Passenger seatbelt problem...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Passenger seatbelt problem... in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Guys, I have a problem. My girlfriend is constantly bugging me about the passenger seatbelt being to tight. It appears ...
    ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Passenger seatbelt problem...

Guys,
    I have a problem. My girlfriend is constantly bugging me about the passenger seatbelt being to tight. It appears that the buckle locks once the seatbelt is attached to the clip and there is no give on the actual seatbelt. She has to constantly disconnect and reconnect the belt to get comfortable.

This is bugging her and makes her uncomforatble (I dont blame her). This is ONLY on the passenger seatbelt because the buckle is a bit different than the driver buckle.
    Most of us probably have not experienced this problem first hand (we are usually driving), but have any of your "significant others" complained about this?

Most importantly, does anyone know a fix for this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: Passenger seatbelt problem...

The passenger and rear belts are made to secure a carseat. If you pull it all the way out, the belt will lock in whatever position it retracts to. You must let it retract all the way to cancel the ratcheting. If you don't releach the ratchet, it will get progressively tighter everytime you move. This is a common problem if a passenger is, ahem, large or if they routinely pull the belt out too far or twist their body around and away from the seat as they buckle up.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Ironically, my girl was complaining about the exact same thing today. I told her MY seatbelt has give, but she seemed to be having problems (who woulda thought hers was different than mine). She did say that after a little jimmying with the belt it did give, I think. I'll ask her tomorrow when I talk to her.

Incidentally, you aren't supposed to put a car seat in the passenger anyways, from what I am told - I guess due to the airbag...? As far as I was aware (heard from various moms) your kids are supposed to ride in the back for quite some time.

- C.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Call me a liar. I just went out to the garage and couldn't get any of the seatbelts on my CTS to ratchet. The passenger seat on the vette does it, but not the CTS. Maybe with the CTS it only occurs when the vehicle is running and / or in gear.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.