Door Dents
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Door Dents in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Am I the only one who parks his CTS on the outer reaches of store parking lots? Our achilles heal ...
    greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '12 SRX 3.6 AWD

Door Dents

Am I the only one who parks his CTS on the outer reaches of store parking lots? Our achilles heal on the CTS is, not much protection from a-------s who open the door on their $1000 piece of crap into my CTS. It's the only thing I am psychotic about

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MotorMouth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Door Dents

Me too. Mine is black so I routinely park in the next zip code.

DarthVader Guest

I've been living in that world for 20 years. to those who do not respect the property of others.

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

You guys have it easy compared to me. I have to park in a parking structure on a college campus everyday! Most of these people have no respect for cars. Plus, a large number are asian so they suck at parking (I'm asian so I'm allowed to say that ). I've seen people run into support posts and just keep on scrapping into the parking spot. It seems like every few days I get a new scratch on my car. It's come to the point where I have to do a thorough check of the entire body of the car before I drive off. O the things we do for our car...

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I will tell you, some people just don't have the sense as others. I have a friend, when he gets in my car he throws his feet in, all over the door, the plastic, and the back of the seat. Then when he gets out he tries and lays the door on the car next time him. I am just thinking hold the door with your hand. I guess for me it is just second nature to open my door half way and step out. He isn’t doing it to be mean or because he doesn’t care about my car, he does it because he has no sense that it might scratch the door. And when he gets dirt all over the seat, he doesn’t realize who cleans it up? I do, but he probably never cleaned his ford Taurus once.

evo
    evo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS, 2012 CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mbai2
    You guys have it easy compared to me. I have to park in a parking structure on a college campus everyday! Most of these people have no respect for cars. Plus, a large number are asian so they suck at parking (I'm asian so I'm allowed to say that ).
    lol... i park right right outside of a college every day. not to mention one of the craziest party college.

damn it.... i'm asian! and i CAN park..... ... wait, at least i think i can!

shaggygrosser is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Before getting a CTS, my biggest fear was spiders.

After getting the CTS, my biggest fear is shopping carts.

snaayk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just got my black SRX, and my friend poke fun at me. I park where there's no one around. I complete a 12 point inspection on return to the vehicle. Other people just don't care, and last thing I want is dings across the doors because of others' lack of decency.

Funny story: I go to Target (like a wal-mart) two days after I get my car. The parking lot is full towards the front and plenty of empty spots towards the back. Partly to be funny and partly very concerned for the safety of my car, I park on the perimeter of the property, perpinducular to the rest of the spaces - as far as one can get. There's no one around me, an oasis, if you will. When I come out, there are a number of spaces open on the way to the car. But, no, why take any of those. I got parked next to, ON BOTH sides!! You look down the road and every spot is open except my sandwich....luckily no catastrophes.

Considering it's black and soooo shiny I don't think this will ever wear off, maybe subside a bit 8D

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I like seeing a car park very far out. I always park out there with them, but never right beside them (no sandwiches.) Only a few spots farther away from the entrance! I know when that person makes it back to their car that me and him both appreciate our cars very much and both can appreciate each other.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.