My loss--Your Gain
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, My loss--Your Gain in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Got new SRX--ordered SRX smokers kit from gmpartsdirect--they sent CTS kit! All I need is the front ashtray & lighter. ...
    sgilbert is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

My loss--Your Gain

Got new SRX--ordered SRX smokers kit from gmpartsdirect--they sent CTS kit! All I need is the front ashtray & lighter. Have extra: back of armrest ashtray/lighter combo & 2 lighter recepticals (presumably for the passenger door & ?)

I have what I want from the kit. Offering the extras--new & unused--for $20 freight pd.

eMail: sugilbert@aol.com
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Re: My loss--Your Gain

You smoke in your Caddy?!
    What is wrong with you?!

Damn straight I do----anyone offended by it can walk.

I can't smoke almost anywhere these days, but my house & my car are MY TURF.

Price lowered to $15 shipped!

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Mmmmm... Cancer sticks!

I don't criticize your Lexus! Or even being from Ft. Wayne.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

He didn't criticize your SRX, just the habit.

I don't smoke, and really don't care what you do to yourself. I suppose I just don't understand why you would intentionally do something that would damage your car. The smoke destroys a car's interior and will seriously have an effect on your resale should you ever decide to get rid of it. It's kind of like kicking your fenders in out of habit.

Again, not really my business what you do to your vehicle, just really sad that you would intentionally do that to such a great car(wagon? SUV? I guess it's kind of hard to classify the SRX. ).

CTScop is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm wit you, sgilbert. Your car, your turf! You can't return it for exchange?

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I think he was joking hence the smiley face after his comment. I smoke in all my cars, I keep the window down and the smoke and ashes go out the window. I never use the ash tray and besides the stray ashes i vacuum up every week you could never tell my car was smoked in. I have never had a problem on the resale of a car and besides, most people trade their car in to the dealership and they don't inspect for smokers.

You know--I'm really sorry I started this thread. All I wanted to do was help out some CTS owner, and I'm getting stomped on.

I know my SRX will be in great shape when (and if) I ever sell or trade it, because I take care of my vehicles. Never had a burn hole in seats or carpet, and I clean them regularly.

I smoke because I enjoy it. I do not impose my habit (yes it is) upon others, and respect their life styles. All I ask is for the same in return.

Snort all the crack you want---drink all you want---shoot whatever you care to in your arm or wherever; just stay away from me.

Go impose all your pre-conceived notions on the free-loaders of this world. take your revenge on the terrorists the world over, that think they should have the right to impose their will and beliefs on all non-believers!

Rant over---Let's enjoy our Caddies.

briandors is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Non smoker, and I have no problem with you doing what you want inside your house and your car. Can I ask one thing of the smokers though? I can understand ashes going out the window but I really can't understand the butts flying out the window. I have been hit in my front grill, hood, and windshield by careless smokers flicking their cig butts out the window and I don't appreciate it.

Even if you miss hitting a car, the litter isn't that pretty. I say use the ashtray, that's what it's there for. Am I being unreasonable? I don't think I should have to put up with hot smoldering butts hitting my car as I drive.

Brian

ctsv4me is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT
    I smoke in all my cars, I keep the window down and the smoke and ashes go out the window. I never use the ash tray...
    I assume this means that the cig butts go out the window, too?

If not, thank you for not littering.

If so, you suck.

<no smiley, no winkie, no kidding>

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Personally, I'm more concerned over drinking and driving, and cell phone useage while driving. I think it's nice what he offered here. Why not return the package to the dealership for a refund?

If you lived in Canada, people tend to get upset over smokers because to treat lung cancer and emphysema it uses up public tax dollars from health care. Since you are probably in the U.S. you pay for your own health care? He can do what he wants then, he is only risking it to himself I suppose.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.