Is this for US too ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Is this for US too ? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Cadillac No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance Program This is on the GM Canada site. Does it apply to US ? The first ...
    desertsun is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is this for US too ?

Cadillac No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance Program
    This is on the GM Canada site. Does it apply to US ?

The first of its kind in the industry, the Cadillac No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance Program offers free scheduled maintenance for your Cadillac during the first four years or 80,000 km of ownership - whichever comes first. The program covers the inspection and replacement or other appropriate service of items such as:

• Lube/Oil/Filter
    • Tire Rotation
    • Air Cleaner Filter
    • Fuel System Inspection
    • Throttle Body Cleaning
    • Brake Pads and Rotors

Furthermore, the program is fully transferable to any subsequent owner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Wienk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Question Re: Is this for US too ?

This could be the kicker that convinces US buyers to switch from foreign builders to Cadillac! I loved the "no charge" maintenance I have had on my BMW's and my Mercedes. I was sort of surprised, unpleasantly, that when I decided to buy the CTS-V, that it did not include such a plan.

Does this apply to the 2004 CTS-V,the 2005 CTS-V, or neither? That alone could make the difference that sways buyers from BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc. It would be a real "plus" if Cadillac decided to include it on the car I have on order now!!!!

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Is this for US too ?

Do Merc and BMW have 50k mi. bumper-to-bumper no deductible? Never owned one. If not, I'd take the warranty over the free service any day.

Honestly I'd rather have a performance shop I trusted do even my oil changes, rather than a dealership. For a performance car at least. Jiffy Lube can have a field day on my Explorer.

- C.

Wienk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

BMW and Mercedes used to include both: Warranty and Free Maintenance.

BMW still does. See http://www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/3/investment.htm

Mercedes just discontinued the free service. See http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...e.jsp&menu=3_3

If GM would include both with the CTS-V, they would capture more buyers from their target markets.

I assume then that this is Canada only program ??? WHY? Per the Canada web site it looks as is if the program applies to all Caddys.
    Having work done at a dealer, even though many are marginal at least insures that any problems can't be denied.
    miscreant...what's the story ??

John...Redline V on order

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Hmm, well in that case I suppose GM may want to think about it.

But honestly I wouldn't have any of that work done at a dealer regardless, then again I don't really use this thing as a daily driver, per se.

You can buy a lot of oil changes with the $10k you save over an M3 (fully loaded is 61k sticker) or the $25k+ you save over an M5/SL55/etc. so I really wouldn't harp too heavily on the $50 free oil changes here and there. Do they use synthetic on your free service, or give you the junk oil?

Not trying to pick a fight, just saying that for a value-priced car with more HP for your dollar and a solid set of features, quibbling over oil changes and tire rotation seems a little senseless to me.

- C.

Cal

The point is not the $50 oil changes. I don't care about that and I don't want a BMW. One experience with a 750il with warped rotors (which BMW wouldn't replace) was plenty. The plan seems to cover pads and rotors and other stuff as well. For the time/mileage warranty period this is a valuable plus.
    Is the Canadian program just a test run ?
    Why is it not (apparently) not offered here ?

John

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The only 2004 US market Cadillac with scheduled maintenance included at this time is the XLR.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by msheri01
    The only 2004 US market Cadillac with scheduled maintenance included at this time is the XLR.
    So I shouldn't drive my US market CTS-V to a Canadian Dealer for a free oil change?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.