24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 243
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 243 of 254 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3803
Like Tree457Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by ghettomike theres a chance i stick with cadillac... i just found a 2007 cts-v with 50km online... ...
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    theres a chance i stick with cadillac... i just found a 2007 cts-v with 50km online... waiting for the carfax report then going to run the history... if it checks out im going in at 20 grand (5 under list)
    tint, HID fogs and electronic muffler bypasses will be done asap if i get it!

i also found a 2010 camaro SS with 1000miles on it for 30 grand.. ide do 30 on the road...
    A very low mileage 07 v is next on my list...or the new c7 or ats-v depending on where I land after school. My friend went from the 3.6 cts to a 10 ss and wishes he wouldve got a 2g v.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    A very low mileage 07 v is next on my list...or the new c7 or ats-v depending on where I land after school. My friend went from the 3.6 cts to a 10 ss and wishes he wouldve got a 2g v.
    a 2g cts-v is double the price of a 2010 SS and 1g CTS-V....at least in canada. its also about 125 hp more in the 2g CTS-v depending on if he got a auto or manual SS
    auto SS is 400hp, manual SS is 428 HP
    CTS-V 1 g is 400 HP
    CTS-V 2g is 556hp

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    a 2g cts-v is double the price of a 2010 SS and 1g CTS-V....at least in canada. its also about 125 hp more in the 2g CTS-v depending on if he got a auto or manual SS
    auto SS is 400hp, manual SS is 428 HP
    CTS-V 1 g is 400 HP
    CTS-V 2g is 556hp

He (mickmosh on the forums here)got the manual. He probably would have got the 09/10v so it wouldnt have been much more. He just tells me every time he sees a 2g v he regrets his decision haha.

Not that im trying to convey you either way. Dont get me wrong, he still loves his ss, but if he did it again he probably would have spent the extra.

TheBrown57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport

Update on the CTS Prime.
    Waiting for more LED strips to come in the mail to put under the dash to light with the subs. I have already ran the wire on the driver side and hid it so all I need is the LED's.
    Planning on getting a ported box for the Alpines as well since the sealed they came in has seen better days
    Both engine mounts have been replaced now and after I get some Xmas money the front right wheel hub will be replaced.
    I think I need to replace the Tranny mounts as it still thunks when slowing down sometimes
    Been contemplating my next car in a couple years after the CTS is paid off. I'm leaning towards an HHR (SS if I can find one) due to my constant travels and normally driving friends (I am a horrible back seat driver so I tend to be the DD so to speak)
    Thoughts on the HHR? I've driven one before and i really like the feel of the car and with the battery being in the back installing the subs and amps I have planned will be a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrown57 View Post
    Update on the CTS Prime.
    Waiting for more LED strips to come in the mail to put under the dash to light with the subs. I have already ran the wire on the driver side and hid it so all I need is the LED's.
    Planning on getting a ported box for the Alpines as well since the sealed they came in has seen better days
    Both engine mounts have been replaced now and after I get some Xmas money the front right wheel hub will be replaced.
    I think I need to replace the Tranny mounts as it still thunks when slowing down sometimes
    Been contemplating my next car in a couple years after the CTS is paid off. I'm leaning towards an HHR (SS if I can find one) due to my constant travels and normally driving friends (I am a horrible back seat driver so I tend to be the DD so to speak)
    Thoughts on the HHR? I've driven one before and i really like the feel of the car and with the battery being in the back installing the subs and amps I have planned will be a piece of cake.
    when i first saw the HHR i laughed, the salesman who i knew was shocked and said what weve been selling a lot of them... i replied ya probably to old lady's and in powder blue..... he said yes...

there was more the the conversation, like how i thought it looked like a pt loser, apparently gm hired the designer of the pt to work on this car(i never looked into it to see if tat was true or not)

i wouldnt drive one.

Oefootball_70 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS
    No HHR for me. If you need the space get a SS trailblazer.

TheBrown57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Oefootball_70 View Post
    No HHR for me. If you need the space get a SS trailblazer.
    I want space and decent mpg. Not to mention I see Trailblazers everywhere (also see CTS's everywhere now) I like to own something you don't see a lot and make it my own. The HHR fits pretty much all those areas not to mention the system I can put in it. I'm a bit of a basshead and being able to do the 4 sub stack and other such things while still having cargo room and decent mpg is great IMO. Not everyone likes the look of the HHR but the same can be said for the CTS.

Planktron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 5M Luxury/Sport: V rear bumper and V exhaust
    I think the HHR SS panel wagon is one of the coolest cars GM made. And you could get it with a 6 speed IIRC. Probably super rare though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    CTSM likes this.

well its that time of year again... mod the bike.
    so to start off i picked up a Bazzaz A FI fuel programmer and im going to get a K&N intake on her, do a few airbox mods and probably pick up a white tail section and solo cowl.
    TheBrown57 likes this.

So I got a silly question I didn't want to waste a thread on. I recently learned my car has a V rear bumper which got me thinking about the exhaust. Through searching I found something saying all 03's came with single exhaust, is this true? If so... I'm wondering what kind of exhaust the previous owner may have installed with the V bumper. It sure does have a nice note and some burble/pop on downshifting

I was also wondering about the license plate area. In all the pics I've seen this is a grayish plastic. Would you guess this one's been painted or is it likely a V part also?

Attached Images

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

The bumper is a rear V bumper. The reverse lights and trim piece is either that of V or 3.6L/2.8L CTS they are all the same really. The exhaust doesn't look like a 3.6L sport one (that's the only CTS dual exhaust with stainless tips) I would venture to say it`s a V exhaust. Measure the piping's diameter and report back (not the tip's diameters just the piping to the mufflers)

fact4ever is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

Hello people.

Ok so i have a first generation 2003 cadillac cts.. I have a problem in wich i think my cadillac cts is not responding the way it has to be. When i step on the gas it hassles to take off, I can hear the engine revin hard but the power is not beeing delivered to the weels. it makes this kind of noise like it has a leaf on the engine. Also when im doing 40 mph in the highway and i step full throttle i can hear the engine revin. on the dash the rpm shows 6 x1000 rmp. but the car goes nowhere. I have to take my foot of the peddal and press it again so the shift into gear. Can somebody help?

make sure you arent leaking tranny fluid

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the original 2003 and early 2004 license plate pocket was discontinued and replaced with the 2004-2007 painted style
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by CTSM View Post
    The bumper is a rear V bumper. The reverse lights and trim piece is either that of V or 3.6L/2.8L CTS they are all the same really. The exhaust doesn't look like a 3.6L sport one (that's the only CTS dual exhaust with stainless tips) I would venture to say it`s a V exhaust. Measure the piping's diameter and report back (not the tip's diameters just the piping to the mufflers)
    Looks like 2.5". The mufflers are GM parts.

Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.