why is load leveling suspension bad?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, why is load leveling suspension bad? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I see a lot of ppl posting they just bought/ordered a new CTS, and specifically deleted the load leveling suspension. ...
    briandors is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

why is load leveling suspension bad?

I see a lot of ppl posting they just bought/ordered a new CTS, and specifically deleted the load leveling suspension. Why? Just because it's more money to replace years down the road? Or does it hurt handling?

Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: why is load leveling suspension bad?

Quote Originally Posted by briandors
    I see a lot of ppl posting they just bought/ordered a new CTS, and specifically deleted the load leveling suspension. Why? Just because it's more money to replace years down the road? Or does it hurt handling?

Brian
    the coast would be my guess

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Cost is under $200 savings. I do wonder the same thing. The rear Nivomat shocks aren't THAT bad at all...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

silver bullet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS Lux/Sport

Smile Re: why is load leveling suspension bad?

I don't know where you got the impression that the load leveling is bad, I have it on my 04 sport, put three people in back and load up the trunk, and you still sit nice and level. If it was a negitive on the handleing they would not offer it with the sport package that's my take.

Quote Originally Posted by silver bullet
    I don't know where you got the impression that the load leveling is bad, I have it on my 04 sport, put three people in back and load up the trunk, and you still sit nice and level. If it was a negitive on the handleing they would not offer it with the sport package that's my take.
    I think he got the impression from the fact that many people are ordering the PDX Sport Package on the 1SA and 1SB lately with the "no loadleveling" option (FE2 instead of FE3).

This actually is a supply move by Cadillac. They ran into several supply problems with the Nivomat Shocks (from Sachs/Boge) and probably decided to give the dealers an option to still order the PDX Sport Package even when the Nivomats were not available.

BlueMalibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 Sport, 6-Speed

I ordered my car without load leveling. It is not that it is bad...just I don't need it. Why pay for an option I don't want? (If I could just get Stability Control, Traction control, and On-start delete I'd be happy). The "load leveling suspension" is really just different shocks that have internal load leveling. It is NOT a complete air system with a compressor, etc.

Here is a link to Sachs Automotive that has more info:

http://www.zfsachs.com/direkt.php?li...000000000.html

They only other thing is that these load leveling shocks are not sold as a "performance item." I would expect shocks on the sports suspension to be more performance oriented. However, deleting load leveling doesn't mean you get performance shocks - just non-load leveling ones.

briandors is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

"Bad" might not have been the right choices of words, but yes many people were ordering a sport suspension without load leveling and I thought perhaps it was because the Nivomat's handle poorly. 99% of days my car wouldn't be loaded, but I'd still want them if they handle just as good as the regular non leveling ones. And personally, I would be MORE likely to delete this option if it was the kind of suspension with an air compressor. When that system goes bad, you're really in trouble. With these, if/when they go bad, you can replace them and go either way.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMalibu
    I would expect shocks on the sports suspension to be more performance oriented. However, deleting load leveling doesn't mean you get performance shocks - just non-load leveling ones.
    Well, while the sport suspensions shock's aren't as performance orriented as perhaps some of todays aftermarket models from Koni or such, they certainly are much better than the shocks that come on the soft-ride CTSs (non sport). They are indeed monotube gas charged.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.