CTS interior wood kit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS interior wood kit in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; We've never been into messing with cars much, especially now that they come with good sound systems and alarms. However, ...
    Kansas-Cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member

CTS interior wood kit

We've never been into messing with cars much, especially now that they come with good sound systems and alarms. However, there are a few places in the CTS that (IMHO) would look so much better with wood, so I've been looking at wood kits.

What I really want to cover are those big grey textured panels on the doors (those kits seem hard to find). Maybe I'd also do around the shifter. Not sure about the rest. I wouldn't want to overdo it. Our concerns are that it will look cheap, that it won't really match the factory wood, that it won't be a perfect fit, etc.

Any comments, recommendations or advice? Pros? Cons?

I should mention we have an '03 and will trade it next year before the factory warranty runs out. Does something like this lower the resale or trade-in value?

MTIA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gp56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0

Re: CTS interior wood kit

I first installed what was supposed to be a factory match wood kit on my 2004. Hated it. Once of the reasons was it was not "real wood". I removed it and ordered real brushed aluminum for the center stack, console, door handles and A/C vents. Looks great, as if it was built that way. If you go with wood make sure it is real wood and not synthetic. Also the wood watch is not easy as the steering wheel and shifter on my car had a different grain that the door handle pulls.

CTSollecito is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have used many different wood kits...i have put them in my Hummer H2, chevy trailblazer, and my freinds lincoln LS...if you order the kit from a good company and get the real wood instead of the synthetic wood it can look very good. I love the look of wood and I am going to buy the kit for the cts...i took am going to buy the kit with the wood for the doors...the kit i think is around 41-47 pieces but i probably wont use every piece.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Red face Re: CTS interior wood kit

Wood kits whether real or fake do not give a 'sport look' or feel. They also are over whelming. Just too much of the stuff and in too many peices. You might want to try the XRS console piece. It looks the same as the CTS. Just my opinion, I dont like the appliques. If I were going to do it, I like the aluminum Idea. YMMV.

CTScop is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Local dealership (Don Massey in Plymouth) has a couple tarted up CTSs on the floor for sale. They have the brushed alum kit installed. Looks very good, although they must have been installed by a blind man as they are not lined up well at all!

The brushed alum look is very complimentary to the CTS sporty look IMO.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I have done many woods kits. Did on on my '03 Town Car and my dealer flipped! Took photos & hung them up. I've done a few for him. The BEST, absolute BEST, come from sherwood dash.
    Go here:-
    http://www.sherwooddash.com
    you can see actual photos of completed cars & schematics too. They guarantee and are upstanding company. You'll be pleased. However, if you have never done one .... it's ALOT harder than it looks, in order to get it flawless!!

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    Wood kits whether real or fake do not give a 'sport look' or feel.
    Having had a Porsche and a Triumph, it's hard for me to think of anything with 4 doors as "sporty". "Sports sedan" has always sounded a bit oxymoronic.

Anyway, I'm not too worried about whatever "sport look" the car might have. I just don't want to hurt the resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    The BEST, absolute BEST, come from sherwood dash. Go here:- http://www.sherwooddash.com
    They have exactly what I want to cover that ugly grey textured panel on the neutral doors... except it has a hideous white CTS logo.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

You'd better go back & look again. I went there and looked at every last one of them for the CTS and saw no CTS logo on anything...

Maybe I missed something.

I clicked on Search-a-Kit, then Cadillac, the CTS.

The one the has the pieces I want (to go over the big grey textured panels on the doors) is #1432. If you click on "Diagram" you'll see the big white CTS.

Did you find something different?

CTSollecito is offline Cadillac Owners Member

actually i think the logo on the door panel is chrome or a type of stainless steel..however i think you have the option of leaving it off...the kit i had for my hummer came with a stainless H2 logo that you could put on the wood or leave it off.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

I was thinking of aluminum for the center console stack and console around the shifter. Do you think this would look out of place with the factory wood as most companies go with one or the other, but not both? I don't want to go with more wood because too much always reminds me of those old conversion van kits. Maybe around the center stack ala the SRX would be okay though... it definately needs just a touch of something to dress it up. I like the design, but wouldn't mind upgrading the materials on a few pieces...

I put the real brushed aluminum on the center stack and console. Looks like it came factory installed and does not clash with the wood shifter or steering wheel.

KJTROT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Which of the companies has the real brushed aluminum kits for the CTS? I have seen the synthetic stuff on other websites but they scare me as to the quality.

Exotic wood dash has them but they are not listed as a choice. You have to call them. The price is the same as the real wood prices. Also, bitrim.com has them. It turns out that they are the manufacturer for Exotic. You may get a lower price quote for them. Only thing that sucks with the real brushed alum is that fingerprints show. Easily removed with a damp cloth, plus the overlay is very thin since it is not coated with polyeurethane like all the other dash kits.

FastCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Here is what I added to my 03. I got mine from Joe Micali 1-800-277-6458. You don't have to buy whole kits he can get you the pieces you want.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.