24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 111
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 252 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3778
Like Tree455Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by JimmyH I thought only handguns had a waiting period. all "restricted weapons" ...basically guns that look awesome ...
    ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

re: 24 Hour Random Spam Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I thought only handguns had a waiting period.
    all "restricted weapons" ...basically guns that look awesome and handguns.
    barrel length has a lot to do with it, and so does whoever at the RCMP inspected the gun when it was about to be classified.
    we can get a SCAR .22lr as non restricted, but if you put on a factory shorter barrel its restricted.
    i no pro, im just reading up on it and learning.

also, the waiting period is just waiting for the registration to be processed... sometimes a couple hours, but from what ive heard generally 1 week.

------------------

anyone else push the "LIKE" button just because its awesome?
    (i wish i could like my own posts lol

briggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles

Re: Dead CTS 3.6--Looks like cam timing chain

The only car I agree with on this list is the NSX and that's it. Cars that make collectors are the ones teenagers of today lust after to the point where when they are grown they still want to buy them. I have a hard time seeing these plastic pieces of crap living that long. I think truly unique is what fits the bill. Even now you can't find an NSX just like you cant' find a 88-92 4 cyl M3

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    This was in the V section:
    http://www.autoinsane.com/2010/01/07...f-past-decade/

"# 5. 2004 Cadillac CTS-V - This is the Cadillac for the Corvette enthusiast who has to haul around kids and their gear. After decades of Cadillac catering exclusively to the to those buying their last or second to last cars, the new CTS-V with its 400 horsepower Z06 Corvette engine will surely earn the respect of car collectors down the road as the most memorable Caddy from this past decade."

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Dead CTS 3.6--Looks like cam timing chain

To be desireable and then collectible, the body has to be attractive and unique. There is no other car that looks like the CTS. The car is the first Cadillac in decades that stands out that way and that makes it a milestone in Cadillac's development. And then its fun to drive. And they only made 300,000 of them before they caved and plumped it up. Most of them will hit the crusher, and every one that's left is going to inch up in terms of collectibility. Not all CTS's have the fit and finish to make it. The body has to be perfectly straight and everything has to be original. If it doesn't have the sport suspension its always going to be an also ran. Any '65 Mustang is worth money today, more than they cost originally, and that almost never happens.

All the ingredients are there to make the CTS collectible...in the future. They have alot of depreciation left to go before they bottom out.

The more talk there is about it becoming a collectible, the less it will depreciate. So I talk it up as much as I can, everywhere I can. Its in every CTS owner's best interest to toot the horn.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Assuming there isn't a third gen, I think the CTS-V wagon has the best chance (of today's offerings) of being a collector's car.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

how can anyone compare a 65 mustang to a 1st gen CTS with the value. it is called inflation that is why they are worth more than they were then. and as stated with the 65 mustang, people want that year over the 66 because it was the first. so if any of these CTS even had a snowflake chance in hell as being a collectors car, then it would be the 03 CTS since it was the very first one...just my .02, not like it matters though

The V is the one that's going to top the list for CTS's. The Mustang was just a sharp-looking economy car when it came out (eventually making Lee Iacocca a prominant man) but it was when Carrol Shelby turned the Mustang into GT 350's and GT 500's that collectors took note. Those two models never fully depreciated and people were buying them for the long run almost immediately. They made a profit. Some people thought the convertible 1976 Eldorado was going to be collectible, but it didn't. There are some of them with zero miles still rotting away in garages. No one can predict the future, we know that, but people try and sometimes it works out. The Shelby Mustangs worked out so well that they dragged the whole of the first generation Mustangs along with them.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Wanted to share this info here that was passed to me, it may come in handy to someone:

DIFFERENTIAL FOR CTS-V
    1st Gen. # 10361308 --- '04 & some '05s
    2nd ---- # 10368780 --- mostly '05
    3rd ---- # 157937556 -- all '06-'07
    4th ---- # 25873498 ---

DIFFERENTIAL FOR CTS
    the 2003-2004 3.2L CTS gets #19178780 and the 2004 3.6L CTS gets #19178782 (both are 3.42 ratio, non LSD)

2005-2007 3.42 ratio diffs are:
    #25873499 - non LSD
    #25873500 - w/ LSD

there is a note on the LSD diff #25873500 that you need to order a housing vent (kind of like a rattle pcv valve) #15852707

the 3.73 ratio diff in 2003-2004 3.2L CTS vehicles was not LSD #19178784

the 3.73 ratio diff in 2005-2007 3.6L CTS had the LSD option or not
    #25873496 - non LSD
    #25873497 - w/ LSD

Now I see that if I had to replace my V differential, I'd be looking for an 3.73 05-07 3.6L LSD, although I think a 3.42 V would be pretty pimp. I'm sure it'll pull a bit better on the highway, and it'll have a better top speed (somewhere in the 175-179).

Hell, with 3.42s vs 3.73s, the 1500 RPM cruising range would go from 56mph to 61mph. LOL Even thats better in my book. A little faster cruise... What do you guys think?

It was odd to see that the 03 and 04s didn't get LSD at all. I figured the autos didn't, but I thought the 3.73 geared manuals did... and from what I was informed, seems they didn't either.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Assuming there isn't a third gen, I think the CTS-V wagon has the best chance (of today's offerings) of being a collector's car.
    i know the wagons are rare, but them becoming a collectors car is doubtful.
    maybe im bias because i hate wagons.

i once saw someone trying to sell a bonivelle SSEI that went from the dealership into storage on a towtruck. i think it was a 96ish. the guy was asking 30 grand or something like that. by no means is that its value.

The odds of any modern car becoming a collector's item is doubtful. I just think if any have even a remote chance, it's the Vagon.

carrnuttdave is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

The odds of any modern car becoming a collector's item is doubtful. I just think if any have even a remote chance, it's the Vagon.
    Maybe the XLR but not a CTS!

No way on the XLR. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful machine. Vastly overpriced though. And executed all wrong. It's a blight for Cadillac. The Vagon represents every thing Cadillac did right. Tremendous performance in a package so ridiculous, and so rare (especially the MT cars) I think if not collectible, they will at least be desirable. Unless Cadillac decides to do a third gen CTS-V wagon that is even faster and more ridiculous. Which is doubtful at this point.

The CTS is a triumph of safety and efficiency, styling and performance.

The 1972 model Cadillacs were the last built before manufacturers had to comply with Federal safety, emissions, and economy regulations.

It took Cadillac 30 years to overcome the regulations and build a car that's worth owning.

For the younger members here, The Big Three automakers fought Washington tooth and nail. It was their political stance that such regulations were an unconstitutional restraint on their right to build and sell their product.

I wish that all the cars from overseas were released here as well. That includes GM models that we will never see.

They probably will. Ford finally brought the euro focus here. Gm will follow suit. For years they had all these great small cars there that would never sell here because they were too expensive. Premium small cars would never have cut it here like they do in Europe because of fuel prices. Now that we have escalating gas prices premium subcompacts are now on the radar of American consumers. The choices are going to get much better over the next few years.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

A lot has to do with our safety standards ,Thanks to AssClowns like Ralph Nader, and a lot of companies won't surrender multiple vehicles to be crash tested.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.