Cadillac Cts 2004 - Carputer - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Cadillac Cts 2004 - Carputer in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by nastymigui This is the look after I installed the CENTRAFUSE with the customized NEXUS skin. It matches ...
    LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

Re: Nexus Skin For Centrafuse

Quote Originally Posted by nastymigui View Post
    This is the look after I installed the CENTRAFUSE with the customized NEXUS skin. It matches really well with the CTS lights.
    Justin timberlake

sorry but LOL .....

LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

Re: Mods

I will have a look to your recommedations, thanks a lot.
    I'm using 16" but the biggest I can use is 17" (the law in Spain doesn't allow us to implement not approved modifications and that one is not).
    I don't know too much about that engine, but I will do some research over the web and I will let you know.

I use eBay, actually I found most of the parts for the carputer there.
    get some 18 inch stock sport rims....those are approved

and as for the engine all u can do is intake and exhaust unless u want to spend like 4-8k on a supercharger...

or you can be like me and spend 2k on nitrous

nastymigui is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS V6 2.6 (LY9)

My Music

Thanks for all your ideas about how to improve my CTS.

I found some info over my engine googling:

The CTS originally offered either a 5-speed 5L40-E automatic transmission or 5-speed Getrag 260 manual transmission. The Getrag was replaced with an Aisin AY-6 6-speed for 2005.

The Opel-derived 3.2L V6 has 220 hp, which it makes with minimal fuss at 6000 rpm. We question why Cadillac didn't use the 3.8L Buick V6, but we suspect the Opel's overseas breeding, higher DOHC technology, and its uniqueness among domestic GMs give it enough snob-power to overcome its lack of horsepower. Perhaps the fact that European models get a smaller 2.6L version of the same engine (which is already available on Opels and Saabs and built at GM's Ellesmere Port, England engine plant) makes the odd choice of powerplants a done deal.

NOTE: I noticed that people out there is making fun about the music I'm playing when I shot the pictures, so next time I will post photos with Shakira or Beyonce, do you agree or have any other suggestion?

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: My Music

Thanks for all your ideas about how to improve my CTS.

I found some info over my engine googling:

The CTS originally offered either a 5-speed 5L40-E automatic transmission or 5-speed Getrag 260 manual transmission. The Getrag was replaced with an Aisin AY-6 6-speed for 2005.

The Opel-derived 3.2L V6 has 220 hp, which it makes with minimal fuss at 6000 rpm. We question why Cadillac didn't use the 3.8L Buick V6, but we suspect the Opel's overseas breeding, higher DOHC technology, and its uniqueness among domestic GMs give it enough snob-power to overcome its lack of horsepower. Perhaps the fact that European models get a smaller 2.6L version of the same engine (which is already available on Opels and Saabs and built at GM's Ellesmere Port, England engine plant) makes the odd choice of powerplants a done deal.

NOTE: I noticed that people out there is making fun about the music I'm playing when I shot the pictures, so next time I will post photos with Shakira or Beyonce, do you agree or have any other suggestion?
    Your english is very good! Are you a native of Spain?

Spain

Yes, I was born in Madrid and my parents are from a lovely city called Málaga (I would recommend to go there to spend your holidays).
    My Grandpa came from England with his parents (his father had a job at the Embassy) in the 30s but he decided not to return with them and to burn the money of the family in wine, women, bull fighting, cars , etc ... and then to waste the balance.
    That's how we became an average family.
    Actually my father never learnt English and none of my borthers did either, but I had the skill to learn it by watching movies when I was young and now I can apply for good jobs because of that ...

I'm sorry for posting this message, but I am so new that I cannot send you a PM.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: Spain

Yes, I was born in Madrid and my parents are from a lovely city called Málaga (I would recommend to go there to spend your holidays).
    My Grandpa came from England with his parents (his father had a job at the Embassy) in the 30s but he decided not to return with them and to burn the money of the family in wine, women, bull fighting, cars , etc ... and then to waste the balance.
    That's how we became an average family.
    Actually my father never learnt English and none of my borthers did either, but I had the skill to learn it by watching movies when I was young and now I can apply for good jobs because of that ...

I'm sorry for posting this message, but I am so new that I cannot send you a PM.
    It's OK to wander off topic a bit. We all do it. Here we have the opportunity find out about a member from another country and how they ended up with a CTS. We have members from Israel, Germany and England. That's really cool to see our Caddys appealing to other countries.

We'll soon have you up to 50 posts so you can PM.

Bob

snooplbc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS

Re: Cadillac Cts 2004 - Carputer

IMHO the carputer is better than the stock NAVI...i h8 the navi...

afterdigital is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 05

Nasty,

just wanna give u some pounds 4 the niceness u pulled off....

Cool Improve My Performance

Hi guys,

I investigated a little to improve the performance of my CTS. First thing is to program the ECU to get more HP.

There is a Magnaflow dealer in Spain that would make a custom exhaust for me for € 1,000 (quite cheap, right?). They have one for the CTS-V already homolagated at € 2,500.

I will install a couple of Eibach products:

EIBACH PRO-KIT 3878.140
    EIBACH ANTI-ROLL 3878.320

And the BMR STB008 Strut Tower Brace.

I think I will get a Fram AirHog PPA7597 to follow the guide of RobertCTS for a Tony A Ram Air.

Now here comes my doubts:

If I low the suspension I must change the shock absorbers, but which one should I choose?

Since I'm getting more power my brakes would get too weak to eventually stop the car. Which one should I install?

Would you give me some leads?

NOTE.: I'm joining a Spanish club at www.silver-road.com so if some of you happened to come to Spain maybe you could come a get a ride with us.

Re: Cts 2004 - 2.6 V6 Ly9 (export)

Hi RobertCTS,

I made a CAI following your instructions and it seems like something changed a bit ...
    However, I'm making a decision over the other mods so this is what I'm doing shortly:

HOTCHKIS TVS 80079-1, $ 609.99 at www.tbyrnemotorsports.com
    People at Hotchkis told me that it will work fine with my factory absorbers.

Strut Bar BMR STB008, $ 249.95 at www.jannettyracing.com

New custom dual exhaust by Magnaflow, including a high flow catalytic converter that would give me like 20 extra HP. This will cost around € 1500.00.

If anybody knows a better source for the other components please let me know.

Future modifications will be to change the wheels (17" or 18"), shock absorbers and brakes.

Other Modifications

I finally installed a dual exhaust by Magnaflow and this is the result.
    In addition, I'm waiting for a strut bar from a V series I purchased at ebay so I will complete the suspension with the Hotchkis TVS.
    Attached Images

druboi31779 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

nice.....

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

I don't think that STB will fit. If that 2.6L is a variant of the 3.2L, and your CTS is an early 04, or older, you probably won't have clearance in the hood for the STB. It's worth checking out.

Stb

You are probably right. I checked the hood and I'm nout sure I will have room enough for it, but the part was so cheap that I took the risk anyway ($ 70).
    However, I'm taking the car to a race expert and I expect he will manage to make a custom strut bar for me.

Strut Bar In A Regular Cts

Quote Originally Posted by AznPrydeRegalRyde View Post
    I don't think that STB will fit. If that 2.6L is a variant of the 3.2L, and your CTS is an early 04, or older, you probably won't have clearance in the hood for the STB. It's worth checking out.
    Hi,
    Have a look to these pictures and let me know what do you think about the clearance for the STB.
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.