24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 235
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 235 of 254 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3798
Like Tree457Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by odthetruth 6k is perfect for lows and fogs. Looks good in terms of color too. idk why ...
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    6k is perfect for lows and fogs. Looks good in terms of color too. idk why the HIDs on highbeams though... since HIDs normally take a second to warm up, and you generally flash highbeams for the most part... At least I do.
    When I go home I'm mostly in rural driving with a lot of deer. So at home this will be great; at school probably wont use them as much. But, when the highbeams do get turned on they seem to have a "flash" of brightness then go dim and then warm up, so I don't think I've lost that flash function.. I mostly just didn't want different colored lights going down the road haha. And the extra brightness is great in either aspect.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Are the high beams and low beams both 9006 bulbs? And is the battery wiring harness necessary? I would imagine it is, but its optional on SharpHID's website. That is a night and day difference. I need this.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

3 hr drive home yeaterday. Some roads had up to 10 feet of water in areas. Downtown toronto there was a guy out in a canoe.
    Cant believe how much rain we got just In a couple hours. Lots of broken down cars... some stuck in the puddles. I passed a few still in the sides of the highways this morning.

Radio just said 126mm of rain

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    Are the high beams and low beams both 9006 bulbs? And is the battery wiring harness necessary? I would imagine it is, but its optional on SharpHID's website. That is a night and day difference. I need this.
    I used 9005 for highbeams and 9006 for low beams. Honestly I didn't notice a size difference between the two but they work great. I didn't get the harness. Used 3m tape and 2 small pieces of tin roofing which also worked great lol. I have pics on my phone..will make a thread upload when my internet gets fixed..

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    3 hr drive home yeaterday. Some roads had up to 10 feet of water in areas. Downtown toronto there was a guy out in a canoe.
    Cant believe how much rain we got just In a couple hours. Lots of broken down cars... some stuck in the puddles. I passed a few still in the sides of the highways this morning.

Wow man that sucks. It was about like that at home a few months ago. Know how it is. Wish all the best.

TheBrown57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport

My addiction to hardstyle music has resurfaced
    Tlorenzen likes this.

CTS-QC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6L V6 RWD Performance

Be careful not to be tempted to buy a flood damaged car. There's going to be lots on the market and it's going to be tough to give up a too good to be true deal on a nice CTS-V. Rust on interior parts is an indication that it has been a flood. So is moisture inside the tail lights.

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-QC View Post
    Be careful not to be tempted to buy a flood damaged car. There's going to be lots on the market and it's going to be tough to give up a too good to be true deal on a nice CTS-V. Rust on interior parts is an indication that it has been a flood. So is moisture inside the tail lights.
    GM will usually void tha warranty on them..thats the hint of something happened and it was bad. the electrical would be a nightmare.

i actually decided to give the car at least 1 last year, i could buy a new one but i just really love my cts.
    so all new suspension went in, and next week on on a bike trip for 5-7 days leaving monday morning, so the cts is getting dropped of for a lot of maintenance.
    timing belt, water pump, coolant lines, tranny flush (may ask for partial rebuilt... use the good gears swap out what looks worn, plugs, compression test, a/c recharge mif it needs it, and im going to start pulling the interior apart when i get back to plasti dip the centre console that is peeling up, and the steeling wheel key frtame.
    it should look like and run like new.
    the seats are worn but im not putting another 5k into it.

the seats are worn but im not putting another 5k into it.
    There's a full set of cts-v seats near me for $600. Had both fronts back and center console.

They arent all that bad. I would have a tough time finding anything used I would be happy with.
    Im overly picky.
    Some people say "mint condition..only 1 rip." I would call that junk.

Im sure with a little cleaner kine would look great.

Yeah I know how that is. Here's what they are..just so you have an idea.

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/pts/3817737192.html

For y'all that like mackelmore and caddys ha.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

They actually posted a thread for a casting call for the video shoot for that song last month
    the shoot is in a few days
    it will be something like the 6th single from that album...
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ting-call.html
    Tlorenzen likes this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

just got back from my 4 day trip.
    left monday headed north to help a buddy with his basement. rode bikes all week, hung out on the military base (another buddy is living on) for a bit, rod with him too. found some twisty country sideroads.
    i did over 600km since monday and had a top speed of 230.3km.hr...man im tired....the rain on the way home sucked a little too.
    one night we were out on a twisty road and i had to stop every 16km to clean off my visor, couldnt see from all the bugs splatter.

TheBrown57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport

Heading to Louisville tomorrow for the weekend. Will be sleeping in my car xD

Separate note: Going to have a 2003 STS with less than 60k for sale here soon and a 21ft SeaRay ski boat with a 302 in it.
    Details to come later

sandalet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-2003, 3.2 automatic

I've never been in the U.S.. But why do I have heart aches when I hear the news from Detroit ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.