Disabled my Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Disabled my Daytime Running Lights (DRL) in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; wrote a quick page on how to: http://www.rearwheeldrive.org/rwd/bluemalibu/ctsdrl IMO, the cars look nicer without the DRLs on. I also don't ...
    BlueMalibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 Sport, 6-Speed

Disabled my Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

wrote a quick page on how to:

http://www.rearwheeldrive.org/rwd/bluemalibu/ctsdrl

IMO, the cars look nicer without the DRLs on. I also don't believe GMs propoganda regarding DRLs. YMMV.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Disabled my Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

Sounds like an easy enough fix, but someone should also check:

a) Whether DRLs can be disabled through dealer diagnostic-tool settings (as they can on BMWs and various other models)

b) Whether there's an alternative no-DRL module for use in vehicles sold where DRLs are illegal.

I did ask the dealer to disable them. They said they would look in to it but never did do it. I suspect that it can be done vis programming if you can get them to do it.

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Nice job. I agree that most DRL's look pretty bad. However, my opinion on the CTS's DRLs are the opposite.

I used to have a GTP before my CTS and I disabled the DRL's similar to the way that you illustrated. I was going to do it on the CTS when I bought it but when I saw another CTS driving towards me with its DRL's on, it actually looked pretty nice. I can only think of a few cars with yellow DRL's: F-bodies, the new Grand Prix, and the CTS. The yellow lights really set the car apart from the norm and it looks amazing on a black CTS. Just my opinion.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Buicks use them too.
    I actually like the ones on the CTS. Low and out at the corners gives it a real sporty look IMO.

Scott is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Back when I took driver's ed in HS, they told me you weren't spose to drive with your parking lights on (you could get a ticket in CA). Is this not the case anymore?

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

DRLs are not the same as parking lights - the rear lights are not illuminated and on most vehicles a different bulb is used rather than the front parking lights. And yes, I remember being told in driver's ed that driving with your parking lights on would get you a ticket. (Back when we still shared the road with horses per my kids.)

Insurance studies claim a 12% decrease in daytime collisions when using DRLs. I think the CTS and vette DRLs, low and yellow look good. My son has an S-10, and his DRLs are dim headlights that look awful.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '14 SRX 3.6 AWD

I hate looking at DRL's on cars that use the headlights. Got to say the CTS has good looking DRL's. Hey and if it prevents just one accident for me, all the better.

tzoid is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Several years back I bought a Tahoe that had DRL's. All I did was pull the fuse for them and no daytime running lights....all else worked AOK. I did look in the owners manual and it appears in the CTS they have a separate fuse just like the Tahoe did. Didn't try it since I too like the DRL's on a black CTS. Just a thought....

Quote Originally Posted by tzoid
    Several years back I bought a Tahoe that had DRL's. All I did was pull the fuse for them and no daytime running lights....all else worked AOK. I did look in the owners manual and it appears in the CTS they have a separate fuse just like the Tahoe did. Didn't try it since I too like the DRL's on a black CTS. Just a thought....
    I thought of this also. However, if you pull the fuse it also disables your turn signals and parking lights!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.