24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 186
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 249 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3729
Like Tree443Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; i found a black 2012 Ninja 650r for 7 grand with 2500km on her...barely broken in. im going to call ...
    ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L / 09 CBR 600rr - Bazzaz tuned

Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

i found a black 2012 Ninja 650r for 7 grand with 2500km on her...barely broken in.
    im going to call my insurance company this week and since its a sport touring bike if they will cover me on it for the same price as my harley im going to go check it out.
    my ins company wont cover supersports, but my harley is $527/year. i just got a quote on a 2007 GSX-R 600 from another company and they wanted between 3-4 grand...forget that..if i cant get a reasonable rate ill grab a V-Rod and the price will be the same as what i pay on my sportster... go figure...canadian insurance companies...pfff...

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

damn. I was paying $250/yr on my ZX6R.

i wish i paid that.. if our insurance didnt cost more than a car payment i would have more than 1 car.
    i remember when i was 20 i paid $500/month on a 2 year old s10/sonoma when i turned 21 the rate dropped to something like 3 or 400/month but still its insane..that was basic coverage and to get it without full coverage i had to pay cash for the truck..

when i got my cts i was paying 130 ish a month..its gone up to around 200/month without getting any tickets at all...

Everyone's insurance is going up. And it's not just the insurance companies making more money. In the US, they have to account for every dollar made and spent.

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    ive heard a lot of guys say they sold their 1000cc supersports because they almost got killed a lot of times buy also had too much confidence on the bike.
    Everyone always says that about 1000cc's sport bikes. Its simply because they have no idea what they are doing when they get that big of a bike to start on. It really has nothing to do with the bike, its the rider. Example, guns dont shoot themselves. Its an ego thing... 1000cc bike of any kind, is not for a amateur rider.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    That V can't put that much power on the ground. It's a waste. It would be lucky to see low 10s.

A 600cc with $200 worth of straps and sprocket (and a very brave rider) will break 10.
    My 600rr bone stock ran low 10's. Skill not bravery is what got me down the track.

I never went down. Had a couple close calls that didn't scare me so I hung em up. I just don't have the time or money or skill for track days.
    You dont understand the point of doing track days. It helps you build your skill, no skill is required to start doing track days. You learn more in one TD then you do an entire year of riding.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrown57 View Post
    I know of 600's with more HP than my 9.
    EFI makes a hell of a difference.

A 600 with a power commander, exhaust and gearing can be ridiculous.

Power to weight ratio is the name of the game.
    Dude, you DO NOT get that much power from bolt on external mods. The most power i have seen in a 600 is about 132 and thats a supersport race bike, (not street legal). average hp for a 600 is 95-113. With suzuki taking the lead for a long time. Now kawasaki has blown the doors off the competition as far as power goes. I had an hrc race kit in my 600rr that cost me 3k. My bike stock had 97 hp, after the kit was installed it dynoed at 121 rwhp. thats 3000 in internal upgrades and another 2000 in exhaust, reducing rotational mass, (marchseni rims) and a complete bazzaz engine management system.

TheBrown57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport
    My bad I always get GSXRs mixed up. friends 750 makes 145 my 9 makes 132 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK View Post
    You dont understand the point of doing track days. It helps you build your skill, no skill is required to start doing track days. You learn more in one TD then you do an entire year of riding.
    You don't understand that I have two kids and an unemployed wife. Roughly translated, that reads: no free time, no disposable income

BlackCadillac91 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
    Mike get the 2013 ninja 650 with abs.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCadillac91 View Post
    Mike get the 2013 ninja 650 with abs.
    i assume the abs is only on the front wheel?
    it could get really harry if it were on the rear as the course i took says if it starts skidding ride it out dont let off the rear brake.

You don't understand that I have two kids and an unemployed wife. Roughly translated, that reads: no free time, no disposable income
    this translates to someone who has their priorities in order.
    sometimes you cant have all the toys.
    im single so i can buy whatever my bank account allows for...but im a cheap ass...so i want a good deal on everything! LoL
    TheBrown57 and TheBrown57 like this.

enjoy it now brother. and post it up so i can live vicariously through you.

as for the rear brake locking up; you want to ride it out because if you let off the brakes, you are going to introduce weight transfer, which is what you do NOT want when you are on the edge of stability. and abs system will pulse the brakes, and still keep your weight balance from getting chaotic.
    SHORTSTACK and SHORTSTACK like this.

i know abs is somewhat new to bikes, so ill wait to hear some reviews from guys who actually kicked in the abs.
    i think it couls be a good thing on the highway thoug, ive heard of guys riding straight and locking up the rear wheel.

so i almost got ran over about 20 min ago...about 1 foot from my driveway. i live on a quiet side street, one guy outside painting his driveway so i roll my bike to the road havent even fired it up but lights are on (i usually fire it up and pull off my road slowly then let her warm up at the other end of the neighborhood).
    crazy old man in a pickup driving slow down the road decides to drive on the wrong side of the road and almost hit me. i swear he did it on purpose.
    as someone who has been hit by one old lady who shouldnt be on the road i really want to know what i can do to get this fool off the road before he kills someone.
    my bike being there is irrelevant to this situation (other than i cut my ride short because i was pissed off) me standing on the road is not a invitation to have someone aim their truck at me.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

What do you consider old ?
    Call his plate in, the cops will call him or pay him a visit,and slap his wrist. At least he will know he is being watched.

What do I consider old...
    That's a tough one but...
    The old lady that hit me in a car 6 years ago was about 70 and she totally effed me over.. Her daughter following in the car behind her because she didn't trust her to drive home...(Typing this on my blackberry while I'm at physio for that exact injury...seriously....)
    The old man on my street is pushin 80.

I say drive testing and vision tests along with a sanity test should be done annually past age 65.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.