Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#1,086 ·
First gen people please help with my 2nd gen cts!

okay so since im not getting much help or response in the 2nd gen forum.. i was hoping .. seems like from the threads i been reading you guys all work as a team and help out.. well i live in temecula California.. i need sombody to please help me with installs.. like with suspension and lighting and stuff like that out of their garage.. i would really appreciate it.. you you guys.. especiall this guy named mike but he lives in canada.. help me out

Thanks!

Btw i have an 08 cts di

#1,087 ·
Re: First gen people please help with my 2nd gen cts!

okay so since im not getting much help or response in the 2nd gen forum.. i was hoping .. seems like from the threads i been reading you guys all work as a team and help out.. well i live in temecula California.. i need sombody to please help me with installs.. like with suspension and lighting and stuff like that out of their garage.. i would really appreciate it.. you you guys.. especiall this guy named mike but he lives in canada.. help me out

Thanks!

Btw i have an 08 cts di
Perhaps if you asked a specific question you would get some help faster. Or move to Canada..................:canuck::canuck::canuck:[

#1,089 ·

fairly straight forward question.
sounds like he wants to do some HID fogs, new springs, and probably LED lights where the 08 doesnt have them, but i thought most the bulbs in the 08 were LED to start off with.

sorry im not in Cali, im in Canada

OD are you in Canada???

#1,091 ·
#1,094 ·

LOL ok.. just making sure you were talking about me.
ide rather be a legend than a never was...so thank you :)

#1,098 ·

Ok guys! can anyone help? The rummer is that we help people.
Whats the specific question?

I'm not going to dispute it... but it definitely looks like the 08+ section lacks alot of "DIY" info. Probably because they are still under warranty?

#1,101 ·

Hey ghetto mike.. how much did it cost to install the air suspension on your ride?
why does everyone think i have air suspension???? ive got a few people that asked me this recently.

im just on FE3 shocks with Eibach pro kit springs and 20" rims...havent even driven it yet since the suspension went in.

#1,107 ·

..........cause you been playin' vanishing point with that zr1.........lol
#winning

#1,108 ·
Re: The 1st Gen CTS-V or the 2nd Gen cts

If you're comparing the two generations of V there's not much contest. Personally I'd take a fully-optioned gen 2 V6 over a gen 1 CTS-V and put the spare change into goodies. I drove an '09 CTS4(I believe he said, my knowledge on gen 2 packages is slim) and was blown away by the interior and the goodies over my gen 1. Even my Cobalt was "cooler," albeit much less comfortable and with a lot more hard surfaces.

I'd never let driving ability hold me back though, I'd never driven stick before I bought my SS/SC. I bought it with a cooked clutch and learned on that, it takes an afternoon to learn and a week to become fluent, in my opinion anyway.

#1,109 ·

If it was me I was looking at a 1G cts-V vs. 2G CTS rwd I would take a 07 cts-V ( they are both about 30grand around here...just price estimate)
If it was a cts-4 vs cts-v I woud probably take the cts4 because its a 4 season car.

#1,111 ·

Yeah, from the outside I love my car and I get comments on my "chicken-wire grill"(thank you Mr. Kia Driver-Man), I prefer it even over the gen 1 CTS-V grill.

On the inside the stereo/controls just feel old and it lacks any real connectivity though(Bluetooth, USB, even Aux input). I haven't seen a gen 1 with navigation, so it might just be my car. The giant orange alarm clock letters don't do it for me and they juuuust about freeze at -25*C or so. I start up and the numbers kind of bleed on to the screen.

#1,115 ·

Yeah, from the outside I love my car and I get comments on my "chicken-wire grill"(thank you Mr. Kia Driver-Man), I prefer it even over the gen 1 CTS-V grill.

On the inside the stereo/controls just feel old and it lacks any real connectivity though(Bluetooth, USB, even Aux input). I haven't seen a gen 1 with navigation, so it might just be my car. The giant orange alarm clock letters don't do it for me and they juuuust about freeze at -25*C or so. I start up and the numbers kind of bleed on to the screen.
I think the 1st gen V grill is horribly tacky. Tonnes of chrome, the chrome trim around the mesh is much too thick. The front end of the 1st gen V looks almost as cheap as the base model. The only place you see that much chrome anymore is on pickups and PepBoys/CanadianTire specials...

#1,112 ·

I have never had one negative comment about my car. I get random "nice car/ride" comments every day.

I love the interior also, I have embroidered headrest and rearset also. I ran my own aux input. The navi looks nice in the first gen but I had to go with the sport which does not have the navi.

#1,114 ·

I have never had one negative comment about my car. I get random "nice car/ride" comments every day.

I love the interior also, I have embroidered headrest and rearset also. I ran my own aux input. The navi looks nice in the first gen but I had to go with the sport which does not have the navi.
You could get the NAV with the Sport package. It was the Appearance package and the Performance package that you couldnt get the NAV with. The V handled the TPMS info in the insrument cluster. The V6 handled the TMPS in the DIC. As we knw the DIC gets deleted when you option the NAV.

#1,116 ·

Whichever package I have(wheel perf as far as I can tell) has the best of the gen 1 grilles imo, although there's a color matched red 3.2 around town now and it looks really clean.

Courtesy of Google(not my car, but same grille, same colour:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Seen a pearl white gen 1 CTS-V driving past RMC yesterday; beautiful car, but the grill is over the top. The one above or a color-match is a lot more appealing, to me at least.

#1,117 ·

I agree. That being said, a body-colored V grill can be quite appealing.
IMO, Sport Grill is the best looking. Body colored base or V grill is the 2nd best. 3rd would be unpainted base grill.

If you saw a White gen 1 V, it was either repainted or a V6 with V appearance parts. The gen 1 V was available in black, red, silver, and 2 different greys. It wasnt available in white.

#1,121 ·

I'd chose a newer cts over an 06/07 v. I'm not a fan of stick shifts to be honest, never have been. When I bought mine back in 09 I actually chose my 06 lux package 3.6 with 19k miles over an 05 v with 51k miles. The v was only $1k more but I didn't enjoy driving it not to mention 32k more miles, If I had bought the v it would have like 82k miles on it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.