Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#3,793 ·
05' CTS that is now shaking pretty hard when I'm idle. The engine light isn't on. It seems to be really bad in the morning. I'm not sure if it's a misfire on a spark plug or what. I did recently change one. I change the air filter thinking maybe that would help. So if any of you guys could help a girl out with suggestions that would be great.

#3,795 ·
I'm not a mechanic myself, but this happened to me in December of 2013 and it was due to the spark plugs needing to be replaced. I changed all of them even though the engine error code was for cylinder #2 and haven't had the shaking since. So, maybe give that a shot. If you have want to do the job yourself or have a friend who can assist you, overall, it's just your time and about $20 for new plugs give or take.

#3,796 ·
anyone else get a recall notice in the mail for the keys?

im somewhat curious where my old CTS is now, i traded it in to a GM dealer so i didnt think ide get a recall in the mail for that car.

#3,807 ·
Nice. I hate the stock bose systems i completely ripped the stock sub and amp out and 2 amps with alpine r comps front and back. Had to drill holes in the rear door panels to mount the tweeter but so worth the improved sound. and apline r 10 inch in the truck. With all new kicker z series wires. With a alpine double din touch 535hd. Its like 1200-1300watts total for a year but the sub for 2 and i still havent rattled my rearview off.

On another not anyone **** with upgrading fuel injectors on a cadillac cts? Im looking at the 04-06 cts 3.6 injectors are Bosch 62266 but the 07 cts 3.6 has bosch 62656 is that a time worthy swap or is there better injector swaps?

#3,805 ·
doubt it, but i heard someone on here here a N* in their CTS. probably a much easier swap than we would think because the STS uses the 3.6 and the N*

#3,806 ·
if anyone sees a thread pop up where someone is looking for a flex bushing, steering position sensor, dual 3.6 exhaust, eibach pro kit, mighty mouse mod brackets, or a 3m woodgrain panel kit send them my way.
i think ive got a few other things, no clue what they are worth.

#3,809 ·
Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

how many watts is in the stock non bose cadillac cts subwoofer amplifier?????? i am thinking about replacing the stock amp with a 1500 watt mono block boss audio single channel amp and I'm not sure which subwoofer to get yet. but i have 2 12" alpine R12 before the new revamp they did to the body of them and i am going to sell them for 1 excellent 10 in many just trade one 12 for a really good 10 but its got to be a good ten to do that these things weigh like 25-40 lbs lol they have ran great for over 4 years

----------

how can i easily find out all the options that came on my 05 cts

#3,811 ·
Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

how many watts is in the stock non bose cadillac cts subwoofer amplifier?????? i am thinking about replacing the stock amp with a 1500 watt mono block boss audio single channel amp and I'm not sure which subwoofer to get yet. but i have 2 12" alpine R12 before the new revamp they did to the body of them and i am going to sell them for 1 excellent 10 in many just trade one 12 for a really good 10 but its got to be a good ten to do that these things weigh like 25-40 lbs lol they have ran great for over 4 years
Believe the stock BOSE is around 100w RMS. Don't expect that Boss amp to put out the power that it claims.

#3,814 ·
That would of been cool. He didn't even come close to my state so I would of had to drive to him. Not worth it even though he makes awesome videos. I was kind a surprised by this video because I was expecting more of a breakdown of the car like he does with others but it's probably because its not exciting enough. If it was a V he would of tore into it more. Maybe he'll upload the uncut version of the review.

#3,825 ·
Anyone try putting on a racing steering wheel? Mine is a 2004 sport lux 3.6 with a all black steering wheel except the little bit of wood trim on it. I'm debating racing wheel or get a cts-v steering wheel that appear to have the same mounts and air bag unit as the 3.6. Anyone gone that route and seen if the v steering wheel is different size? Primary reasoning is my primary steering wheel trim peice started looking like shit and i kind of like the look of the all black V wheel with the little silver and better buttons even if i cant use them lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.