Good news for '05 6 speed...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Good news for '05 6 speed... in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Initial constraints on the 2005 model does not include the 6 speed! It will be available at start of production. ...
    miscreant is offline GM Connection

Good news for '05 6 speed...

Initial constraints on the 2005 model does not include the 6 speed! It will be available at start of production. Some of the new colors are on constraint though (Moonstone, White Diamond, Light Platinum, Sand Storm).
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Good news for '05 6 speed...

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant
    Initial constraints on the 2005 model does not include the 6 speed! It will be available at start of production. Some of the new colors are on constraint though (Moonstone, White Diamond, Light Platinum, Sand Storm).
    But when can I order one?

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ktills45
    But when can I order one?
    Now, the first order scheduling cycle for the base CTS started yesterday. These will be the first 05 production.

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by msheri01
    Now, the first order scheduling cycle for the base CTS started yesterday. These will be the first 05 production.
    I was told that the 6 speed is not yet available for 05, but I'm calling back very soon.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ktills45
    I was told that the 6 speed is not yet available for 05, but I'm calling back very soon.
    miscreant is up the only up to the minute gm insider guy I know, and I bet that today's dealers are a little slow on knowledge of any change in the system. They just want to sell cars fast, and they want to sell what's on the lot.

Neoflex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Miscreant, I thought for 05 Caddy was dropping White Daimond from the whole line. I was talking with a a GM rep a the NY Auto Show and he said they were going with some new white. Something were it has a red tint in sunlight and a blue tinit when reflecting in the moon light. Was he just blowing smoke? What will Moonstone look like?

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Moonstone is a metallic charcoal which is currently available on the SRX.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by Neoflex
    Miscreant, I thought for 05 Caddy was dropping White Daimond from the whole line. I was talking with a a GM rep a the NY Auto Show and he said they were going with some new white. Something were it has a red tint in sunlight and a blue tinit when reflecting in the moon light. Was he just blowing smoke? What will Moonstone look like?
    The White Diamond is still an issue. About half of our material shows 93U White Lightning (currently on the 04 Deville and Seville) as the new color, but then the most recent indicators is that it will be 98U White Diamond...

I think the main reason that White Diamond is on constraint is that they perhaps have not decided yet...? JMHO.

Personally I think Cadillac had it backwards with the White Lightning color. Most Deville/seville customers do not like the White Lightning, it's too "iridesent" for them - the White Lightning would look so much better on the CTS and appeal to the CTS buyer more....
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Neoflex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks, I know your the expert and figured you would have a educated answer for me rather than just a guess or rumor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.