v-grill
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, v-grill in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; anybody know if the 2005 cts will be installed with the new v-grill i know the painted back up bezel ...
    frank78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wink v-grill

anybody know if the 2005 cts will be installed with the new v-grill i know the painted back up bezel is stanard now i see alot of dealers putting v-grill on there cadillac cts

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Re: v-grill

Quote Originally Posted by frank78
    anybody know if the 2005 cts will be installed with the new v-grill i know the painted back up bezel is stanard now i see alot of dealers putting v-grill on there cadillac cts
    No, it will not. The "egg-crate" grill is still part of the art-and-science theme. the Mesh grill probably will be the V symbol...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    No, it will not. The "egg-crate" grill is still part of the art-and-science theme. the Mesh grill probably will be the V symbol...
    Egg crate? Naah, looks more like gray venetian blinds. Glad I changed it out.

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

i dont think the mesh grill should go on any car except the cts v or any other v models that might be made.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Man
    i dont think the mesh grill should go on any car except the cts v or any other v models that might be made.
    So, we've got to live with the butt-ugly stock grille? Maybe they should have the grille from the CTS sports edition (or whatever) that was making the rounds of the shows. If I remember right, that was a dark eggcrate-type grille that looked better than stock.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Maybe if they offered the standard grill in bodycolor or maybe even chrome, it wouldn't be bad(the design is actually really nice). But making them out of cheap looking grey plastic was a huge mistake that needs to be swapped out or modified.

Has anyone got it chromed? The flat planes would look stunning with a mirror finish.

silver bullet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS Lux/Sport

If the V grill was the stock grill on the reg CTS and the V came out with the regular grill everybody would want that one, human nature.

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

Thumbs up Re: v-grill

Got my V-Grill finally from the dealer after it was cancelled twice from the online gm parts store. Interesting enough, on the order slip the part #21996486 was crossed out and said New Part #15147586??

Miscreant, has there been a change?
    Anyway fit perfectly and looks like the car should have came with it!

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by silver bullet
    If the V grill was the stock grill on the reg CTS and the V came out with the regular grill everybody would want that one, human nature.
    Everybody would want grey plastic over stainless steel mesh?
    Somehow I find that hard to believe...

Most owners with the swapped out grills aren't trying to make their cars look like Vs. Just trying to do away with the cheaply made stock one. The V grill is the best option to give it a quality look at the moment... if something better (maybe quality looking and more Art&Science inspired like the Sport concept or a Sixteen style grill) came out, I would switch again in a moment. It makes no difference to me what they slap on the V, I want the best option available for my current car.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by MReiland
    Got my V-Grill finally from the dealer after it was cancelled twice from the online gm parts store. Interesting enough, on the order slip the part #21996486 was crossed out and said New Part #15147586??

Miscreant, has there been a change?
    Anyway fit perfectly and looks like the car should have came with it!
    Part numbers have just been replaced. Old part number will still "work" but will be diverted to new part number.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.