24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 238
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 253 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3794
Like Tree456Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; This is nasty, like. Originally Posted by odthetruth...
    agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6L Sport | R1 drilled/slotted

Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

This is nasty, like.

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

FU@@#@#$@#$%!@#$%!#$%!#$%!#$%^&*o%$%@#@#$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that that is temporarily out of my system...
    so for the first time ever a couple months ago i took my cts to Mr.Lube to have the oil changed... it was raining, i was lazy... and figured hell i worked there once upon a time and we never Effed anything up... right?

well... i went to change my own oil today and when i pulled the drain plug out shavings of metal were wedged in te drain plug threads...oh the horror, i knew this meant they overtightened it or cross threaded it. then i noticed the whole drainplug and pan covered in primer paint (so, its common practice of mr lube to paint over any potential leaks...again, i useto work there...) then i notied my plastic oil filter cover was also covered in primer... luckily i think the fool just went spraypaint crazy because i didnt notice anything wrong with that housing.

so fearing the worst i went to carfully put the drainplug back in.. tough starting it so i did it verry carefully by feel..she went in...almost snugged up then got loose again.
    so i think they overtigntened it and ripped some of the threads out.

before i go back there and freak out, im checking with the dealer who ive got connections with to see if they can or will tap the threads and put in a bigger drain plug... now i really doubt it because i believe it is aluminum.

so anyone on here have this happen to them? any real solutions other than a new oil pan.... i just put in 4 new shocks and springs then did a timing job, waterpump and a crapload more... if this drainpan is going to cost me more than $500 the car is going up for sale and im putting one of those temp plugs in with the butterfly nut...
    ill go buy something new... FACK!!!![COLOR="Silver"]

----------
    re tapped the drain and put in a bigger drain plug... im never letting someone else do my oil again.

Tlorenzen is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    Ouch man. Yup.. another reason I dont have a problem doing my oil myself.

Ya..not impressed. I know how mr lube does things. .I worked at one years ago. We didnt mess up any cars, always careful. There was 1 time though the manager messed up a transmissiin pan service, I think he polished the pan too much and warped the rim, couldnt get it to seal even with the new gasket... he soaked it in spray paint to cover it up and "seal" it....

So whats your thoughts on the 2013 camaros?
    If I got one ide really want a v8, but ive got inside info that a dealer overordered and paint colors with options that are harder to sell...engines unknown at this time but apparently most are manual trannys.

I don't like them as much as the 14 lol. I would never get a camaro/stang/challenger with a v6 either. It would have to be a manual. I've rode in mickmosh's 11 ss and its definitely a fun car. He lost some of the refinement he had in his cts. He says he would never go back simply because of the power but he does miss it every now and then lol.

If I was looking at a new ss, I'd definitely be thinking long and hard at getting a used cts-v coupe(he wishes he would've went that route)...Especially when the 3rd gen launches..prices should drop quite a bit.

and now ive got a check engine light...
    i think my car want me to sell it.....

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

I think it wants to be a different colour, lol.
    Kad4Life and Tlorenzen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Argent1 View Post
    I think it wants to be a different colour, lol.
    NEVER!

i cleared the codes, that means its fixed right? lol
    Argent1 and TheBrown57 like this.

lets see if this works.
    Contour +2 at 330am...and ive never uploaded to youtube before.. it should have some music added shortly...i think lol

youtube really kills the video quality...
    http://contour.com/stories/cbr600rr-test

and heres one from today, unfortunately ... this is the best road to ride on near me so tomorrow im going to go for a bit of a ride out of the city if i get a chance...but check out the houses on this road. Tie Domi's old house is in this video.
    TheBrown57 likes this.

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    FU@@#@#$@#$%!@#$%!#$%!#$%!#$%^&*o%$%@#@#$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that that is temporarily out of my system...
    so for the first time ever a couple months ago i took my cts to Mr.Lube to have the oil changed... it was raining, i was lazy... and figured hell i worked there once upon a time and we never Effed anything up... right?

well... i went to change my own oil today and when i pulled the drain plug out shavings of metal were wedged in te drain plug threads...oh the horror, i knew this meant they overtightened it or cross threaded it. then i noticed the whole drainplug and pan covered in primer paint (so, its common practice of mr lube to paint over any potential leaks...again, i useto work there...) then i notied my plastic oil filter cover was also covered in primer... luckily i think the fool just went spraypaint crazy because i didnt notice anything wrong with that housing.

so fearing the worst i went to carfully put the drainplug back in.. tough starting it so i did it verry carefully by feel..she went in...almost snugged up then got loose again.
    so i think they overtigntened it and ripped some of the threads out.

before i go back there and freak out, im checking with the dealer who ive got connections with to see if they can or will tap the threads and put in a bigger drain plug... now i really doubt it because i believe it is aluminum.

so anyone on here have this happen to them? any real solutions other than a new oil pan.... i just put in 4 new shocks and springs then did a timing job, waterpump and a crapload more... if this drainpan is going to cost me more than $500 the car is going up for sale and im putting one of those temp plugs in with the butterfly nut...
    ill go buy something new... FACK!!!![COLOR="Silver"]

----------
    re tapped the drain and put in a bigger drain plug... im never letting someone else do my oil again.
    A little too late but just as an FYI for everybody else I saw this method by Eric the Car Guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaNls0uuOUs

Quote Originally Posted by CTSM View Post
    A little too late but just as an FYI for everybody else I saw this method by Eric the Car Guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaNls0uuOUs
    ya not relevant on all cars... i tried that too..the cts doesnt have many threads in the oil pan.

Not gonna lie. The front look sooo sexy in real life. nom nom nom.
    TheBrown57 likes this.

sandalet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-2003, 3.2 automatic

This girl called her mother during a race)

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

That new CTS is starting to grow on me. I hated it at first. I still think there are way too many creases all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    That new CTS is starting to grow on me. I hated it at first. I still think there are way too many creases all over the place.
    Never enough creases in a cadillac. 2g v2 ftw. Im definitely gonna miss the tall brake lights though..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.