online. fine its the right kit.
lets get started.

kit came with wire extensions, crimps and shrink wrap and zip ties... didnt need any of that......
kit was suppose to have 2 new Acorn style nutts to hold on my mirrors upside down(the whole point to this kit is so you can under mount your mirrors)
well it only came with 1...and obviously i have 2 mirrors...well, good news is i planned for the kit to not even include these...so no big deal.
kit is suppose to have 4 spacers...i only got 1...also, had no idea these were needed so i made due for now without. but if i had the acorn style nutts i would need them.
kit was suppose to come with 4 lock washers...it came with 3... so i just reused one that came off the old mount...no biggie.

so...should i call the dealer and tell them all the parts im missing even though i dont really need them anymore?
im thinking about just messaging them on facebook (pm of course) and seeing what they say.

considering i bought 1 bolt and 1 washer from them today (for a different part) and it cost me $7 im a little pissed my kit is missing this stuff, even though i dont really need it.
i could have gotten the bolt and washer for $1 at a hardware store, but i was at the HD dealer and there was no needing to measure bolts...it was just i need this part, so i just paid for it. plus gas to get to another store to look for that bolt wouldnt have been worth it.

#2,333 ·

Thanks for the replies everyone. It's weird, though. I got in my car to go to work last night and it seems to be working fine now. I'm not sure what happened but for about 24 hours it was stuck on empty. It could be a sign that I have to replace something soon or maybe it was just a one time thing. I guess I'll find out eventually.

#2,334 ·

Thanks for the replies everyone. It's weird, though. I got in my car to go to work last night and it seems to be working fine now. I'm not sure what happened but for about 24 hours it was stuck on empty. It could be a sign that I have to replace something soon or maybe it was just a one time thing. I guess I'll find out eventually.
when things like this happen with your fuel level, it is also best to fill it to the top, reset your trip meter and go based off that for the next 2 FULL tanks. dont just put $10 in.
the fuel level is based off a estimate of what the car "thinks" is left in the tank. there is no actual float, just a few sensors that help it guess.
its not the most accurate fuel monitoring system...

They'd probably give you the missing parts, but if you don't need them its just clutter in your toolbox.
Sometimes you're just screwed when it comes to buying stuff.
the thing is, this kit they ordered in came in a sealed bag direct from Harley Davidson.
the only part i really want out of all the missing ones is the 3 spacers and the 1 acorn nut.
the current mounting hardware that use to be under the handlebars is now on top...so i have just a regular nut on the top of my bars... not a chrome nicely shaped one.
who will notice? just me..lol and maybe now you.

i probably wont bother.

on a side note... bought a new leather jacket and armoured gloves yesterday.
gloves looked like they would be warm, and have armour on them so i dropped the $90 on them.
just went out for a rip on the bike and let me tell you... that "armour" is actually air scoops! i think i have frostbite!
now...it was only +2 when i left my house...so it wasnt ideal temps but come on...these are thick gloves.

but my jacket is awesome.. i love joe rocket gear! good quality, had hidden back, shoulder and elbow/forearm padding. and its not bulkey like the other armoured gear i tried on in the store.

TX if you get a sportster you will love it, but get a wind deflector. im going to order the flyscreen in black in a couple weeks. its the smallest one ive found and it actually deflects the wind so its not hitting you in the chest. (thats what the reviews say) and it actually looks good.
i just hit about 50mph with no windscreen and wow...it just pushes against you... i cont even imagine how my buddy road my harley home in +10 (a little colder than +10 i think actually) with no windscreen down the highway for about a hour...i think im going to buy him those motorcycle boots he been looking at. he deserves them.

----------

oh and check this out.
best mpg ive ever gotten.that is about 70%highway and 30%city.

Reactions: tp2010
#2,335 ·

Well that's interesting. I didn't know that it "guessed" the fuel level with sensors. I always wondered why my fuel gauge seems to be inaccurate. It stays on full forever, but once it drops down past half a tank or so, it drops crazy fast. I would guess that there's less than a quarter when the indicator reads half.

#2,339 ·

ill see if i can find my pictures of the tank. i took a few when the "new" tank was sitting on the ground... lots of wires.

#2,342 ·

fwiw, bear in mind that most motorcycle accidents don't involve any other vehicles. just be careful. and always assume that car up there is going to pull out in front of you. that way you will be ready on the off chance that it does.

----------

one of my favorite stories;

a buddy and I were out riding one day. he suddenly pulls over. when we stop he said his phone was ringing. so he calls his wife back, and when he was done, we just sat there talking for a few. while we are sitting, a cop pulls up behind us and puts his lights on. He tells us they were getting calls of two blue sport bikes tearing it up (our bikes were blue of course, what are the odds). We told him we were not (and this time, we really weren't, just a casual ride). To which he says "two blue bikes, and it wasn't you?" JUST as he says this, we could hear a pair of bikes nearby with their engines screaming. My buddy says "maybe it was them?" It took all my strength not to laugh. After the cop leaves, my buddy says "great, now I am getting pulled over when I am not even moving."

#2,343 ·

fwiw, bear in mind that most motorcycle accidents don't involve any other vehicles. just be careful. and always assume that car up there is going to pull out in front of you. that way you will be ready on the off chance that it does.

----------

one of my favorite stories;

a buddy and I were out riding one day. he suddenly pulls over. when we stop he said his phone was ringing. so he calls his wife back, and when he was done, we just sat there talking for a few. while we are sitting, a cop pulls up behind us and puts his lights on. He tells us they were getting calls of two blue sport bikes tearing it up (our bikes were blue of course, what are the odds). We told him we were not (and this time, we really weren't, just a casual ride). To which he says "two blue bikes, and it wasn't you?" JUST as he says this, we could hear a pair of bikes nearby with their engines screaming. My buddy says "maybe it was them?" It took all my strength not to laugh. After the cop leaves, my buddy says "great, now I am getting pulled over when I am not even moving."
LMAO...not surprised. although, if the call was infact for 2 blue bikes in fairness you fit the description...but it was probably just for 2 bikes, and you were the first he saw.

ive heard a lot of different "most accidents" stats..apparenty being rearended at a stoplight is a big one.

so we just got back from a 2.5hr ride. hit some nice roads...and went on that one the guy died on a few days ago. passed a uncountable amount of other bikes on that street. it really is a nice ride, but my buddy knew one with a higher speed limit, better pavement and no traffic so we went and rode that one for a little as well.
heres the bikes when we got back.

#2,345 ·

defensive riding. theres some really bad drivers out there.
i just went for a drive in my cts and it feels soooo slooowww......LOL (but comfortable)

#2,346 ·

I'd say this thread being turned into a sticky has been successful. It started off as OD playing with his new tools, and several months later its still here and keeping stray talk out of the other threads.

I'm off to the grocery. I'll see if my whine comes back. Its been 48 hours since I drove it.

#2,347 ·

btw, just finished watching SAFE with Jason Statham. 1st gen CTS has some cameo shots in it. It shows up on the side as one of the asian bad guy's cars, and then it shows up as the Police chief's car (who is also a bad guy. LOL)

#2,350 ·

Question gentlemen... If you had to cut 1/8th inch thick abs plastic... what shears would you use? I'd rather use shears then use a dremel. So feedback? I'm looking into something.

#2,351 ·

i read your post on my blackberry in the email message...first thing i thought "dremil of course" then finished reading...
no clue what shears you could use, only because they would all have a hell of a time cutting through 1/8 thick.

#2,353 ·

hey tx, i may have to get you to do me a shipping favour again at the end of the summer if you dont mind... ill throw you some extra $ for the help.
theres a harley fender that isnt DOT approved so they cant sell it here, its a chopped Nightster fender, and i think i can order the LED tail light for it here but im not sure.
apparently they wont allow the sale of it through the canadian dealerships here...which is dumb.im grabbing a spare OEM fender and im going to try just cutting it before i drop $400+ on this one (i found one for $60) which is what most the guys do.

this is the fender... i dont have a link for the LED tail light..harley considers is a add on...apparently brake lights arent a high priority in the states lol

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...4302491563&bmUID=1254159748055&bmLocale=en_US

#2,355 ·

thanks man.
im waiting till end of summer so i dont loose any potential days on the bike...and hopefully my cheaper solution works out.
i took her out for 10 min today just because my new speedo (Dakota Digital) came in and i wanted to try it out... but i was soo tired i just went back in and to bed.
the gauge works amazing.

#2,358 ·

sorry to hear that Tx.
the reason i wont ride to work is i work 12 hour shifts.
i start at 6am..so i leave my house just after 5am. after 12 hrs of working all i want to do is sleep.

mine is only insured for about half of what i paid for it. its the only way to get a decent price on coverage. i had to sign a form saying market value or $3800, whichever is less. im only doing this for the first year, next season i will qualify for better coverage for the same price with a different company.
i only pay $527/year right now..and every other company is $3000/year...so ill take the lesser coverage for 1 season. and to be honest, if something happened the metal bike is the last thing im worried about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.