Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#2,005 ·
Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

anyone know if you can buy just the rubber front upper shock mounts for the cts/v? its the rubber part that goes inside of the actual strut assembly.
i think someone was making aftermarket poly ones (originally for the v )... but im just looking for cheapest option..oem or aftermarket i dont care.

#2,006 ·

guys i need some opinions. as some(most) of you know ive been toying with the idea of getting a new car for a while.
still dont know if i want to buy one. heres the situation, i have enough cash saved so i can stick with my never take out a car loan policy. i could really use a suv or a truck but thats only really needed 1-2 days in the summer and in the winter i can probably get around needing it, this winter i drove the cts and only saw a total of 4 inches of snow from nov-march (best winter ever!)
so i saw a 2010 Camaro SS 14,000km black on black ,auto tranny for $33grand...
then i saw a 2007 corvette 28km black on black manual tranny for $34 grand.
they are comparable cars, comparable years, comparable mileage. and very comparable prices.
both are more than i wanted to spend, i was looking in the 25grand minus my trade in, but im ok with 30 and getting 3-5grand trade in on my old truck.

im still even considering a bike, but cant decide if ill use it enough and if i want a harley or crotch rocket

#2,008 ·

mike, don't forget to factor in insurance. I hear we are being gouged again at renewal time.
GF's just went up $120/yr. on a Tuscon,2wd. BOHICA !
yup..mine just renewed and it went up another $10/month...so $120/year.
im going to be shopping around for new insurance, i have a 100% clean record, not even parking tickets, no at fault claims in my life, and last claim was over 5 yrs ago, had my own policy with only me on it for 10 years now. (damn...now im making myself feel old..)
if i get a bike, the sport bikes are $120-140/month for a 600cc, but i probably wont be putting vehicle repair coverage on it (collision) so it will be a little cheaper.

#2,009 ·

Don't start with that feelin' old crap again.............poor me, poor me...........pour me another........lol
I've had my own policy for over 20 yrs. with two vehicles & house and still get screwed. I'll be shopping as well.
Plus license fees are going up too.

#2,010 ·

Don't start with that feelin' old crap again.............poor me, poor me...........pour me another........lol
LMAO
I've had my own policy for over 20 yrs. with two vehicles & house and still get screwed. I'll be shopping as well.
Plus license fees are going up too.
but e-testing will be gone. i know one of the gm dealers being renovated soon will not be putting the e-testing back in it when the shop is finished.
i didnt know the fees for licensing was going up, good thing i just bought a 2yr sticker for the cts... my trucks is expired, but it doesnt move and only has fire/theft coverage.

#2,013 ·

Jimmy - i really like the Camaro, im going to take a look at it next week, same time as the Vette.
im heading to the bike show tomorrow to sit on a few bikes and see what i like. i was just sitting on my friends 07 CBR600rr, really nice bike. his concern is his back hurts after riding for a hour, and my back is much worse than his. he does have back problems but nothing bad at all, just aches and pains from being a goalie and a catcher for years. so i may not be able to ride a spor bike, which is what i assumed before. ive read the 2004 R6 is more of a upright riding position than the other sport bikes, and the yzf6r is the sport touring version which is much more comfortable, but then you loose the wider rear tire, and the handle bars are tubular and look kinda funny in the pictures (im sure ill see one at the show tomorrow and then ill judge it)

so i may be back at looking at the Harley sportster 883 then put a 1250 bore kit on it (bigger motor, cheaper insurance). i like harleys, but have always wanted a sport bike. i have the cash, so if i buy a bike and decide its not for me im ok with selling it as long as i didnt overpay for the bike. even loosing a grand on the bike is cheaper than renting one for a month.

#2,014 ·
Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

Why can't UPS deliver on Saturday's!?!?

Got these sitting at the UPS facility 50 miles away, 5x115, 18x7.5, +40 offset...won't be here until Monday :(

Got a set of 225/45/18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires waiting for them to be RF balanced at the local [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]GM dealer[/COLOR][/COLOR]...

Getting anxious :bouncy:

Reactions: odthetruth
#2,015 ·

nice rims!
UPS sucks in every way possible. i have 3 cameras on the front of my house and ive seen them run up put the note on the door hit the bell and walk away.
then their brokerage charges... its insane. i just paid $50 to have a crimson trace laser grip cross the border..

#2,016 ·

check out the ninjas. I found the seating position much more comfortable than CBR and R6. It's just big enough that it allows you to sit upright for around town, and crouch on the highway. Plus the windshield was positioned just so that at high speeds, it blasts air right at your chest, holding your upper body so there is no pressure on your wrists. Plus the ninja is the best chassis. Better bike I think if you are willing to give up the superior Honda and Yamaha powertrains.

#2,017 ·

i wish you posted that a few hours ago...
i heard the opposite of that... i read that the ninja has a more aggressive seating position, so i walked past a couple at the show.
i did find that the 2008 R6 is a higher bike than the 2007 CBR600RR. i can put my feet flat on the ground on the CBR but the R6 im on my toes. im not tall, so i didnt like that too much. ive read that the earlier R6 is more comfortable, my other friend has one but its got no tires on on (that are usable) and its about 2hrs away, hes getting his new tires put on soon and bringing it down then i can check it out.
i checked out the 2009 Yahama YZ6R or whatever they call it, its the sport touring version of the R6. its a much more comfortable bike to sit on. but i did find one i likes a little more, the Ducatti Monster. its a nice looking bike (Viva Italia!!!) and very comfortable to sit on. the only thing is they arent cheap, and i think they are around 800cc so i dont know what the insurance will be on it... im going to look into it next week.
also, im kinda still leaning towards the Harley Sportster then do a lot of custom work to it. its a cheaper bike, probably the cheapest to insure and the most comfortable to ride out of the bunch.
more comfortable, would be the Vette and the Camaro SS..... the search continues...

#2,018 ·

I can't believe that someone that rivals me for crippledness can even consider riding a motorcycle. And being crippled already, would ignore what happens to the human body when it hits the pavement at speed. Just the thought of my body getting whacked again...uhhhhgggggggggggggg...(imagine deep long groan)...

Can you even picture the recovery process from taking a spill from a bike ? Oh man, I don't think I could survive it.

But its your body, I just couldn't even imagine it for me. Ugh.

My second ex-wife had an interesting word or two about Corvettes. She said that every (boy) she met that had a Corvette was a jerk.

Instead of buying something new and expensive, how about something old and fun ? There are alot of say, $4000 cars out there that can be fun to drive. How about an older Jag sedan ? Trade cars every month or two for a while. Try an assortment. Personally I hate to pay depreciation.

#2,019 ·

I can't believe that someone that rivals me for crippledness can even consider riding a motorcycle. And being crippled already, would ignore what happens to the human body when it hits the pavement at speed. Just the thought of my body getting whacked again...uhhhhgggggggggggggg...(imagine deep long groan)...

Can you even picture the recovery process from taking a spill from a bike ? Oh man, I don't think I could survive it.

But its your body, I just couldn't even imagine it for me. Ugh.

My second ex-wife had an interesting word or two about Corvettes. She said that every (boy) she met that had a Corvette was a jerk.

Instead of buying something new and expensive, how about something old and fun ? There are alot of say, $4000 cars out there that can be fun to drive. How about an older Jag sedan ? Trade cars every month or two for a while. Try an assortment. Personally I hate to pay depreciation.
recovery process?
ask someone who is a first responder how they clean up a motorcycle accident....fire hose... not kidding.
my bro-in-law was big into bikes but sold it to get a boat. but when he was younger and still riding hard he worked as a paramedic for a while, his first shift the guys training him handed him a bag and told him to collect the body parts from the accident. he was certified to teach the licensing courses and took a lot of other advanced courses. i think one of them was called on 1 wheel. they teach you to do a good wheelie and keep it going.
hes hes been talking about getting another bike in the next couple years.. i think he said a duke 1098 or 1198...something fast.

only live once, i wont be racking up the km on it if i get one, it will just be for nice days, and to and from work which the times i go there is never any other cars on the road.

im not a fan of loosing money on cars either, but with that said im not a fan of calling a tow truck.
after i get insurance quotes on the bikes im going to head over to the dealership and check out those cars.

ill never own a jag... my x had a x-type (haha) and i hate that car... the only reason it was running last time i saw her was because of how much experience my tools got on it. i can take that car down to the frame and rebuild it...

#2,020 ·

The bone spur in my neck makes riding a bike a pipedream. I'd be poking my spinal cord so often...yikes. What's wrong with a used bike instead of new ? Its your money to burn but new only lasts a day...

Sam Walton (WalMart) always drove the biggest car, on the closest used car lot, at the time his old one broke down. He'd trade in the old one the first time it crapped out. He drove alot of cars but that's how he did it. He didn't want anything to do with a brand new car.

#2,021 ·

with my injuries, i know i wont be able to ride a lot, but i want to ride a bit.
in not looking at new bikes, im looking at 2002-2009 with under 18,000km trying to keep in the 5000-8000km mark which puts me anywhere from $4-8000 for the bike. good range, jsut gotta find one im happy with (or happy to mod!)

#2,022 ·

just make sure the previous owner didn't screw it up. bikes are worse than cars when it comes to that.

and make sure riding one scares the crap out of you. that's how you stay alive. When I realized riding a sport bike at 8/10ths didn't scare me anymore, I sold mine.

#2,023 ·

im really picky with everything, kinda OCD.. so i want even give a bike a 2nd look that has been "dropped from a standstill" amazing how many bikes fall over in the garage...right.....

ive heard that saying to ride soething that scares you to keep alive.
good news, all bikes scare the crap out of e right now because i have no experience on them whatsoever!

#2,025 ·
Depends on the bike really. Except for the Vrod, Harley's wont even keep up with 250cc sport bike. There are some 250 out there that will run with the liter bikes in anything but a straight line Kawasaki and Suzuki both make good 650cc starter bikes. Bigger engines don't always mean more performance. Go to the library and read up some motorcycle magazines to get an idea.

#2,026 ·

ya the harley 883 is a slow bike, but it looks identical to the 1200, and you can buy a 1200 and a 1250 bore kit for it.
so the 883 accepts all the aftermarket parts that fit the 1200.
ive heard the new (2008 i think) ninja 250cc's are peppy little bikes, but they just cant do the highway. the tires are really skinny, they look good from the front, but from the back it looks funny. its classified as a scooter.

i would love a VRod. they look AMAZING. ive seen a few fairly cheap lately too...but im not crazy.

#2,030 ·

well he did get away...
and no i dont drive my car like a dumbass, so i wont ride a bike like one.
just kick back and cruse.

--------

check out what i just got brought in from overseas today!
25 #1 Cuban MONTECHISTO!! CANT WAIT TO FIRE UP THESE BADBOYS.
probably will fire it up tomorrow after work and jump in the hot tub.

----------

ahhh just jumped in the hot tub with some Johnny walker and a cuban. the second i posted that i couldnt wait.

just talked to my dad about the vette and the camaro, he said to get the camaro, its newer with a little less km. im going to check my insurance on them and go from there.
if i get one of those cars and not a bike ill probably sell my eibach pro kit and the mighty mouse mod kit.

#2,032 ·

site is slow the last 2 days..

tough to beat a fresh cuban cigar! Montecristo is my fave cigars.
they are slow burning, and taste great.
tomorrow ill pop open my VSOP and jump in the hot tub again....need to relax ofter 10 days of not working... lol

Reactions: X Rolls-Royce
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.