Any dealers want to take my order?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Any dealers want to take my order? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I can't believe how hard it is to order this CTS. I can't get one dealer to call me back, ...
    ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Any dealers want to take my order?

I can't believe how hard it is to order this CTS. I can't get one dealer to call me back, another tells me that in order to get the 3.6L in 2005, I have to order one of the option packages. This is all running contrary to what I'm seeing on this board.

Is the 3.6L CTS with the 6 speed manual available without an option package? Can I part out options in 2005, such as sport package, Sunroof, power seats and split rear seats? Is there anything definitive on pricing yet?

My excitement and anticipation is rapidly turning to frustration and anger

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Re: Any dealers want to take my order?

Quote Originally Posted by ktills45
    I can't believe how hard it is to order this CTS. I can't get one dealer to call me back, another tells me that in order to get the 3.6L in 2005, I have to order one of the option packages. This is all running contrary to what I'm seeing on this board.

Is the 3.6L CTS with the 6 speed manual available without an option package? Can I part out options in 2005, such as sport package, Sunroof, power seats and split rear seats? Is there anything definitive on pricing yet?

My excitement and anticipation is rapidly turning to frustration and anger
    Hey, I will!

Seriously, They may be confused since the 1SB package is now the "base" package. You can get a 1SB (base) with 3.6L without the Luxury Package, but with Sunroof, Sport Package, and split rear seat only (the passenger side power seat [with lumbar on both sides] is now only available in the PDL Luxury package). As for pricing, that is not released yet.

Where are you located?
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

they have a 6 speed for the 3.6 engine in 05?? I thought it was only available for the 3.2...

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    Hey, I will!

Seriously, They may be confused since the 1SB package is not the "base" package. You can get a 1SB (base) with 3.6L without the Luxury Package, but with Sunroof, Sport Package, and split rear seat only (the passenger side power seat [with lumbar on both sides] is now only available in the PDL Luxury package). As for pricing, that is not released yet.

Where are you located?
    Philly, hehe. Wanna meet in Nashville?

I'm about at the end of my rope tho. I've been after this vehicle for sooo long now, and this is just frustrating the dog poo out of me.

Philly, hehe. Wanna meet in Nashville?

I'm about at the end of my rope tho. I've been after this vehicle for sooo long now, and this is just frustrating the dog poo out of me.
    I think one-way tickets into OKC are less than $200 right now .

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadss
    they have a 6 speed for the 3.6 engine in 05?? I thought it was only available for the 3.2...

Reed
    That was in '04. For 2005, the 3.2 is no longer, and the 3.6 is not matted to either a 5 speed auto or 6 speed manual. Later in the year they will have a 210hp 2.8L in a 1SA package that should be below $29,000 entry...

DMC-12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS Sport/LUX Package

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    Later in the year they will have a 210hp 2.8L in a 1SA package that should be below $29,000 entry...
    Really?! Now that sounds good!

Miscreant... Maybe you can help me... I have been looking for a preowned 03 CTS with Bose, Sunroof and Silver paint for the past few months...(preowned was within my current budget) Ugh... and the dealerships in the Metro Milwaukee area seem to not really car about my buisness and are not looking out there for me. They wanna sell me every other CTS, STS and everything else except the CTS I WANT!! LOL So, I am very frustrated! *this is why I hate car shopping!*

Anywhooo... If I get this new job next week... I may just order a new one. Can I order an 05 CTS, say, in the next week or two? (I heard somewhere the 04 model year production has ended or will end soon). I just want silver, sunroof, and Bose....lol Thats all... I dont care about everything else.

I do have the suppliers discount... and was wondering how much this would set me back.

catbert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Have you tried surfing AutoTrader.com?

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-12
    Really?! Now that sounds good!

Miscreant... Maybe you can help me... I have been looking for a preowned 03 CTS with Bose, Sunroof and Silver paint for the past few months...(preowned was within my current budget) Ugh... and the dealerships in the Metro Milwaukee area seem to not really car about my buisness and are not looking out there for me. They wanna sell me every other CTS, STS and everything else except the CTS I WANT!! LOL So, I am very frustrated! *this is why I hate car shopping!*

Anywhooo... If I get this new job next week... I may just order a new one. Can I order an 05 CTS, say, in the next week or two? (I heard somewhere the 04 model year production has ended or will end soon). I just want silver, sunroof, and Bose....lol Thats all... I dont care about everything else.

I do have the suppliers discount... and was wondering how much this would set me back.
    '05 is the perfect model year to get. Yes, 05 is open, 04 has been closed. For the '05 model year you can get the base model (which is now the 1SB) with just bose and sunroof - where in 04 you had to get the luzury package to get the sunroof. As for pricing, It's not out yet. When it is, I'll gladly let you know what supplier would be.

DMC-12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS Sport/LUX Package

Quote Originally Posted by catbert
    Have you tried surfing AutoTrader.com?
    Yep... I check that every freakin day... that and cars.com - vehix.com - carmax.com - and carspot.com Ugh... so sick of the hunting already. LOL!

Also, miscreant... Thanks for the info.. 05 seems the way to go then for sure! Yeah... heck... if I get the green light on this new job like I said, next week, I will order whatever the hell I want... with what I want!! Not what Joe Salesman happens to be pushing that day... so sick of this game already. LOL

bigdaddycoats is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Miscreant - Have they released any specs on the 2.8 yet? I have also heard that the CTS with the 2.8 will start under $30k to compete with the BMW 325. When will prices be released? What do you think will happen to the price of a base CTS with the 3.6? Will it stay about the same or do you think Cadillac will raise it quite a bit?

Has there been any word on the base MSRP for the 2005 models yet? With the addition of the 1SB package, does that mean a 5k increase to the prices?

bigdaddycoats is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I do not think the price will go up that much. The contents of the 1SB are no longer standard. They all become optional - they basically have just re-coded the base 3.6 CTS as the 1SB. Prices should be released soon?

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Has there been any word on the base MSRP for the 2005 models yet? With the addition of the 1SB package, does that mean a 5k increase to the prices?
    I know of a good dealer outside of philly in doylestown, its called Fred Beans its at 611 and 313 if you need a name to contact let me know. A buddy of mine bought a used Monte there and he said the car gave him problems but the service was unmatched.

Quote Originally Posted by JJhomer83
    I know of a good dealer outside of philly in doylestown, its called Fred Beans its at 611 and 313 if you need a name to contact let me know. A buddy of mine bought a used Monte there and he said the car gave him problems but the service was unmatched.
    Those are the clowns who haven't bothered to call me back, after 4 emails, and 3 phone calls from me. Honest to go*, I am a Guarenteed sale, and this guy won't give me the time of day.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.