24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 248
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 253 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 3794
Like Tree456Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Well got just about everything done on the CTS that I wanted to get done this weekend. Posted the pics ...
    TheBrown57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport

Re: 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread

Well got just about everything done on the CTS that I wanted to get done this weekend. Posted the pics in the pic thread.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by bagman36 View Post
    I'm wiring 2006 CTS-V seats for my 36 ford streetrod is there a way to bypass all the junk and just make the power seats work and the lumbar work really don't need all the sensors and memory
    best thing to do is get a wiring diagram, then only connect the power and ground wires that control the power seat parts.

i would first figure out which wires are for the air bag in the seat and dead end those, or find out how to remove the airbag safely then just hook the other wires up to a car battery and test till you get the features you want to work.

just dont set off that airbag by accident...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrown57 View Post
    Well got just about everything done on the CTS that I wanted to get done this weekend. Posted the pics in the pic thread.
    since your car is done you can feel free to spend time and money fixing mine now.

stupid me changed out all the shocks and springs last year but didnt change the shock mounts...they are now worn out..

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike
    since your car is done you can feel free to spend time and money fixing mine now. stupid me changed out all the shocks and springs last year but didnt change the shock mounts...they are now worn out..
    I am far from done! I still have a wheel hub to replace and replacing all the lights with LED bulbs.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Looks like y'all know what I'm going to be up to next weekend...Trying to fix this drive line slack...Also got an exhaust leak near passenger cat...shizz...

Now I have the Eibach Springs and sway bar added to the list of things for the CTS, hopefully I can do just about everything this year.

Now I have the Eibach Springs and sway bar added to the list of things for the CTS, hopefully I can do just about everything this year.
    Are you stock right now? I have eibach springs with v sways. The difference over stock is amazing. You won't notice the sways a whole lot until you go and really push the car, but when you do, its all smiles haha. I feel like I gained about 5mph and a ton of confidence on a corner I take all the time. The springs were an instant feel as well.
    TheBrown57 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    Are you stock right now? I have eibach springs with v sways. The difference over stock is amazing. You won't notice the sways a whole lot until you go and really push the car, but when you do, its all smiles haha. I feel like I gained about 5mph and a ton of confidence on a corner I take all the time. The springs were an instant feel as well.
    Awesome! Yeah I still have the stock sport suspension and I plan on being the sweep car for some motorcycle rides so being able to enjoy the back roads is something I am looking forward to

Awesome! Yeah I still have the stock sport suspension and I plan on being the sweep car for some motorcycle rides so being able to enjoy the back roads is something I am looking forward to
    You will be amazed at how small the front sway bar is compared to the new bars you get, whether it be V (cheaper) or the eibach bars. (slightly stiffer?) Also, I put a strut bar from the ls2 v in and it actually made a difference, not a huge one, but the initial response from the car is quicker and overall feels tighter. I may be looking for a rear x brace towards the end of summer as I can sometimes hear the car creek when taking it sideways through dips.

My friend followed me on some twisties the other night with a gopro. He said the car looked really flat and agressive in the corners. I'll see if I can get the vids from him.
    TheBrown57 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    You will be amazed at how small the front sway bar is compared to the new bars you get, whether it be V (cheaper) or the eibach bars. (slightly stiffer?) Also, I put a strut bar from the ls2 v in and it actually made a difference, not a huge one, but the initial response from the car is quicker and overall feels tighter. I may be looking for a rear x brace towards the end of summer as I can sometimes hear the car creek when taking it sideways through dips.

My friend followed me on some twisties the other night with a gopro. He said the car looked really flat and agressive in the corners. I'll see if I can get the vids from him.
    Now I really can't wait to have the extra $ to install these! Going to start with the springs and then move to the sway bars. Post the video up if ya can. I'd love to see what it looks like. First purchase for the CTS will be maintenance stuff: timing belt, plugs, valve cover gaskets, going to change the thermostat while I'm at it and the temp sensor. Think I need to replace the water pump as well? 145k on her now

Now I really can't wait to have the extra $ to install these! Going to start with the springs and then move to the sway bars. Post the video up if ya can. I'd love to see what it looks like. First purchase for the CTS will be maintenance stuff: timing belt, plugs, valve cover gaskets, going to change the thermostat while I'm at it and the temp sensor. Think I need to replace the water pump as well? 145k on her now
    Alright so he didn't follow as close as I thought he did, but you can still see some good twisties and some interesting convo lol. Also, at the very end, you can see me swerving, it still rolls a bit on the one but I was turning HARD. My gf got mad cause she hit her head on the window from it lol.

TheBrown57 likes this.

Welcome to Ontario Canada...shortest riding season, highest insurance rates!

Snake Enterprises is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    just checked, negative for both.
    Hey Mike were you able to find any of those bushings? I'm looking for some as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Enterprises View Post
    Hey Mike were you able to find any of those bushings? I'm looking for some as well.
    What bushings?

Hey guys, how many quarts of transmission fluid do I need for a change? Filter is being changed as well.

ClassyCaddys is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 3.6 2004

PRND432

I want to race my car it is a Cadillac CTS 2004, i am wondering if i will have faster acceleration if i race in "4" instead of using "D" i noticed that 4 feels much more torquey and i will be racing from a dead stop like at a red light.

My understanding of our gear selector is that
    2 lets you use gears 1-2
    3 lets you use gears 1-3
    4 lets you use gears 1-4
    D lets you use gears 1-5 and overdrive

in my race i would not need gear 5 nor overdrive so which should i use.... and why and please tell me if my understanding of our gears is correct

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.