24 Hour Random Discussion Thread - Page 100
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 252 FirstFirst ... 50 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3778
Like Tree456Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 24 Hour Random Discussion Thread in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by odthetruth LOL CTS Sport, huh? Scat, you are arguing this a bit far... You got one of ...
    Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC

Re: Post your best pics of your cts here!

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    LOL CTS Sport, huh?

Scat, you are arguing this a bit far... You got one of those V badges on ya car there? lol

Haha no badges on my cars truth ha...just enjoy a little debating now and then, but really do not get the whole sensitivity around the V badging thing, geeeez this really butt hurts for some guys.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Scattilac View Post
    Haha no badges on my cars truth ha...just enjoy a little debating now and then, but really do not get the whole sensitivity around the V badging thing, geeeez this really butt hurts for some guys.
    LOL I'm just messin with you.

Meh, I've always said people will do whatever they want with THEIR car... but others WILL comment on it as they see fit.

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by X Rolls-Royce View Post
    I don't know about that. Cats and dogs were the last subject you were on and now there's posters fighting like cats and dogs, so its not so much of a turnaround after all, is it ?
    Thats a valid point my friend.

UberCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Sport

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK View Post
    Quite a turn around this thread has made since my last post...
    yeah! where's the pic's?

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    I don't get the whole argument about badging a reg cts with V emblems. I also laugh at the "personal preference" suggestion. It might be, but it's still not a valid explanation for being a poser.

If you do it, you're a poser, period. There's nothing honorable or tributary about it, you're a poser and only fooling yourself. The V emblems don't represent superiority over a regular cts, I assure you no V1 owner has that mentality (well, they shouldn't anyway). The badges represent the model of the car. Put them on any other model, poser. There's no grey area here.

If I had a regular cts, I'd rock it and be proud. If you want to put V body panels, grills, etc on it and customize, great. Most of them look really good...but putting V badges on it takes away all the credibility of what you just achieved visually. Not sure why people don't understand that. Then again, trying to explain that to the person who did it is futile because clearly they have convinced themselves otherwise.

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 125k

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    I don't get the whole argument about badging a reg cts with V emblems. I also laugh at the "personal preference" suggestion. It might be, but it's still not a valid explanation for being a poser.

If you do it, you're a poser, period. There's nothing honorable or tributary about it, you're a poser and only fooling yourself. The V emblems don't represent superiority over a regular cts, I assure you no V1 owner has that mentality (well, they shouldn't anyway). The badges represent the model of the car. Put them on any other model, poser. There's no grey area here.

If I had a regular cts, I'd rock it and be proud. If you want to put V body panels, grills, etc on it and customize, great. Most of them look really good...but putting V badges on it takes away all the credibility of what you just achieved visually. Not sure why people don't understand that. Then again, trying to explain that to the person who did it is futile because clearly they have convinced themselves otherwise.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

The V emblems don't represent superiority over a regular cts, I assure you no V1 owner has that mentality (well, they shouldn't anyway).
    Unfortunately, there are alot who do.

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Well said....

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

People with superficial V badges have the same mentality as women with boob jobs.

roma604 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by X Rolls-Royce View Post
    People with superficial V badges have the same mentality as women with boob jobs.
    i agree, men with fake v badges add the badge because they wish they were born with bigger boobs. that's what you meant right?! Lol!

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by roma604 View Post
    i agree, men with fake v badges add the badge because they wish they were born with bigger boobs. that's what you meant right?! Lol!
    ..........or the guys that drive jacked up SUV's because it makes them feel better about their small penis.........lol

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

What about the hondas with the autozone stick-on hood scoops and side vents, and mismatched body paint \ primer? Wishing for a faster car or an attempt to relive youth?

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

For starters, my response was not an emotional one; I was just exaggerating and exposing the ridiculousness of your impression of the importance of the V badge…
    Where I grew up, you didnt say 'Holy Christ' unless you were mad. Saying 'fvck' would get you a smack, but saying 'holy christ' would get you 2. It was THE curse word of curse words.

Funny thing is, your more detailed explanation in this reply further amplifies how far removed from reality your ridiculous comparison actually is, and the “special engineering” part is certainly misguided. The Gen 1 V is far from an engineering marvel, they basically shoehorned a LS based powerplant into the same car and added some nice brakes and minimal suspension upgrades – In fact, that is the draw of the first Gen to me, the raw (yet flawed and under-engineered) muscle car that it is – so stop with your silly rants about the engineering team unless you are speaking to the Gen 2 cars.
    So, let me get this straight. The formula for the 1st and 2nd gen V's are practically the same. -Design great platform for base car. Add big engine, great brakes and suspension, add visual identification through badging and body modifications, fine tune on track.- GM's performance division most certainly did work on the 1st gen V, the same group that brought us ALL the V's. The 1G V was tested and tuned extensively on the 'ring, long after the CTS itself was tested and tuned. Lets ignore the fact that the diff isnt nearly as weak as people make it out to be, it works fine on a road course...in fact a modifed version was used in the SCCA CTS-V race car. Sure its a little underengineered in places, but that doesnt change the fact that it was developed by performance engineers. They didnt just 'add some nice brakes and minor suspension upgrades'. It is a fantastically set up track car, in spite of all its shortcomings. In spite of how cheap the car was and Cadillacs history of non-performance, they still managed to make a car that went as good as the E39 M5. And you think they just accidentally stumbled onto that? Silly rants...are you really denying that GM's Performance Division developed the 1st gen V?

And my “old age” or “life experience” is one reason I can separate the real meaning of an officers badge and a logo stuck on the side of a car with two way tape…dig a little deeper my friend, you will get it.
    Since the V badge means nothing in your opinion, start manufactuering a car, put legitmate V badges on it everywhere, and then sell it in the US, where V's are also sold. Count on 1 hand how many days it takes for GM to sue. Look at the battle between Dodge and a high school with a similar looking logo. There are plenty of examples to support badges being important. The V badge is representational, it represents a set of parameters and parts. 255 hp V6 is not one of them. V badges belong on V's.

Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC

[QUOTE=concorso;2783668]Where I grew up, you didnt say 'Holy Christ' unless you were mad. Saying 'fvck' would get you a smack, but saying 'holy christ' would get you 2. It was THE curse word of curse words.

"When" or "if" you grow up is more like it...

All your other garble...blah blah blah...clueless.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

oh noes

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.