Some Newbie questions - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Some Newbie questions in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by powerbroker Lastly, pjcnlv, if you are going to insult the half of the readers of this forum ...
    pjcnlv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Some Newbie questions

Quote Originally Posted by powerbroker
    Lastly, pjcnlv, if you are going to insult the half of the readers of this forum (those who drive 3.6 L CTS's) because they have other things besides their car to spend money on - there is no such word as "medocrisy"... try "mediocrity"
    No insult intended. I was asked and I replied. As for spelling.. My bad.

Neoflex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Miscreant, I know you work for GM and know more than most of us including myself, but here in NY a Smartbuy is more or less a lease except that the title is put in your name for the life of teh lease for liability reasons. Not sure if the rules change from state to state but here in NY with a Smartbuy you do get Gap Insurance and you do have to carry 100/300 insurance coverage as you do with a lease. Only reason I know this for a fact is that my brother got a Smartbuy on a EXT. Like I said it prob varies state to state, and I am sure NY bent Caddy over a barrell.

IRWINVET is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi,
    Could someone explain how this dealer can do the following.

new 2004 CTS with automatic transmission
    SmartBuy
    24 months
    12K/Yr.
    $189/month
    $3495 down

$189 X 24= $4,536
    +Down payment= $3,495
    --------------
    Total outlay= $8,031

purchase option=$20,059

I have a 2004 CTS LSI with nav. and I have a 36 month, 12K/Yr SmartBuy and if I wanted the basic CTS with automatic transmission. I could have purchased 2.48 CTS,s at this rate. How is this possible. Whats bad is my friends see these ads and tell me that I must have purchase a very low end car to cost this small amount.

I have these ads available. A great week to everyone.

Irwin

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

In the 2004 line am I on heroin or was the sunroof the ONLY option. What is this FG2? Haven't heard a thing about it until now. Please tell me I am not going to sink a ton into aftermarket suspension because I didn't know about an option. Oh, wait, I'm doing it anyhow.

As for the luxury package, what the heck else could they add on here?

Methinks a lot of dealers are telling a lot of tall tales.

- Cal

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

CAL,
    2004: the only options are the Exterior Color, Interior color, Sunroof and Block heater. Everything else is standard...

2005: Same as above, but add FG2 ("track" tuned) suspension, cross drilled rotors option, additional 2 colors (redline, stealth gray), additional interior color (gray), Corsa exhaust, Carbon Fiber underhood kit.
    HOWEVER, all of these 2005 options (with the obvious exception of colors) are "dealer installed" options which means that the part basically ships in the trunk and the dealer installs it before you take delivery. To me, if these options are worth it, I will order them later and install them myself. Hey the Corsa exhaust may be cheaper direct from Corsa.

Only unknown here is if the FG2 is "dealer installed" as well. I believe that it is only shocks anyway. Miscreant, any input?

Reed
    CTSVETT

miscreant is offline GM Connection

The FG2 is dealer installed as well. The parts ship separate from the car (in boxes) and are tagged to that VIN for dealer to install when the car gets there. That is how most of our Hummer stuff works as well.

The luxury package is not an option, only a standard option code that is already on the vehicle. 2004 models had this option code as well, nothing new.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.