Cadillac Owners Forum banner
526K views 4K replies 173 participants last post by  Awfjr 
#1 ·
#3,759 · (Edited)
well boys and girls, i pulled the trigger on a new ride today... but before i bid farwell to the CTS forum, i will share a couple last pics.

and the new ride...
2014 GMC Sierra V8 crew cab, fairly loaded with a bunch of toys and a bumper to bumper warranty.
i had the dealer pull it in from another lot because it was the exact build i wanted.

#3,762 ·
thanks man, i honestly only drove the 1 i bought bout 50 feet from where the first pic was taken to where its backed into a spot and the 2nd pic is lol..i did take a diferent one without all the options i got for a drive the night before.
the reverse camera on it is amazing, the grid moves as you turn the wheel to sell you exactly where the truck is goign to stop and if it will fit in the parking spot, i honestly didnt trust it at first and opened the window and yelled out to ask if there was room.
im going to love having XM radio again, apparently i can download a android app that works as a wireless remote to start my truck and change some car settings from it (ive got to look into that still). the technology they have put into modern cars is just amazing....but you pay for it..
cant wait to see how the v8 that shuts down to 4cyl on the highway does, one of the salesmen i know says he gets over 900km to 90L of gas in the truck on the highway..thats better than my CTS.

#3,771 ·
if you are talking about the ignition i think they are just giving you new keys that have a single hole and not a slot

#3,774 ·
Hey Chris (Rippy), could you maybe shine some light on the topic of swapping the 2007 GMC Arcadia exhaust cams (LY7 H.O.) into the LY7 CTS? Besides the obvious difference between the Arcadia being transverse fwd, could the cams swap straight across using the CTS cam gears on the Arcadia cams? I know the Arcadia uses a different timing chain, so the CTS cam gears would need to be used to get the cams to work with the CTS timing chain. But will the CTS cam gears bolt to the Arcadia cams? This has been discussed in the past, but no one has done it. If we had a definite answer to whether or not the cams will actually fit, people might be a little more willing to try. Using $80 GM cams for any improvement at all sure beats never upgrading because nobody can afford $2000 Australian cams.

#3,775 ·
I seem to recall some similar discussion and can't remember if it was confirmed or not

My parts catalog and other info doesn't have the kind of information that you're looking for but I would think that a tuner shop like RevXtreme that deals (hands-on) with these 3.6L engines often will have a firm answer for you

good luck and please let us all know if you get an answer

#3,776 ·
Thank you for looking, Chris. Can you see if the actuator bolt (#11588279) is the same on both engines, please. It appears to be the same bolt for all the cam actuators across all the high feature v6 engines, regardless of mounting position or fuel delivery system. So if the bolts are the same, I am hoping that the gears are interchangeable.

#3,778 · (Edited)
Thank you, sir. Tonkin led me astray with the Acadia part number. I will have to find the CTS cam actuator bolt p/n and the real Acadia cam gear bolt part number for comparison. My search continues.

Ok, quick update, correct me if I'm wrong...

2005 CTS 3.6
Cam gear bolt:
Cam sprocket pin:
Sprocket:
Seal:

2007 GMC Acadia
Cam bolt:
Cam sprocket pin:
Sprocket:
Seal:

Not sure about that Acadia cam bolt. It wasn't listed the same as the CTS cam bolt, so I can't be sure. And it sucks because that is the main thing I am looking for.

#3,782 ·
Re: ok guys I want a corvette or a V soo......

hello, I hope im posting this in the right area,

I have a 07 cts. I understand its a 5x115
I have rims, 20 in the front 19 in the back

275/30R20
245/35ZR19

but they are 5x112 ..

what do I do to make them fit

thank you
Pretty sure that you can have your rotors redrilled for a different pattern. Or you could have new centers welded into the rims. Or look for bolt pattern adapters.

#3,784 ·
And looks like I have to replace my Crank Position Sensor. Died on my way home and when I would try to start it it would crank but not start. Waited about 10min and then it started and made it home. Ordering the part today from amazon to get it fixed soon. Luckily I have a backup car!

#3,789 ·
ya the sensor is under the oil filter housing and then it plugs in behind the intake manifold.
on mine i just dropped the new wire in, threw in the sensor and cut out the old one. couple feet of useless wire still in there but watever.

#3,790 ·
CTS lost in a local car show to a Chevy Sonic wagon. Not sure how I feel about this haha. All the proceeds went to a local soldier who lost his legs and to help build him a house to fit his needs. There was a MECA competition going on as well to help raise money and saw some amazing car audio builds. Got a few demos and the 2 12's in the trunk just don't do it anymore hahahaha. Sitting in a 162dB trailblazer will do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.