Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#2,259 ·
Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

Mike, in the Canadian health system, is all of your medical record available from anywhere with just a few keystrokes ? In America we are on our own with our health histories, we've got to fill out all the forms over again at each different health provider.
They are also available by scanning the Microchip we each have implanted in our arms, at birth.

#2,254 ·

TX- pics will be up as soon as I get the bike. He is going to get the safety inspection done, and if he can get it don't by friday ill have it then, otherwise it will be next week.

Rolls- our health records are on a central system with the exception of doctors notes, but they are in the process of changing that as well, so all that will be on the same system or possible another one.. So it will be all digital files.

#2,258 ·

inspection is booked for tomorrow morning,
the bike is mine at 630pm on friday!!
ill post pics saturday night after i get home from my bike course.

good news is i talked to my insurance broker, i told him i useto have my motorcycle lisence and i only have my learners permit fo the next 40-50 days (whatever time i have left) but im taking the training course again, and the ministry approved test. so he called the insurance company and asked if they will cover me after i pass the test. they are taking it to their boss and going to see if it gets approved.
i told him a competing company offered me only slightly higher rate and would cover me right away (which is true) but i would rather keep my car and bike on the same policy.
now considering i just took my truck off their policy 2 hours before requesting this..i think i have a good chance. i told him even if they say thy will give me fire theft only so i can transfer the bike im fine with that... i just need to get my plates before the certification expires and this way i dont have to have it towed home in the back of a truck from my friends house. its being dropped off at my friends which is about 1hr away from me.

#2,263 ·

inspection is booked for tomorrow morning,
the bike is mine at 630pm on friday!!
ill post pics saturday night after i get home from my bike course.

good news is i talked to my insurance broker, i told him i useto have my motorcycle lisence and i only have my learners permit fo the next 40-50 days (whatever time i have left) but im taking the training course again, and the ministry approved test. so he called the insurance company and asked if they will cover me after i pass the test. they are taking it to their boss and going to see if it gets approved.
i told him a competing company offered me only slightly higher rate and would cover me right away (which is true) but i would rather keep my car and bike on the same policy.
now considering i just took my truck off their policy 2 hours before requesting this..i think i have a good chance. i told him even if they say thy will give me fire theft only so i can transfer the bike im fine with that... i just need to get my plates before the certification expires and this way i dont have to have it towed home in the back of a truck from my friends house. its being dropped off at my friends which is about 1hr away from me.
mike,
Certificate should be good for 36 days.
Why not insure them both with the same co. & get multi vehicle discount ?

#2,264 ·

so today went like this...
work up 4am went to work...ugh
got a email bike passed safety no problem...its mint. picking it up tomorrow night as planned.
went to the inclass for my m2 license. it was more booring than i remembered.
talked to the chief of the course, apparently i get credited my 5 years experience with the m2 that expired. he said i can get my m2 on monday when i pass on sunday, also... i dont have to wait to get my full M license (no restrictions on the bike) and i can take that test in theory on tuesday. i probably wont take that test this summer, but we will see.
he was telling me im a idiot for letting it expire..then another instructor piped up and said hey we like repeat customers... he keeps us in business (its a $500 course...)
so saturday im back out there on the bike for the lessons.

#2,265 ·

mike, I took that course many yrs. ago. Back then it was held at Downsview Air Base, after it was decommissioned.
Can't remember how much it cost, but I'm sure it was the equivalent of $500 today. It was a two day course, there were a few chicks in there also.
I had already purchased a new bike with the funds I recieved from insurance for my vette that had been vandalized.
Lucky me, it snowed that weekend , so I actually learned to ride in the snow. Also there was no insurance discount, but there might be now.
It was a good course because of the safety aspect, and breaking of bad habits that could get you into trouble.
I have kept my M up all these yrs.,as I mentioned I have maintained a DZM licence,which requires a test every three yrs. for the Z endorsement.
From the very first(1969) I had obtained a Chauffeur's Licence,which was one of two classes available then. The other class was Operator's.
These days they have a lot of different classes, all in the name of safety.

Good luck with the course Mike, have fun.
Too bad you don't have your bike today, Friday the 13th, which is the day of the big bike meet in Port Dover. It happens every Friday the 13th, no matter how many there are in each year.
Enjoy your bike & stay safe.

#2,266 ·

GOT HER!
im thinking of callin her Black Betty since my CTS is Betty White.. lol
no plates, no insurance, and havent transfered ownership yet, the previous owner just dropped her off at 630.
i can tell he wasnt trying to pull a quick one on me at all, he gave me his business card and said i have all his contact info and not to loose it because if i have any questions he wants me to call and not to hesitate about it. he also said that once i do some mods to it he definitely wants to see. really nice guy, couldnt be happier with the purchase and how smoothly it went. really nice of him to trailer it to me.

Reactions: dumaurier
#2,268 ·

ill b carefull... and ill need my liver for many years.

first mod will be to get a gel insert for that seat. its shaped amazingly but its hard.
then the real mods start... i need the signal relocation kit so i can under mount my mirrors. and im going to chop the fender.

#2,271 ·

How ya gonna pick up chicks with that seat ?
ive also got a 2-up seat. its big, comfy and ugly. rear pegs are taken off right now too.

You need moar Corbin.
ive seen some nice looking corbins online, there is one that is a 2-up that looks really good, but i want to see it in person before i buy it. i dont think the passenger seat is all that great though...lol

so day 1 of the course on the bike is done. went really well. they have changed it a little since i took it last time.
my instructor rides a harley and he kept mentioning it and i gave him a thumbs up...so a little later he came over and said "so what harley do you have?"
it was kinda funny. he said i got a really good deal on mine.

cant wait to get the insurance and plates on it!

#2,273 ·

PASSED!
yet again i have my M2 (full license just no alcohol in your system at all) i have 5 years to take the M test then theres no more tests. so this time i not going to let it expire.
i have to say, taking the course was a great idea, it was a great refresher, and met a few guys that im going to go riding with as soon as i get my insurance and plates sorted out. i have to see if i can bypass the waiting period before handing my test results into the ministry, ive been told yes and no... im also still waiting to find out if my insurance will cover me before the ministry waiting period IF i have to wait.

#2,281 · (Edited)

Tried to do my brakes tonight and failed. First, the place I ordered my brake parts forgot to throw in the brake pads I ordered so I had to buy some at the local parts store. Had a hard time getting both bolts for the caliper bracket off. I stripped the screw that holds the rotor. Started to drill the scew out and the battery died. Then finally, my room mates battery charger will not charge his battery. Think its time for beer, lots of beer. :crying2:

#2,282 ·

Tried to do my brakes tonight and failed. First, the place I ordered my brake parts forgot to throw in the brake pads I ordered so I had to buy some at the local parts store. Had a hard time getting both bolts for the caliper bracket off. I stripped the screw that holds the rotor. Started to drill the scew out and the battery died. Then finally, my room mates battery charger will not charge his battery. Think its time for beer, lots of beer. :crying2:
Murphy's law. it applies, almost specifically, to DIY things on the car. LOL

#2,288 ·

Planning is the most important part of any job. No matter how long it takes.
how does the saying go...
failing to plan is like planning to fail.

Reactions: Argent1
#2,286 ·

I finally finished it. Took about 1 hour for the passenger side and 20 min to do the drivers side. Can't wait untill I do the rear brakes. Also found out they drop shipped my pads from the manufacture. Would have been nice to know that before I ordered everything. Oh well. Now I have a extra set for the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.