24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 249
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 253 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 3795
Like Tree457Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Assuming this is a closed track race because street Racing is not allowed to be talked about in This forum. ...
    ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Re: 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread

Assuming this is a closed track race because street Racing is not allowed to be talked about in This forum.
    Slap it into sport mode, mash the gas.

The cts is a heavy car..so keep that in mind when choosing who you are racing against

ClassyCaddys is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 3.6 2004

It is a closed track, my car doesnt have sports mode the button no longer works so which would be best for me keeping it in D or using 4

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    Alright so he didn't follow as close as I thought he did, but you can still see some good twisties and some interesting convo lol. Also, at the very end, you can see me swerving, it still rolls a bit on the one but I was turning HARD. My gf got mad cause she hit her head on the window from it lol.

No sht dude haha you thought you were letting him follow....

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSM View Post

No sht dude haha you thought you were letting him follow....
    Haha maybe next time ill have to put the cam on my car...or get a better follower

TheBrown57 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport

Quick question, is there someone on here that can run a VIN and let me know what repairs have been done to it?

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

PM me the VIN and your email
    TheBrown57 likes this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I was 15 when I learned how to drive manual (closed course on a private property) I owned and drove many manual cars before from different makes, and when I was going to buy a CTS I was so excited to test drive a manual 3.6L thinking I will be sold but then that was the first time in my life where I drove a manual version of a car and was like no this isn't good enough.

So I opted for the sport shifter automatic 3.6L which for me has a much better feel to it all around even in manual shifting (especially if you try to emulate a real manual shift while using it as opposed to shifting with the gas peddle floored)

But I kept saying to myself what if it was just that car, what if my opinion was skewed by some other factor. So I did some digging online and found this MotorTrend 2006 CTS Review .

In it they had this to say about the manual trans in the CTS vs the GM 5L40E 5 speed automatic:

Both engines come standard with a six-speed manual gearbox, but the shifter throws are too lengthy, and the gears don't click home with the ease of the manuals in the BMW 3 Series or Infiniti G35. For those who prefer an automatic transmission, the CTS is offered with the well-crafted five-speed 5L40-E, which is also licensed by BMW for use in the 5 Series.
    What's HOT:
    + Mean 400-hp CTS-V
    + New Sport packages
    + Edgy, modern exterior styling

What's NOT:
    - Clunky manual shifter
    - Base suspension too soft
    - Edgy, cheap interior styling

Counter to conventional sports-sedan wisdom, the CTS with the automatic transmission may be preferable.

I never came across that article before, but there you have it guys the manual transmission on the first gen CTS was voted down in favor of the automatic even by a magazine that sings the manual song every time a sporty car doesn't get one. The manual trans in the first gen CTS lacked a proper shifter, gearing wasn't optimal according to testers and it failed to create enthusiasm amongst what already is a bunch of manual transmission enthusiasts like the MotorTrend journalists and customers like me.

On the other hand it goes without saying, the manual first gen CTS-V and second gen CTS-Vs I've driven were absolutely delightful and would never settle for an automatic flavor of one of those cars, however the first gen V6 it's something else, it deserved a better manual trans treatment.

I can say now I'm convinced it wasn't just me, I can now rest in peace knowing I passed on having a manual CTS for a good reason

TheBrown57 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport

So I found out my Caddy had a Piston, Connecting Rod, and Bearing Replacement done at 51K. Also had a Valve Replacement 200 miles before that. Think that means a new timing belt was installed at that time? If so I have 100k from that point till I need a new one right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrown57 View Post
    So I found out my Caddy had a Piston, Connecting Rod, and Bearing Replacement done at 51K. Also had a Valve Replacement 200 miles before that. Think that means a new timing belt was installed at that time? If so I have 100k from that point till I need a new one right?
    And how did you find that out? Dealer history report? Then the best way to know is to contact that dealer, ask for a detailed part listing used for the vehicle.

this weather is bu!!$h!#!!!!
    ive been out riding a couple times, last week we hit +21, 2 days later is was below 0 and for 6 inches of snow!

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    this weather is bu!!$h!#!!!!
    ive been out riding a couple times, last week we hit +21, 2 days later is was below 0 and for 6 inches of snow!
    Minus Christmas break, I didn't see anything below 34 degrees this year...Florida sure is nice
    TheBrown57 likes this.

Kad4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'

So can we call you a transplant yet ?
    Tlorenzen likes this.

im starting to really notice how crap all the current music is... flow 93.5 just had a club mix of 90s hip hop playing and it brought back some good highschool memories!
    i wish i still had all my old cd's.....

if someone were wanting to download some music...whats a good site?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    im starting to really notice how crap all the current music is... flow 93.5 just had a club mix of 90s hip hop playing and it brought back some good highschool memories!
    i wish i still had all my old cd's.....

if someone were wanting to download some music...whats a good site?
    The ole 90s...the era of great and horrible music haha. I typically just use pandora to meet my music fix, but on specific songs needed, if you can find it on youtube, you can use an online mp3 converter to convert it. Just make sure you're not doing anything illegal or things of the sort..wouldnt want the mods to shun us from our music talk.

I usuaually use youtube-mp3.org no worry of viruses and only download non copywrited videos, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    The ole 90s...the era of great and horrible music haha. I typically just use pandora to meet my music fix, but on specific songs needed, if you can find it on youtube, you can use an online mp3 converter to convert it. Just make sure you're not doing anything illegal or things of the sort..wouldnt want the mods to shun us from our music talk.

I usuaually use youtube-mp3.org no worry of viruses and only download non copywrited videos, of course.
    perfect that will do. seems like a great program to download the audio from my personal youtube uploads.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.