24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 174
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 249 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3730
Like Tree443Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by odthetruth I've seen alot of performance threads for horsepower, etc recently here... along with oil catch cans. ...
    ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L / 09 CBR 600rr - Bazzaz tuned

Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    I've seen alot of performance threads for horsepower, etc recently here... along with oil catch cans.
    Anyone actually dragging their V6 at the track? No ETs and traps?
    V6 is slow... but i put one 4cyl 1/4mi in 11.957 and another one into high 12's low 13's just because i couldnt hook the wheels....
    but they were both talon turbos..and one was pushing 175shot and 45psi supra fuel pump, big injectors GM Maf translator(i think the maf was off a vette...cant remember exactly) wideband and a exhaust cutout with a external wastegate on the turbo.....they wernt exactly stock...

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I've been putting alot into the suspension. I'm overhauling all the shocks and springs coming up soon. Caught a great deal on some lightly used FE4s with springs (under 10k miles easy) for $100. Going to be changing the shift rod linkage (bought it for $20!!! LOL) Picked up some creative steel shifter bushings, and some T56 bushings for the trans side. Trying to tighten up the shifter feel. I already have a custom short shifter set up. I'm on UMI motor mounts (which are poly \ solid mounts) and CS trans mount. Also have to change my diff bushing and install the block I got for the diff also. All these parts just sitting for now... hoping to get some free time at my mechanic's shop, and get to work. Hoping to have it all done by the 18th... before I take my nice trip out of town to the gun range. I'm thinking... all 4 shocks and springs, diff bushing, shifter linkages... maybe cost me about $200 installed. Probably less. Mechanic is basically family.

I'd hope for a high 12 second run and be happy with it for the V (considering stock they run about 13.3ish from capable forum members), but its impossible to get a good 60' in the V1 from what it seems. A sub 2 second 60' seems like it never happens without a fully replaced rear end. Its been such a huge change from the 03 to the V. The V feels so much more correct. The car is also my DD to and from work... so I don't feel like assassinating it just yet. Maybe next year. lol

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

My best time was 13.5. That was stock (except for the axles which didn't do squat) on Goodyear RS-A. From a roll. If you could launch the V1, it would easily be an upper 12 second car stock.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

As for my 06 3.6, I couldn't even spin the tires. Unless I did a brake stall.

BlackCadillac91 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
    Quote Originally Posted by Argent1 View Post
    FYI.........60 mph is not 120 kph. 100 kph is 62 mph.
    Just sayin'.
    Sorry, I knew that lol just was thinking double of 60 for some reason when I typed that.

Od that'll be a fun car with some stiffer suspension. You need to learn to get that saloon sideways! Idk, for me theres nothing more fun than drifting. I get alot of crap for that from the more "traditional" car folk. But then I take them for a ride, show them how it's done, and then they get addicted lol

As for the v6 being slow... It's no rocket ship but they do move pretty well. My 06 3.6 would spin the tires from a dead stop. Thought that was such a blast lol... Now it seems boring after having a mustang that spins the tires at 40 -_-

Still loved my CTS though wish I could have kept it. I may get a V eventually but more likely I'll go for a vette. I have no need for the extra seats, and a vette has always been my (realistic) dream car
    TheBrown57 and TheBrown57 like this.

TheBrown57 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2 Luxury Sport
    What is this a car forum?!
    Back to motorcycles!

New windscreen
    Before:

After

New LED's installed

Ride on KY rt22 this past Sat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjOlOZdOLPo
    ghettomike and ghettomike like this.

Looks great!
    What's the paint job on that cbr? Got any pics of it, I want to show. You friend.
    I rode mine to work today, it's a stat holiday so it's must me and a few other guys here. Went out and fired it up and reverse it up to hear the pipes. I felt kinda bad this morning starting it before 5 am on my street lol.

He told me he sourced the plastics from China after wrecking it

2008 Honda CBR600 Graffiti

Here's an entire album he has
    http://www.ohioriders.net/album.php?albumid=1508

that cbr looks amazing with the white graffiti plastics, ive only seen it in black here. i know USA has different color options for that bike than canada. my friend ordered honda OEM white plastics from usa so he could make his have white lower fairings.
    his old plastics were the Chinese ones...he said they didnt fir right but i think that was because some tabs were broken from the guy he got it from and it was half oem and half Chinese...so the colors didnt match right either.

that road you guys were riding on looked amazing!!!
    i brought mine to work today, some nice empty roads into work, and had a blas on the way home, never realised how much oil is really on the road until you are on a bike at a stoplight and put your nike shox into a puddle of goop..

BlackCadillac91 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
    Awesome man that cbr is friggin sweet looking for sure! The LEDs look cool too I was going to do the same thing with blue. I picked up some vht tint spray for my windshield as well just never got around to doing it lol

LED's came from XKGlow on Amazon, they have different colors and mine cost me $40. Easy to install and they are bright! Pictures don't do em justice

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrown57 View Post
    LED's came from XKGlow on Amazon, they have different colors and mine cost me $40. Easy to install and they are bright! Pictures don't do em justice
    i was thinking about putting some red LED's on mine.

--------------------

so im just trying to sort a few things out still, but looks like ill be going to a NRHS 1250cc bore kit with Power Vision tuner. i should be pushing about 80whp when the engine build is done...if i go through with it. just pricing things out now with the company that makes the engine bore kit.
    TheBrown57 and TheBrown57 like this.

Maybe look at Street bob prices of you want to stick with Harley. Friend has on with the 96ci engine that is really nice. I know that if I get a cruiser again it's gonna be the Triumph Rocket III. Harley's wouldn know what to think lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrown57 View Post
    Maybe look at Street bob prices of you want to stick with Harley. Friend has on with the 96ci engine that is really nice. I know that if I get a cruiser again it's gonna be the Triumph Rocket III. Harley's wouldn know what to think lol
    dont want another cruiser... i want to do the big bore kit just because it exists and i can make mine louder, faster and more badass!
    its actually the reason i bought the fuel injected sportster 883. cheap insurance, abundance of after-market parts, and able to bump it up to be faster than the sportster 1200 for less than the cost of the 1200 and all these plug in tuners that you push a button and change everything.

ill be getting a sport bike next, this engine build with tuning should cost me $800-1500 when its done....so the sport bike may be delayed..and im still thinking about building a custom chopper.. but ill have to learn to weld.
    -------------

i was just at a booth in the mall picking up a bandanna to hide some wires on my bike, the lady at the cash was passed out. i felt bad to wake her for $2 sale but woke her anyway. i put my helmet on the ground which happened to be behind a post (where her power outlet is) i saw her keep looking behind it to look at it...then out of nowhere she says "Harley? vroom vroom...yes?" (Asian lady...puts out her hand and does a wrist twist just like the throttle..it was awesome) i was a little shocked and said ya...i was wearing my Vegas Harley Davidson shirt, thats how she knew i had a Harley.

then she pipes up " you know the Harley sound is trademarked, and they made it by accident" i was more shocked..and said ya i know they trademarked the sound.
    then she says "yes the original motor designer was going to make it at 45 degrees and he made a mistake and made it at 47, which made it sound like this and it worked and they liked the sound so they left it"

thats my story for today.
    im bringing the bike to the show and shine tonight...its not clean but still looks good.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

How much are FE4 suspension setups going for nowadays anyway? I've got my hands on 4 FE4 shocks and springs in basic brand new condition, and I'm contemplating on keeping them and replacing mine (which aren't really bad at the moment)... or selling them.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.