24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 158
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 255 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3811
Like Tree457Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by odthetruth Question gentlemen... If you had to cut 1/8th inch thick abs plastic... what shears would you ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    Question gentlemen... If you had to cut 1/8th inch thick abs plastic... what shears would you use? I'd rather use shears then use a dremel. So feedback? I'm looking into something.
    If you want it clean, and have the money, find a place that does waterjet cutting.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

you did the right thing bro...stay off that thing sleepy, i just lost a friend last friday for riding his bike after a 15 hour shift...he knew he was to sleepy to just go for a ride

on a better note for me, i settled with the insurance company today on my bike. they gave me 3 times the amount what i paid for the bike, just have to come to terms on the medical side of things now

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    If you want it clean, and have the money, find a place that does waterjet cutting.
    thats it right there...best thing to do

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

sorry to hear that Tx.
    the reason i wont ride to work is i work 12 hour shifts.
    i start at 6am..so i leave my house just after 5am. after 12 hrs of working all i want to do is sleep.

mine is only insured for about half of what i paid for it. its the only way to get a decent price on coverage. i had to sign a form saying market value or $3800, whichever is less. im only doing this for the first year, next season i will qualify for better coverage for the same price with a different company.
    i only pay $527/year right now..and every other company is $3000/year...so ill take the lesser coverage for 1 season. and to be honest, if something happened the metal bike is the last thing im worried about.

damn you guys are getting robbed on insurance premium's. for full coverage on my bike for the year, i paid $76. and you are right, if something happens you definitely wont be worrying about the bike at the time, but after you stand up and look for your bike, you will be cussing and fussing...haha...it happens that way to the best of us...

ontario has the highest insurance rates in canada.. and the city i work in has the highest rates in ontario.
    it has the most insurance fraud cases so the rates are a lot higher... lots of...new to the country ... people that actually disconnect their brake lights to hope they get rear ended at a stop light. cops were doing safety checks on brake lights last summer on the highway ramps....this puts them just out of sight of people getting on the highway, and once you are on the ramp theres nowhere you can go.
    if our rates were better i would have bought a bigger CC bike rather than buying the 883 then putting the 1200 bore kit in it and a power commander. this way i have a 883cc vin and engine block, but its actually pushing 1200cc plus a custom tune (perfectly legal, everyone here with a 883 does it). ive heard you can get upwards of 100whp if properly tuned.

i have heard the same thing mike. my pops owns a harley, not sure what model though. but we spoke about an 883 sportster for myself and he stated the same words as you about how guys are putting that bore kit on there and getting them tuned. still definitely in the back of my mind for sure

i would recommend 07 or newer. only because they are fuel injected. if you know your way around a card then just keep it 04 and newer. they made the rear wheel wider in 04.
    if you want to get a 1200 ( they are geared different, i think 1 and 2 they are slower but 3,4,5 they are much faster) i would be all over a Harley 48. i love the wider front tire.i looked into converting mine to a wider front, but i would need to put on a mid glide front end to widen the forks. (off a sportster 48 or a 2011+ custom)
    i havent priced thing out yet, but if its not insane i may just do it.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Gotta be hand tools because I need to readjust on the fly in case. Thats why I asked shears. I'm hoping to share it up when I get everything in and actually put it all together. I don't have the space to do dremel work the way I want, and I have all the time in the world right now at work to shear things to hell and back. LOL

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

od my dremal (is actually a mastercraft rotory tool) has a wand attachment. so you are holding a tool that is about the thickness of a marker.

of you are just taking a little of this plastic off at a time, you may do better with a very sharp knife than shears.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    od my dremal (is actually a mastercraft rotory tool) has a wand attachment. so you are holding a tool that is about the thickness of a marker.

of you are just taking a little of this plastic off at a time, you may do better with a very sharp knife than shears.
    When i meant space for the dremel, I meant with all the plastic shavings that'll be flying everywhere with the use of the dremel. I have one that I've used to cut plexiglass for my volant intake, but its going to be too much of a mess and would require I do it outdoors or in my house, which is not when I'm going to have time to undertake this project.

I def. need a good set of shears for snipping and cutting plastic. I plan on shaving and sanding it down with the dremel in my house, but the actual carving I'm trying to make less time consuming by doing it at work, where I have around 5-6 hours of downtime, and not enough Netflix to hold me down.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Band saw or jig saw.

Kad4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'

Nibblers ...
    http://www.northwaysmachinery.com/pr...emNumber=Klenk MA72510 K14 Old No 10160 Universal Plastic Laminate Nibbling Shears

Okay, the link don't work .

Kad

Quote Originally Posted by Kad4Life View Post
    Okay, the link don't work .

Kad
    so you gave him nothing? JKZ lol
    Kad4Life and Kad4Life like this.

Kad4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'

Well, tru dat I guess .
    Still, nibbling shears are good for cutting curves in stuff .

Happy Friday, Mike .

Kad

today is my monday.... i hate my work schedule.
    hope you enjoy your weekend more than i do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.