Base CTS Purchase Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Base CTS Purchase Question in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I am considering a new 2004 CTS and would appreciate feedback on the package. It is the base model with ...
    ksupkt87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Base CTS Purchase Question

I am considering a new 2004 CTS and would appreciate feedback on the package. It is the base model with the 3.6L VVT, sport package and XM radio in silver smoke color. Cost will be 31,500 after my discounts. Is this a decent configuration/color (I am not interested in the luxury packages and can't go 50k for the V) and is the price appropriate? Thanks for any advice you can provide.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Re: Base CTS Purchase Question

Quote Originally Posted by ksupkt87
    I am considering a new 2004 CTS and would appreciate feedback on the package. It is the base model with the 3.6L VVT, sport package and XM radio in silver smoke color. Cost will be 31,500 after my discounts. Is this a decent configuration/color (I am not interested in the luxury packages and can't go 50k for the V) and is the price appropriate? Thanks for any advice you can provide.
    That's exactly what I have in Light Platinum, and two of my salespeople have that in black. That's a great combo, and that seems like a good price. Sticker should be right above $35k on that car.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

That is a good config - what I originally wanted. But I needed the heated power passenger seat for my wife, so I went with the lux model. The config you're looking at has the most for the money - especially at GMS pricing which is $31501, less any incentives.

catbert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'd go for the headlight option. It's a little pricey, but it really makes the car stand out. I ordered mine with the headlight option and luxury sport package. Deleting the sunroof and the Bose really helped keep the price down. I really can't tell the difference between the standard music package and the Bose sound. If I was ordering now, I'd get the XM too.

Quote Originally Posted by catbert
    I'd go for the headlight option. It's a little pricey, but it really makes the car stand out. I ordered mine with the headlight option and luxury sport package. Deleting the sunroof and the Bose really helped keep the price down. I really can't tell the difference between the standard music package and the Bose sound. If I was ordering now, I'd get the XM too.
    Unfortunately, the packages are different for 2004. And you cannot get the HID headlights with the base model. What he is referring to above is the PDX Sport package with gives you the 17" wheels, FE3 Suspension, Stabilitrak, etc. in either the 1SA base model or the 1SB Luxury model.

briandors is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Miscreant,
    So for 2005 I can't do:
    PDX
    6 speed/ 3.6L
    HID ?

Also, do you think any dealer would be willing to install the original equipment heated seats on a base model? I wonder if all of the wiring is in place and all that would have to be done is peel back the leather, put the pad in, and then install the switches.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by briandors
    Miscreant,
    So for 2005 I can't do:
    PDX
    6 speed/ 3.6L
    HID ?

Also, do you think any dealer would be willing to install the original equipment heated seats on a base model? I wonder if all of the wiring is in place and all that would have to be done is peel back the leather, put the pad in, and then install the switches.

Brian
    No, I was referring to 2004, not 2005. I do believe you can add any free flow option to the base 1SB in 2005. Only the Luxury group items (like heated seats, homelink, memory, etc) are only available in the luxury group. In fact, you can do PDX, Nav, HID, sunroof, all individual on the base 1SB - for 2005. I already have a Black on Black 6 speed with Sunroof and NAV only in the system.

briandors is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks.
    Any thoughts on the seat heaters? It's the only thing I want in the lux package. Go totally aftermarket? Dealer install? Do it myself (I am mechanically inclined but concerned that it could void the warranty?)?
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by briandors
    Thanks.
    Any thoughts on the seat heaters? It's the only thing I want in the lux package. Go totally aftermarket? Dealer install? Do it myself (I am mechanically inclined but concerned that it could void the warranty?)?
    Brian
    aftermarket. The factory parts are too expensive. But don't worry about warranty with heated seats. By law, you can't "void" your warranty, because in order for GM to refuse work the item has to be proven to have caused the malfunction. Now granted if your install causes the entire electrical system to short out and blows a ECM or something, then yeah. But just adding something to your vehicle does not inherently void any warranty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.