24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 184
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 254 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 234 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3798
Like Tree457Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Safety wire...
    TheBrown57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport

Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

Safety wire

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    Compression test on V... 180+ across the board

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    Compression test on V... 180+ across the board
    as long as they are even u are good!

man i really want a sport bike.... trying to decide if he 2012 ninja 650 sport touring will satisfy what i want or if i have to go wit a R6 or other ss

Yeah, no major derivations or anything. Engines in stout condition. Threw in some new NGKs, new diff bushing and block... fixed an axle seal... changed out shifter linkage and some more bushings... In the mix of that, Reverse sensor crapped out. Need to order one now. RIPPY!!! LOL

The new diff bushing and block are a godsend... not really for any hard launches, etc... but the drivetrain clunk these Vs are notorious for. Its basically 90% eliminated. It felt so good driving it and shifting up at lower RPMs with no clunk.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post

man i really want a sport bike.... trying to decide if he 2012 ninja 650 sport touring will satisfy what i want or if i have to go wit a R6 or other ss
    If you are comfortable knee-dragging, get a supersport. If not, get a sport touring bike.

If you are comfortable knee-dragging, get a supersport. If not, get a sport touring bike. You won't go any faster on a supersport unless you have balls of steel.

2012 ZX14R all the way

That's a big bike better suited to the dragstrip. I wonder how it does it the twisties though.

I just read a review, and no surprise, they picked the kawi as the best handling hyperbike. Kawi has always had the best chassis, but I was surprised to read that the ZX14 is very easy to control.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I just read a review, and no surprise, they picked the kawi as the best handling hyperbike. Kawi has always had the best chassis, but I was surprised to read that the ZX14 is very easy to control.
    I was being serious lol it has power control settings which allow you to limit how much power you can get. I have a friend with a 08 and he's a beast at riding that thing. They are fast when need to be and comfy for long trips. You stretch in then ya drag strip only pretty much but stock wheel base and you can carve up the back roads with the best of em if ya have the skill. Even if you don't you can catch up in the straights

they've gotten lighter too. I think the old ZX12 and busas were over 600 lbs.

If you are comfortable knee-dragging, get a supersport. If not, get a sport touring bike. You won't go any faster on a supersport unless you have balls of steel.
    im looking at 600cc...wont go bigger, really no need for that around here.
    its not the power, its the handling that matters to me. i cant see myself dragging my knees. also, the look of the bike plays a big factor to me.

ill probably try to do some demo days early next year and see what i like then go from there...unless i find a good deal in the off season.

i think i need a bigger bank account, lately ive been thinking that i need a corvette...LOL

its not the power, its the handling that matters to me. i cant see myself dragging my knees. also, the look of the bike plays a big factor to me.

ill probably try to do some demo days early next year and see what i like then go from there...unless i find a good deal in the off season.

i think i need a bigger bank account, lately ive been thinking that i need a corvette...LOL
    You can find a good C5 for about 15k and under. If you could get a C5 Z06... you'd be set.

I'm glad I got my V. Its exactly what I wanted out of a car. 4 door, 5 seat, sunroof and nav, all leather, looks good, drives good, sounds great with headers and cutouts with no cats. Paid $14k for the car... just crossed over 130,036 miles today. Compression test was done yesterday, and that was 180+ across the board. Engines in good condition, everythings going pretty good with it. Have to replace that 1 sensor, and thats about it. Tune coming on the 15th.

If you aren't going to hang your ass off the seat, there is no sense in getting a supersport. A touring bike will handle just as well and be just as fast on the street as a supersport.

If you aren't going to hang your ass off the seat, there is no sense in getting a supersport. A touring bike will handle just as well and be just as fast on the street as a supersport.
    yer probably right... i like the look of the new ninja 650's and for 2013 they come in white. ill check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    You can find a good C5 for about 15k and under. If you could get a C5 Z06... you'd be set.

I'm glad I got my V. Its exactly what I wanted out of a car. 4 door, 5 seat, sunroof and nav, all leather, looks good, drives good, sounds great with headers and cutouts with no cats. Paid $14k for the car... just crossed over 130,036 miles today. Compression test was done yesterday, and that was 180+ across the board. Engines in good condition, everythings going pretty good with it. Have to replace that 1 sensor, and thats about it. Tune coming on the 15th.
    i dont really like the pop up headlights on the C5. i would go with the c6.
    i love the V. i wonder what the V coupe will go for by next summer...probably still going to be wayyy up there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.